If Anet ever adds it where player characters can be paired with npc's. — Guild Wars 2 Forums

If Anet ever adds it where player characters can be paired with npc's.

If Anet ever decides to have it where player characters can be paired with an npc depending on the gender of the character. And Anet dose not limit, who the player character can be paired with.
Well personally I'm gonna have my male human character Eidon Abramm in guild wars 2 fall in love with a female charr. Course there have to be a reaosn for this to be able happen in game, and its very unlikely this well ever happen. (I just love female charr their all cute to me.)

Comments

• luzonophir.7134luzonophir.7134 Member ✭✭
    edited December 4, 2018

well that charr could be a human too but in her shapeshifted vicious attack form. and if she loves you, she might teach your human male how to shapeshift.

so yeah, all depends.

• That be really cool actually.

edited December 4, 2018

@Telwyn.1630 said:
    If Anet ever decides to have it where player characters can be paired with an npc depending on the gender of the character. And Anet dose not limit, who the player character can be paired with.
    Well personally I'm gonna have my male human character Eidon Abramm in guild wars 2 fall in love with a female charr. Course there have to be a reaosn for this to be able happen in game, and its very unlikely this well ever happen. (I just love female charr their all cute to me.)

so yea, buy her flowers, pamper her with beautiful clothes, sing beautiful songs to her, sometimes give her some sexy time and show her that your love is forever.

and after that, if she's convinced that you deserve her love, you might learn the Sacred Art of Shapeshifting, by sealing it with her French Kiss ala Quebec.

and whalla, when she will be in human form, she will look like Alissa White-Gluz, who is the hottest death metal vocalist in existence, ever.

;)

• Dante.1763Dante.1763 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Rogue.4756 said:
    Here we go again....good grief.

I dont know what i just read, but i hope it never comes to pass.

Ember Wandertooth(SB), Lucina Fallenflame(Weaver), Kianda Redpaw(Guardian), Kingslayer, Light in the Dark.
    Why Guild Wars is called Guild Wars

• I think I need an adult.

☠ Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured? ☠

"Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail, and they never get to try again."

• @luzonophir.7134 said:

@Telwyn.1630 said:

so yea, buy her flowers, pamper her with beautiful clothes, sing beautiful songs to her, sometimes give her some sexy time and show her that your love is forever.

and after that, if she's convinced that you deserve her love, you might learn the Sacred Art of Shapeshifting.

One can only dream and sort of hope that this can possible.

• @Arsenic Touch.7960 said:
    I think I need an adult.

I am an adult.

• @Arsenic Touch.7960 said:
    I think I need an adult.

Adults are overrated.

• Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 4, 2018

As fun as it would be there's just no way Anet could do this without drowning in demands, player anger and workload lol

This is literally one of those features that cannot please everyone.

Imo the only way this could ever work in Guildwars 2 is purely from a Roleplay perspective and an in game marriage mechanic.
    Tbh they already do have the means for RP's to organize their own weddings (wedding outfits and a decorated shrine in LA)
    But no actual mechanic for it so it's purely a cosmetic player event that is vulnerable to trolling.

There's just no way they could do it in the story with NPC's.. and tbh I don't think they should even try to do such a thing.

• @Teratus.2859 said:
    As fun as it would be there's just no way Anet could do this without drowning in demands, player anger and workload lol

Imo the only way this could ever work in Guildwars 2 is purely from a Roleplay perspective and an in game marriage mechanic.
    Tbh they already do have the means for RP's to organize their own weddings (wedding outfits and a decorated shrine in LA)
    But no actual mechanic for it so it's purely a cosmetic player event that is vulnerable to trolling.

There's just no way they could do it in the story with NPC's.. and tbh I don't think they should even try to do such a thing.

I can only dream and pretend my male human character is in love with a female charr.

• Leo G.4501Leo G.4501 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Telwyn.1630 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:

I can only dream and pretend my male human character is in love with a female charr.

Bah, that's got nothing on my pairing: a female charr infatuated with my male asura.

• Durzlla.6295Durzlla.6295 Member ✭✭✭

@Teratus.2859 said:

This, the most Anet could donwould be to add a marriage system similar to rift/FF14, IE it’s there and you can use it but it doesn’t really do anything other than give you a controlled event that can’t be trolled by griefers.

"But my children sing to me. Listen. They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family. As their mother, I have to grant them their wish."

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

@robertthebard.8150 said:

@Arsenic Touch.7960 said:
    I think I need an adult.

Adults are overrated.

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.

• @Leo G.4501 said:

@Telwyn.1630 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:

Bah, that's got nothing on my pairing: a female charr infatuated with my male asura.

I created a cute female charr named Ayra Dantress whom I just pretend is in love with my male human character Eidon Abramm.

