Request to reward players who have reached Diamond Legend with something special

EremiteAngel.9765

Though I would immensely love titles or badges for every rank from Bronze to Diamond - it isn't a well liked idea judging by similar suggestions in the past.

Since EOTM used to grant copious amounts of WXP, there are a lot of players who are max rank or very high rank thanks to spending every waking hour farming said map. Unfortunately, this makes the prestige of higher ranks irrelevant in the vast majority of players. Many who are max rank spent time there. Though it was never an "exploit", it still makes these ranks much less impressive as a result. That said, not everyone who has a high rank grinded the ever living hell out of the map or spent all their time there. Some players just love WvW very dearly and don't do much else.

I don't think infusions, armor or otherwise are a good idea simply because it takes so long to reach Mithril and onward. It doesn't matter if you play every day or not, the higher ranks were simply not intended to be reached without years of gameplay. Therefore, material rewards would be too exclusive to those who have the time to play for hours and hours a day. Those who have lives and responsibilities would simply never be able to attain these rewards and that seems a little unfair to me.

I've been in support of the idea of titles or badges since it was first suggested (how ever long ago that was) and achievements don't need to be a part of it. It would just be nice to be able to display these things outside of WvW as some of us are proud of our dedication, how ever pointless it may be. I know I'm not the only one who would enjoy this, but I also know there are likely many more who are against it. Sucks a little but, I understand their gripe.

Whilst its not an awful idea, as it was stated, thanks to EotM farmnig, it makes the rank less impressive than it should be. No different than PvP rank with wintraders being on the leaderboard....yes its on the leaderboard, however due to "exploits" its far less impressive than it should be.

Not saying that you didnt earn it outside EotM, it's just the idea of the rank being prestige has been shattered thanks to EotM.

I don't oppose this idea; however, many Diamond legends achieved their rank through EoTM K-training. Do we really want to reward people for doing that?

Maybe give someone the special reward instead who've reached diamond rank, but also completed all the achievements in the WvW list including Ultimate Dominator.

As someone who will never, ever get anywhere close to that rank, I agree. A reward of some sort is totally fair in my eyes. It is undeniably a lot of time dedicated to WvW, it wouldn't hurt to have something you can show it off with beyond the nameplate. I dunno how getting that rank is even possible lol. I must be doing everything wrong to level mine up.

@"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:Whilst its not an awful idea, as it was stated, thanks to EotM farmnig, it makes the rank less impressive than it should be. No different than PvP rank with wintraders being on the leaderboard....yes its on the leaderboard, however due to "exploits" its far less impressive than it should be.

Not saying that you didnt earn it outside EotM, it's just the idea of the rank being prestige has been shattered thanks to EotM.

Less impressive? How often do you run in to rank 10 k players?

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:Just curious but how many ranks could you earn per hour, back in the day, using the old EotM method?

I ran EOTM for a few hours a day (maybe 2-4?) for about a month when one of my guilds died and found I could really push myself to get 100 ranks a week or about 10 per day. That means you'd basically get roughly 3 an hour. That all depended on how good your zerg was, how confident your commander was, boosters, etc. Efficiency basically.

As for OP. I'm not sure how you reward them without it being something stackable like gold or badges of honor. Anything that promotes blobbing or karma training shouldn't be added to the game. If people are just going to karma train to get to 10k so they earn 1g per rank up or something, it won't be healthy for WvW.

@Leaa.2943 said:

@"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:Whilst its not an awful idea, as it was stated, thanks to EotM farmnig, it makes the rank less impressive than it should be. No different than PvP rank with wintraders being on the leaderboard....yes its on the leaderboard, however due to "exploits" its far less impressive than it should be.

Ive literally seen one, and we didnt even fight, it was the oddest most polite encounter ive had so far in WvW.

Maybe give Diamond Legend people some extra gold for just showing up and taking stuff if they're still playing after getting 10k rank because god knows they've probably played a lot to get there except for the EOTM ones but whatever let them have some extra gold too, be generous for god's sake.

@Israel.7056 said:Maybe give Diamond Legend people some extra gold for just showing up and taking stuff if they're still playing after getting 10k rank because god knows they've probably played a lot to get there except for the EOTM ones but whatever let them have some extra gold too, be generous for god's sake.Maybe do that per hours played in that case because the rank system has always been heavily tilted towards certain classes. That's the primary reason as to why the idea is going to be hard to motivate, not because of EotM but because class affects rank at least somewhere 1:5.

@Dante.1763 said:

Ive literally seen one, and we didnt even fight, it was the oddest most polite encounter ive had so far in WvW.

GW2 Efficiency ( https://gw2efficiency.com/account/statistics/statistics.wvwRank ) only shows the top 25 but I was listed as #32 when I hit max in February of 2018. There were 31 players ahead of me that were already 10k at that point, so I'm doubtful there are less than 100 of them today. I can think of at least 15 of them off the top of my head that I either know personally or am familiar with as an enemy. So although rare, it's also not as uncommon as some people think. More like getting a regular Exotic weapon/armor drop than getting a Precursor kinda deal.

Archived