Lags?

Snooter.6832

Been a GW2 player for 6 years now, i have seen many things improve in this game, loads of hard work on many areas(not discussing wvw or pvp per se) BUT for competitive modes, the one glaring thing, which i still after so many years cant get past by are.... the lags. You can do whatever/how much so ever optimisations as you want, but most of the top tier games with any sort of pvp mode built in has a much much smoother game experience than this. Put some effort into network optimisations Anet, it doesnt matter whether you play EU or NA it sucks if you don't live in either of those two regions. While i play as a non US/EU player on so many other competitive games where most of my time is spent on the fight itself instead of, "oh crap, my skills are not hitting, crap i must die now!" game mode, which is fairly frequent on GW2.end of rant

@"Snooter.6832" said:Been a GW2 player for 6 years now, i have seen many things improve in this game, loads of hard work on many areas(not discussing wvw or pvp per se) BUT for competitive modes, the one glaring thing, which i still after so many years cant get past by are.... the lags. You can do whatever/how much so ever optimisations as you want, but most of the top tier games with any sort of pvp mode built in has a much much smoother game experience than this. Put some effort into network optimisations Anet, it doesnt matter whether you play EU or NA it sucks if you don't live in either of those two regions. While i play as a non US/EU player on so many other competitive games where most of my time is spent on the fight itself instead of, "oh kitten, my skills are not hitting, kitten i must die now!" game mode, which is fairly frequent on GW2.end of rant

Not sure if this falls in the same category, but my greatest issue is with professions that have frequent access to stealth, like Thief or Mes, upon leaving the stealth.Much more often than not I am forced to take hits after the enemy already revealed itself by any previous hits. As in, the enemy model nor it's animations often do not appear on the screen even after they were revealed. This includes getting hit by DJ as the sound nor the laser nor the thief have "rendered" visible again.

@Alatar.7364 said:

@"Snooter.6832" said:Been a GW2 player for 6 years now, i have seen many things improve in this game, loads of hard work on many areas(not discussing wvw or pvp per se) BUT for competitive modes, the one glaring thing, which i still after so many years cant get past by are.... the lags. You can do whatever/how much so ever optimisations as you want, but most of the top tier games with any sort of pvp mode built in has a much much smoother game experience than this. Put some effort into network optimisations Anet, it doesnt matter whether you play EU or NA it sucks if you don't live in either of those two regions. While i play as a non US/EU player on so many other competitive games where most of my time is spent on the fight itself instead of, "oh kitten, my skills are not hitting, kitten i must die now!" game mode, which is fairly frequent on GW2.
end of rant

Not sure if this falls in the same category, but my greatest issue is with professions that have frequent access to stealth, like Thief or Mes, upon leaving the stealth.Much more often than not I am forced to take hits after the enemy already revealed itself by any previous hits. As in, the enemy model nor it's animations often do not appear on the screen even after they were revealed. This includes getting hit by DJ as the sound nor the laser nor the thief have "rendered" visible again.

This happens to me too. Recently the problem has worsened and fighting thieves, rangers or mesmers is a huge pain.

Archived