When is next balance patch? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

When is next balance patch?

Junkpile.7439Junkpile.7439 Member ✭✭✭

Today?

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer's Rest EotM Hero

Comments

  • yes sevenchars

  • Swadow.6213Swadow.6213 Member ✭✭✭

    No chance.

  • rng.1024rng.1024 Member ✭✭✭

    Wintersday ought to hit next tuesday. Funny to think how last year (closer to PoF release) we also had a balance pass for all things condi around this time, makes you hope.

  • Hoodie.1045Hoodie.1045 Member ✭✭✭✭

    As unlikely as it seems that we'll ever get a balance patch, I'd be very surprised if ArenaNet brings out a balance patch the day Wintersday comes.

  • zinkz.7045zinkz.7045 Member ✭✭✭

    You post about a balance patch in the WvW section, good troll.

  • balance? if we ever get a real one it will be awesome

    Just another WvW lifer who'll never say die... while dying again and again!

  • abandon all hope

  • you mean when will necros get nerfed again... every patch man.. every single patch

  • bigo.9037bigo.9037 Member ✭✭✭

    @Hoodie.1045 said:
    As unlikely as it seems that we'll ever get a balance patch, I'd be very surprised if ArenaNet brings out a balance patch the day Wintersday comes.

    the game is dead. there's basically one dev in charge of running everything that isn't related to pve.

    the rune changes made took so long to come out but honestly it seems like 1 dev could have come up with those changes in no more than 2 work days.

  • cobbah.3102cobbah.3102 Member ✭✭✭

    As always it will be on the twelfth of never , balance is a non existent entity an urban myth ,fallacy ,fairy tale all of the above even fictional.

  • Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

    That's a nice circular discussion you got going here folks :+1: I tip my fedora to my fellow gamers!!! They never do anything because it's only 1 guy am I right XD

    Logging out forever.

  • Balance what? Zerg, Guild fights, smale scale, roamers, siege, rewards, server balance, PPT / PPK . . . mind explodes Tough job Anet, take your time . . . maybe something more than christmas decorations ;)

  • They need to patch that broken ranger axe build, I keep getting hit for 24k from winters bite (Axe 3).

  • @bigo.9037 said:

    @Hoodie.1045 said:
    As unlikely as it seems that we'll ever get a balance patch, I'd be very surprised if ArenaNet brings out a balance patch the day Wintersday comes.

    the game is dead. there's basically one dev in charge of running everything that isn't related to pve.

    the rune changes made took so long to come out but honestly it seems like 1 dev could have come up with those changes in no more than 2 work days.

    I doubt they have even 1 person working full time on balance changes, seems like a stretch, especially given how arbitrary and random a lot of changes seem, yet with only a few changes every few months these changes inevitable backfire almost every patch. I mean if I spent even 8 hours doing nothing but thinking about balance changes to come up with I would do a whole lot more of them than they do in each patch and I doubt they would really backfire more so than the current ones often do (even if a lot of people would disagree with me, but that is already the case...). The actual implementation of balance changes also can't take much time, it is just editing some numbers, nothing to code really.

    Ögonen omges av vita och svarta penseldrag som gör att de ser större ut än vad de egentligen är. Baksidan av lodjurets öron kantas av svart päls som slutar i den karaktäristiska tofsen högst upp på örat. Lodjurets svans är kortare än de flesta andra kattdjurs.

  • bigo.9037bigo.9037 Member ✭✭✭

    @lodjur.1284 said:

    @bigo.9037 said:

    @Hoodie.1045 said:
    As unlikely as it seems that we'll ever get a balance patch, I'd be very surprised if ArenaNet brings out a balance patch the day Wintersday comes.

    the game is dead. there's basically one dev in charge of running everything that isn't related to pve.

    the rune changes made took so long to come out but honestly it seems like 1 dev could have come up with those changes in no more than 2 work days.

    I doubt they have even 1 person working full time on balance changes, seems like a stretch, especially given how arbitrary and random a lot of changes seem, yet with only a few changes every few months these changes inevitable backfire almost every patch. I mean if I spent even 8 hours doing nothing but thinking about balance changes to come up with I would do a whole lot more of them than they do in each patch and I doubt they would really backfire more so than the current ones often do (even if a lot of people would disagree with me, but that is already the case...). The actual implementation of balance changes also can't take much time, it is just editing some numbers, nothing to code really.

    I think you misunderstood but I agree. I DON'T think they have 1 person working full time. they got 1 person to fix runes for about 1 workday. even the last actual balance patch we had it was only minor.
    and keep in mind we only get small changes once a season. you could just get 1 plat 3 player to make these changes in a few hours.. that's the state of this game. even PVE is basically dead. people log on, play a story update for about 3 hours, then leave.

