Weird mmr behavior. — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Weird mmr behavior.

DedalNort.3627DedalNort.3627 Member ✭✭
edited December 6, 2018 in PVP

Why if I play few games a day (lets say 3 to 6), my ratio is 2 wins to 1 lost game. Then if I play many games in short period of time my ratio is 2 lost to 1 win. Why game rewards me if I dont play too often. I noticed it 3 or 4 seasons ago. From that time when I want to climb in ranking I just play less games.

Comments

• Ok, I've read your post in the morning now I know what might be happening.

It's pretty much a low population issue. As you go higher you have less players, when you win too much in a small space of time game doens't have enough "your level players" to fill up your matches, then it starts placing worst to ppl in your team to play against same ppl you playing before, so you have to carry harder.

I have experienced this last week. I won 9/10 games and the madness began, then I went 3/10.

After that I never played after 2 losses in a row without taking at least a 3 hours break.

It worked wonders as my last 20 matches I had 80% winrate.

What is your rank btw, in the silver tier you shouldnt have this kind of issue, as you get closer to plat it'll happen much often.

• DedalNort.3627DedalNort.3627 Member ✭✭
    edited December 8, 2018

Your explanation sounds reasonable. Usually I am somewhere in 1-3 gold tier.

• Exedore.6320Exedore.6320 Member ✭✭✭

Gold is average range. You shouldn't have trouble with matchmaking at that point unless you're playing in the middle of the night.

It's likely that in your longer sessions, you become fatigued and don't play as well as time goes on. But it's subtle and you don't recognize it. It could also be a mixed of complacency where you don't adapt as well to opponents once you get into a rhythm.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.