Torch #5

Lonewolf Kai.3682

It is a useless skill. Do not use it. The remove condi is useless. You are better off with AA in every situation outside of using scepter and there is more than 1 enemy.

Million suggestions were made before to fix this skill, but Anet, as usual, refuses to listen.

@"mrauls.6519" said:It should literally pulse fire around the guardian for x amount of seconds, clearing condis on allies hit AND the guardian

I would support this idea but something that surrounds the Guardian for x number of seconds seems to be too similar to Zealot's Flame. This does solve the issue of having to position yourself behind your ally for the cleansing to take effect, since the skill is has a cone shaped effect.

A lot of people do think that it does't do a lot of damage but I do understand the point that it's a "burn" skill that you can't cleanse. Which has its advantages. It sort of reminds me of Sword #3 skill. (It's a deflect but the damage is somewhat unreliable at a distance) I can't remember if using Torch #5 roots you in place. If it doesn't well then it's something of a point to it as well.

What I do recommend it would do is to have it as a completely offensive skill rather than this weak mix that relies on such weird positioning to take advantage of both benefits.

Maybe instead of cleansing it can cause Weakness for its duration -- maybe dial down the flat damage a bit so it isn't too OP. If it does root you in place as you channel it, then maybe remove that as well, so you can chase down your target if he/she tries to avoid being CC'd with your Flame Burps.

@jpg.1783 said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:It should literally pulse fire around the guardian for x amount of seconds, clearing condis on allies hit AND the guardian

I would support this idea but something that surrounds the Guardian for x number of seconds seems to be too similar to Zealot's Flame. This does solve the issue of having to position yourself behind your ally for the cleansing to take effect, since the skill is has a cone shaped effect.

A lot of people do think that it does't do a lot of damage but I do understand the point that it's a "burn" skill that you can't cleanse. Which has its advantages. It sort of reminds me of Sword #3 skill. (It's a deflect but the damage is somewhat unreliable at a distance) I can't remember if using Torch #5 roots you in place. If it doesn't well then it's something of a point to it as well.

What I do recommend it would do is to have it as a completely offensive skill rather than this weak mix that relies on such weird positioning to take advantage of both benefits.

Maybe instead of cleansing it can cause Weakness for its duration -- maybe dial down the flat damage a bit so it isn't too OP. If it does root you in place as you channel it, then maybe remove that as well, so you can chase down your target if he/she tries to avoid being CC'd with your Flame Burps.

You can move and breath flame. It's like being a dragon. .... only with blue/white ish flame

@Dace.8173 said:

@jpg.1783 said:

You can move and breath flame. It's like being a dragon. .... only with blue/white ish flame

Ah then yes, I think what needs to be changed is just the cleansing part then -- because yes, Guardians have other ways of cleansing and tons of them. And I don't think your party would rely on you solely for the condition cleansing. Guardian's aren't babysitters -- they support sure but let's not put the weight of the world on our shoulders. :#

@otto.5684 said:

@Dace.8173 said:I really don't use it for cleanse but for straight damage. It's good to make people back off or pay for not backing off and it is fun to use on a downed player if you can't afford to leave yourself open for the stomp.

You are better off with AA even when playing condi build.

Which is a shame honestly. This is why I think a burn stack or two would go much further.

@Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

@Dace.8173 said:I really don't use it for cleanse but for straight damage. It's good to make people back off or pay for not backing off and it is fun to use on a downed player if you can't afford to leave yourself open for the stomp.

Which is a shame honestly. This is why I think a burn stack or two would go much further.

This is not likely to happen cuz Of PvE dps purposes. It could have been done pre PoF, but now it will require adjustments elsewhere for in FB dps output.

I think if it is a useful self defense option that would be ideal.

@otto.5684 said:

This is not likely to happen cuz Of PvE dps purposes. It could have been done pre PoF, but now it will require adjustments elsewhere for in FB dps output.

But we already have enough defensive options with focus and shield.

@Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

But we already have enough defensive options with focus and shield.

For multiple reasons.

To make torch viable in PvP. The fact that none of its skills have a defensive capability pushes it out.

As I mentioned previously, FB condi build in PvE is already balanced presuming torch 5 does not damage over AA. If it does, that will require an adjustment to FB somewhere else.

Also, focus, while a defensive weapon, is primarily used offensively in PvE. And as good balance design you do not your weapons to be either full damage or full sustain/support. This typically results in weapons being useless in PvE or PvP and isolate them to very specific builds.

Archived