• Oh god. Shipping has invaded the forums.

Be careful what you ask for
    ANet might give it to you.

Forum Guides: Images. Text

• Dante.1763Dante.1763 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:
    Oh god. Shipping has invaded the forums.

I feel like this is something that should be kept among friends/guildies and not aired on the forums.

Ember Wandertooth(SB), Lucina Fallenflame(Weaver), Kianda Redpaw(Guardian), Kingslayer, Light in the Dark.
    Why Guild Wars is called Guild Wars

• @Dante.1763 said:

I feel like this is something that should be kept among friends/guildies and not aired on the forums.

Too late, it's gotten out now. We must purge everything with cleansing flames. Burn it all.

• Palador.2170Palador.2170 Member ✭✭✭

@NanoEliteSixSixSix.8935 said:

I think I need an adult.

I am an adult.

I get that reference.

Lip synching is just mime karaoke.

• @Palador.2170 said:

I think I need an adult.

I am an adult.

I get that reference.

Hooray! That makes me happy.

• Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭

@Telwyn.1630 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:

There's no reason you can't roleplay that with a friend or partner :)

• Fat Disgrace.4275Fat Disgrace.4275 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 5, 2018

I think I need an adult.

I am an adult.

Me too, we need an elder adult.

From tfs, right?

• @NanoEliteSixSixSix.8935 said:

@Dante.1763 said:

Too late, it's gotten out now. We must purge everything with cleansing flames. Burn it all.

how would you burn when the Lord-God Of Fire are against you?

and how would you burn those who are made up of fire, even?

Seems like a dream, for you.

• phs.6089phs.6089 Member ✭✭✭✭

I would certainly go after Marjory (I know no chances) but I want to know how she is doin?

I dream of elves in GW2.

• Loki.4871Loki.4871 Member ✭✭

A romance orientated spin-off game (visual novel anyone?) could have legs in the Guildwars setting (they do in any other after all) but in this game? It would be a mess and I honestly think it would be distracting. This game's about going out and murdering things horribly that are trying to murder you horribly.

• phs.6089phs.6089 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Loki.4871 said:
    A romance orientated spin-off game (visual novel anyone?) could have legs in the Guildwars setting (they do in any other after all) but in this game? It would be a mess and I honestly think it would be distracting. This game's about going out and murdering things horribly that are trying to murder you horribly.

the Witcher games beg to differ. Not saying I want date sim in Gw2, just saying :)

I dream of elves in GW2.

• @phs.6089 said:

@Loki.4871 said:

the Witcher games beg to differ. Not saying I want date sim in Gw2, just saying :)

Witcher games is single player and for 18+ while gw2 is rated 12+ so yeah wont happend

• NanoEliteSixSixSix.8935NanoEliteSixSixSix.8935 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 5, 2018

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

I think I need an adult.

I am an adult.

From tfs, right?

Indeed, Team Four Star it is!

@luzonophir.7134 said:

@Dante.1763 said:

Guess I'll just have to burn them as well. All must be cleansed in the purifying flame of cleansing.

Edited for spelling. Twice. Phone touchscreens suck for typing on.

• So I understand your reason. You think some of the characters are super cool. That's great!

But making important npcs datable would be a MASSIVE time consuming ordeal on Anet's side. Not only that, but it could interfere with things like the Living World and Expansion stories. What if you dated Taimi, and then she dies in the story?

Tarnished Coast, North America.
    I am on the hunt for exclusive dyes wink wink

edited December 5, 2018

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

I think I need an adult.

I am an adult.

From tfs, right?

Indeed, Team Four Star it is!

@luzonophir.7134 said:

@Dante.1763 said:

Guess I'll just have to burn them as well. All must be cleansed in the purifying flame of cleansing.

Edited for spelling. Twice. Phone touchscreens suck for typing on.

fire+fire = more fire and you get burned.

that's the way it works.

you can't even use water, coz it'll turn to gasoline.

you can't even use air, coz oxygen will make the fire alive and methane will make it more vicious.

and you can't even use sand, coz it'll turn to carbon and be coals.

so you, not even a .00000000003333% chance. or better yet, impossible.

(d) so yeah, it's either you give the ransom, or your inevitable destiny.

see how reasonable we even are. look at (d).

• @Dragon Priestess.9760 said:
    So I understand your reason. You think some of the characters are super cool. That's great!

But making important npcs datable would be a MASSIVE time consuming ordeal on Anet's side. Not only that, but it could interfere with things like the Living World and Expansion stories. What if you dated Taimi, and then she dies in the story?

You check to see if she left a will mentioning you?

Be careful what you ask for
    ANet might give it to you.

Forum Guides: Images. Text

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.