When is next balance patch?

Junkpile.7439

@Hoodie.1045 said:As unlikely as it seems that we'll ever get a balance patch, I'd be very surprised if ArenaNet brings out a balance patch the day Wintersday comes.

the game is dead. there's basically one dev in charge of running everything that isn't related to pve.

the rune changes made took so long to come out but honestly it seems like 1 dev could have come up with those changes in no more than 2 work days.

@bigo.9037 said:

@Hoodie.1045 said:As unlikely as it seems that we'll ever get a balance patch, I'd be very surprised if ArenaNet brings out a balance patch the day Wintersday comes.

the game is dead. there's basically one dev in charge of running everything that isn't related to pve.

the rune changes made took so long to come out but honestly it seems like 1 dev could have come up with those changes in no more than 2 work days.

I doubt they have even 1 person working full time on balance changes, seems like a stretch, especially given how arbitrary and random a lot of changes seem, yet with only a few changes every few months these changes inevitable backfire almost every patch. I mean if I spent even 8 hours doing nothing but thinking about balance changes to come up with I would do a whole lot more of them than they do in each patch and I doubt they would really backfire more so than the current ones often do (even if a lot of people would disagree with me, but that is already the case...). The actual implementation of balance changes also can't take much time, it is just editing some numbers, nothing to code really.

@lodjur.1284 said:

I doubt they have even 1 person working full time on balance changes, seems like a stretch, especially given how arbitrary and random a lot of changes seem, yet with only a few changes every few months these changes inevitable backfire almost every patch. I mean if I spent even 8 hours doing nothing but thinking about balance changes to come up with I would do a whole lot more of them than they do in each patch and I doubt they would really backfire more so than the current ones often do (even if a lot of people would disagree with me, but that is already the case...). The actual implementation of balance changes also can't take much time, it is just editing some numbers, nothing to code really.

I think you misunderstood but I agree. I DON'T think they have 1 person working full time. they got 1 person to fix runes for about 1 workday. even the last actual balance patch we had it was only minor.and keep in mind we only get small changes once a season. you could just get 1 plat 3 player to make these changes in a few hours.. that's the state of this game. even PVE is basically dead. people log on, play a story update for about 3 hours, then leave.

@bigo.9037 said:

I think you misunderstood but I agree. I DON'T think they have 1 person working full time. they got 1 person to fix runes for about 1 workday. even the last actual balance patch we had it was only minor.and keep in mind we only get small changes once a season. you could just get 1 plat 3 player to make these changes in a few hours.. that's the state of this game. even PVE is basically dead. people log on, play a story update for about 3 hours, then leave.

100% correct Arenanet gave up in this game long time ago, they just release new story for all the carebears to log in every 3 months buy cute things from the cash shop and log out, they abandoned trying to make a better game long ago my dude, it is sad the developers do not see that PvP is what really makes money in the game industry, they decided to push for story mode instead in 2018 and try compete with massive single player RPGs that u can buy for 10$, instead of selling PvP skins on the cash shop (guild siege golems, personalized skins etc), which would require for them to actually play and the game and understand the PvP community in order to make the game mode fun and enjoyable first of, but hey they clearly know the industry and how to monetize their game who are we plebs to tell them what to do.

@Junkpile.7439 said:

@enkidu.5937 said:Balance what? Zerg, Guild fights, smale scale, roamers, siege, rewards, server balance, PPT / PPK . . .
mind explodes
Tough job Anet, take your time . . . maybe something more than christmas decorations ;)

Good start would be fix things that make game unplayable. Like scourge red circle spam.

The sheer amount of AoE and it's lack of meaningful cooldown is the biggest plague affecting this game mode.

@Rampage.7145 said:it is sad the developers do not see that PvP is what really makes money in the game industry

Depends on the genre. FPS or MOBA? Absolutely. MMO? I don't believe that to be true. While GW1 had a unique focus on PvP that isn't as present in GW2, the vast majority of MMOs incorporate PvP as a secondary game mode to the PvE.

Even WoW which tried (unsuccessfully) to promote PvE and PvP simultaneously, eventually realized that different people like different game modes, and more people were logging in to kill Illidan or play the auction house than those who were logging in to play Arena or Battlegrounds.

In WoW I knew many who played PvE only, who played PvE and PvP competitively, but very very few who only logged in for PvP, yet in GW2 I know quite a large number of players who only zone in to sPvP or WvW and don't bother zoning into any tyria/ expansion or LS maps.

@Jski.6180 said:

@Jski.6180 said:I am not sure if we are going to get one by the end of this year at this rate unless they have one ready to go. From what it sound like they are talking the holy days off.

Today!

O you have info? Well lets hope its a good update!

Look at the „Sigil update is not a class balance update“ thread, Ben confirmed it.

Archived