A new meta or useless?

CRrabbit.1284

Today tested a new (actually pretty old build) of core rev :http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQJAWinfNWNSuJrJRHl/kskygS4S5QJorcrklTFhNZzppBK8QNznSA-jFyHABNpEM/nAwPK/2T9HgvAAhv/wX6CA4QAkPIAYRB8/X9/fJFwoLjA-wWith FB's support: perma stab, perma resistance, perma 70-93% DR. NEVER get hit for more than 1k, most of time zerker herald hit me only 500+ with COR, can swim inside meteor shower. 80% received damage is less than my retaliation (~250). Still doing OK damage. hammer AA can still do 1k+ most time sometime lucky hit 2k. Staff AA is main damage. lack of group buff compared with herald but extremely sustain.

@"Eddbopkins.2630" said:Iv been messing around with this build past few days. I win some, i lose some. Its a pure cancer build. But its fun.http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNApXlnXNeNSqJvJR/kHlsgykS4Q5SJYrsrkFUlKNAOgFgtIWip4PETxYE-jpRAQBe4EAoz9HK5DAAAHBg9VG4kHCAA

Hmm how is that related to OP's build? Also I believe OP's referring to WvW zerg fights, not PvP.

@"CRrabbit.1284" said:Today tested a new (actually pretty old build) of core rev :http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQJAWinfNWNSuJrJRHl/kskygS4S5QJorcrklTFhNZzppBK8QNznSA-jFyHABNpEM/nAwPK/2T9HgvAAhv/wX6CA4QAkPIAYRB8/X9/fJFwoLjA-wWith FB's support: perma stab, perma resistance, perma 70-93% DR. NEVER get hit for more than 1k, most of time zerker herald hit me only 500+ with COR, can swim inside meteor shower. 80% received damage is less than my retaliation (~250). Still doing OK damage. hammer AA can still do 1k+ most time sometime lucky hit 2k. Staff AA is main damage. lack of group buff compared with herald but extremely sustain.

Have you tried adding a few Wanderer pieces for the boon duration? I think full Wanderer Armor can get you close to 50% boon duration with just a bit of loss in Toughness and Power. Regarding gameplay I'm curious - it seems like a quite good build, Mallyx and Dwarf are good legends for support and frontline, and there seems to be a lot of Resistance and Damage Reduction for allies. I like how you pick Corruption instead of Herald - I like Resistance and Damage Reduction there and it seems like an alright alternative. Only change I'd make is to take Charged Mists instead of Song of the Mists - Mallyx and Dwarf are quite energy consuming. Let me know when you try this build, I don't have the gear to try this yet, not until I'm done with my Bifrost :)

I played around with the idea of something like this when Demonic Resistance got added, but never committed anything to it because I didn't wanna have to pay for any new gear. I was thinking Commander's or Wanderer's could work nicely as well. Do you feel like you contribute enough to a group when you play it?

As far as the build goes, I'd say drop Song of the Mists for Charged Mists or Rolling Mists. You have to basically be hugging the enemy with SotM because of the 180 radius. Charged Mists is not too bad to adjust your playstyle to once you get used to it and would allow for more skill spamming. Rolling Mists could work nicely with Commander's gear to get you some more crits in.

Alternatively to Invocation you could run:Herald: 10% more health, 120 concentration, 10% damage reduction for 5-10 players, some on demand PBAoE stab, and a bit of 10-man mightRenegade: up to 35% reduced condition damage (arguably moot if you've got perma-resistance, but it could always get stripped), some group might, self vigor, lots of 10-man alacrity, more retal uptime.

~~A New Meta or ~~UselessIt's a selfish build that removes your damage and replaces it with nothing but personal facetanking. If you want to run jalis for the group then run jalis, no need to run full soldiers and corruption/mallyx.

This guy runs jalis @TheRubberDucky.1045I run shiroThis guy runs ventari support @messiah.1908

! The guy that runs mallyx is Firebrand.

@Justine.6351 said:~~A New Meta or ~~UselessIt's a selfish build that removes your damage and replaces it with nothing but personal facetanking. If you want to run jalis for the group then run jalis, no need to run full soldiers and corruption/mallyx.

This guy runs jalis @TheRubberDucky.1045I run shiroThis guy runs ventari support @messiah.1908

! The guy that runs mallyx is Firebrand.

