Is there a revenant crash bug?

sostronk.8167

Posting this in Players Helping Players as I am unsure of what the bug is. It appears that whenever I am playing my revenant, particularly in WvW, my game crashes. This thread is an attempt to pin point what the issue is. Thus far, the crash is ONLY happening in WvW and ONLY on my revenant. It has only been happening for 2.5 days now, but only as I recently switched to maining revenant in WvW. I had been playing revenant in sPvP for the weeks previous with no problem. The crash will either prompt the error message to send a report to Anet or in some cases crash directly to the desktop (I have been sending a message every time it allows me to). It seems that the "laggier" (more busy / blobby) the WvW map, the more frequently it will crash. Currently it is instantly crashing as soon as I join SBI Borderlands (which is apparently extrememly blobby at present). On FA BL it doesn't seem to be crashing at all. And EB is crashing often when a major fight occurs.

Are any other WvW Revenants experiencing the same issue? If so, do you know what is causing it or how to avoid it?

I will be switching to another class to confirm I am not getting the same crashing that I get on Revenant.

Step 1) Go into your GW2 folder and delete the ~50gb data file. Dont bother with a repair.Step 2) Launch the game, it'll automatically redownload.Step 3) If crashes persist try the bug forum.

The GW2 patch system is brilliant compared to games that literally have to bring servers down for hours to patch, but in my experience about every 3 months its been patched to the point of effing up and random crashes/odd behaviour become frequent. The actual server crashes are pretty distinct in comparison (like, everyone getting tossed out of a border every 5 minutes).

@Dawdler.8521 said:Step 1) Go into your GW2 folder and delete the ~50gb data file. Dont bother with a repair.Step 2) Launch the game, it'll automatically redownload.Step 3) If crashes persist try the bug forum.

The GW2 patch system is brilliant compared to games that literally have to bring servers down for hours to patch, but in my experience about every 3 months its been patched to the point of effing up and random crashes/odd behaviour become frequent. The actual server crashes are pretty distinct in comparison (like, everyone getting tossed out of a border every 5 minutes).

Giving this a go now. Will let you know how it goes :+1:

Archived