  • Rampage.7145Rampage.7145 Member ✭✭✭

    @bigo.9037 said:

    @lodjur.1284 said:

    @bigo.9037 said:

    @Hoodie.1045 said:
    As unlikely as it seems that we'll ever get a balance patch, I'd be very surprised if ArenaNet brings out a balance patch the day Wintersday comes.

    the game is dead. there's basically one dev in charge of running everything that isn't related to pve.

    the rune changes made took so long to come out but honestly it seems like 1 dev could have come up with those changes in no more than 2 work days.

    I doubt they have even 1 person working full time on balance changes, seems like a stretch, especially given how arbitrary and random a lot of changes seem, yet with only a few changes every few months these changes inevitable backfire almost every patch. I mean if I spent even 8 hours doing nothing but thinking about balance changes to come up with I would do a whole lot more of them than they do in each patch and I doubt they would really backfire more so than the current ones often do (even if a lot of people would disagree with me, but that is already the case...). The actual implementation of balance changes also can't take much time, it is just editing some numbers, nothing to code really.

    I think you misunderstood but I agree. I DON'T think they have 1 person working full time. they got 1 person to fix runes for about 1 workday. even the last actual balance patch we had it was only minor.
    and keep in mind we only get small changes once a season. you could just get 1 plat 3 player to make these changes in a few hours.. that's the state of this game. even PVE is basically dead. people log on, play a story update for about 3 hours, then leave.

    100% correct Arenanet gave up in this game long time ago, they just release new story for all the carebears to log in every 3 months buy cute things from the cash shop and log out, they abandoned trying to make a better game long ago my dude, it is sad the developers do not see that PvP is what really makes money in the game industry, they decided to push for story mode instead in 2018 and try compete with massive single player RPGs that u can buy for 10$, instead of selling PvP skins on the cash shop (guild siege golems, personalized skins etc), which would require for them to actually play and the game and understand the PvP community in order to make the game mode fun and enjoyable first of, but hey they clearly know the industry and how to monetize their game who are we plebs to tell them what to do.

    VR Driver
    Salty beavers top guild 2 years in a row back to back, the double champs
    https://saltybeavers.com/

  • Junkpile.7439Junkpile.7439 Member ✭✭✭

    @enkidu.5937 said:
    Balance what? Zerg, Guild fights, smale scale, roamers, siege, rewards, server balance, PPT / PPK . . . mind explodes Tough job Anet, take your time . . . maybe something more than christmas decorations ;)

    Good start would be fix things that make game unplayable. Like scourge red circle spam.

    Low quality trolling since launch
    Seafarer's Rest EotM Hero

  • Turk.5460Turk.5460 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Junkpile.7439 said:

    @enkidu.5937 said:
    Balance what? Zerg, Guild fights, smale scale, roamers, siege, rewards, server balance, PPT / PPK . . . mind explodes Tough job Anet, take your time . . . maybe something more than christmas decorations ;)

    Good start would be fix things that make game unplayable. Like scourge red circle spam.

    The sheer amount of AoE and it's lack of meaningful cooldown is the biggest plague affecting this game mode.

    Fort Aspenwood
    Jekkies

  • Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Rampage.7145 said:
    it is sad the developers do not see that PvP is what really makes money in the game industry

    Depends on the genre. FPS or MOBA? Absolutely. MMO? I don't believe that to be true. While GW1 had a unique focus on PvP that isn't as present in GW2, the vast majority of MMOs incorporate PvP as a secondary game mode to the PvE.

    Even WoW which tried (unsuccessfully) to promote PvE and PvP simultaneously, eventually realized that different people like different game modes, and more people were logging in to kill Illidan or play the auction house than those who were logging in to play Arena or Battlegrounds.

    In WoW I knew many who played PvE only, who played PvE and PvP competitively, but very very few who only logged in for PvP, yet in GW2 I know quite a large number of players who only zone in to sPvP or WvW and don't bother zoning into any tyria/ expansion or LS maps.

  • It took them weeks to fix one skill when meteor was ridiculously broken, so just imagine how long it takes them to actually do real work and adjustments.

  • Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I am not sure if we are going to get one by the end of this year at this rate unless they have one ready to go. From what it sound like they are talking the holy days off.

  • @Jski.6180 said:
    I am not sure if we are going to get one by the end of this year at this rate unless they have one ready to go. From what it sound like they are talking the holy days off.

    Today!

  • Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @DanAlcedo.3281 said:

    @Jski.6180 said:
    I am not sure if we are going to get one by the end of this year at this rate unless they have one ready to go. From what it sound like they are talking the holy days off.

    Today!

    O you have info? Well lets hope its a good update!

  • @Jski.6180 said:

    @DanAlcedo.3281 said:

    @Jski.6180 said:
    I am not sure if we are going to get one by the end of this year at this rate unless they have one ready to go. From what it sound like they are talking the holy days off.

    Today!

    O you have info? Well lets hope its a good update!

    Look at the „Sigil update is not a class balance update“ thread, Ben confirmed it.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.