It lack of team support for sure (compared with herald), but as you say, it can facetank (almost everything)So it's all about how to understand the role in team. Yes it sacrifice the buff support (but there is always enough herald around), but it gains the ability of true immortal frontline with the most fundamental role --- ABSORB damage. Where the most red circle -- go face tank it, also it still has some reasonable damage, after hard pushing thru opponents it can easily force their backline dodge/run thus break their team formation.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:I played around with the idea of something like this when Demonic Resistance got added, but never committed anything to it because I didn't wanna have to pay for any new gear. I was thinking Commander's or Wanderer's could work nicely as well. Do you feel like you contribute enough to a group when you play it?

As far as the build goes, I'd say drop Song of the Mists for Charged Mists or Rolling Mists. You have to basically be hugging the enemy with SotM because of the 180 radius. Charged Mists is not too bad to adjust your playstyle to once you get used to it and would allow for more skill spamming. Rolling Mists could work nicely with Commander's gear to get you some more crits in.

Alternatively to Invocation you could run:Herald: 10% more health, 120 concentration, 10% damage reduction for 5-10 players, some on demand PBAoE stab, and a bit of 10-man mightRenegade: up to 35% reduced condition damage (arguably moot if you've got perma-resistance, but it could always get stripped), some group might, self vigor, lots of 10-man alacrity, more retal uptime.

Reason choosing invoc over herald/reneg is mainly for the stab+stun break, since this build is heavily melee focused, its main role is to absorb damage and give pressure.Song of mist vs Charged Mist is hard to decide, SOM is mainly for the weakness (most underestimated debuff) since most useful time of the build is in melee range, however it does has energy problem(so choose CM is another choice), that's why the main damage is only from AA or #2, other weapon skills not practical since need to save energy for utility to maintain perma buffs.

Also Wanderer/Commander gears definitely works especially considering the price of sigil right now (if you can't get sigil then compensate with armor/trinkle).

The key point of this build is -- you can pretty much ignore getting hit (on the contrary with team support you are looking for getting as much hits as possible), and the same time your damage can not be ignored (not as high as zerker heralds, but you hits still hurt quite a bit)

@CRrabbit.1284 said:The key point of this build is -- you can pretty much ignore getting hit (on the contrary with team support you are looking for getting as much hits as possible), and the same time your damage can not be ignored (not as high as zerker heralds, but you hits still hurt quite a bit)

a whole two +7% damage multipliers, no might generation, 25% crit chance WITH fury (which you cannot self maintain) and no ferocity. I could probably facetank you on my full zerker revenant lol.

@Justine.6351 said:

@CRrabbit.1284 said:The key point of this build is -- you can pretty much ignore getting hit (on the contrary with team support you are looking for getting as much hits as possible), and the same time your damage can not be ignored (not as high as zerker heralds, but you hits still hurt quite a bit)

a whole two +7% damage multipliers, no might generation, 25% crit chance WITH fury (which you cannot self maintain) and no ferocity. I could probably facetank you on my full zerker revenant lol.

we can try, your COR hit me for 500, my AA hit you zerker for 1k plus I have almost double HP than you.Also I am talking about team/zerg fight in WvW. Might/fury is too easy to maintain, even a cleric geared healing herald can hit quite hard when fully buffed. zerk herald's potential has been maximized long time ago however defensive potential of core rev hasn't been maximized widely.

@CRrabbit.1284 said:

we can try, your COR hit me for 500, my AA hit you zerker for 1k plus I have almost double HP than you.Also I am talking about team/zerg fight in WvW. Might/fury is too easy to maintain, even a cleric geared healing herald can hit quite hard when fully buffed. zerk herald's potential has been maximized long time ago however defensive potential of core rev hasn't been maximized widely.

there is no helping you. best of luck.

@"CRrabbit.1284" said:It lack of team support for sure (compared with herald), but as you say, it can facetank (almost everything)

While that might be of use in a raid environment, "facetank" isn't a role for any game mode I'm aware of, least of all in WvW. I suppose if we had a Capture the Flag mode, your build might make sense as an unkillable flag carrier, but again, for what we have now, what is the point of facetanking damage at all?

Better to down the Scourge running at you rather than eating their bomb. :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived