Returning Veteran sPvP Questions

duchko.8639

Hello, guys I am thinking of returning to the game with the sole intent to play sPvP and maybe just maybe WvWvW . I was a leader and main team shot caller of a big and quite good (at the time) sPvP guild , If I remember correctly I managed to win between 400-500 games ( There was this strange ticket Tournament system where you had to pay tickets to play etc , so most of it was Tournament wins ) with my Warrior.I will be very thankful if someone take the time to answer my questions!

1. When I played you could ve play every role/profession , the game gave you the max level/gear is this still the case?

2. I stopped playing pre-expansions , so if Arena net still has the same politics as in GW1 after every expansion the meta was oriented around new skills that you can only get if you have the expansions, if this still the case?

3. Is there active competitive sPvP scene , In terms of would I be able to find group of people or guild to play with easily?

4. Meta wise , If I remember correctly the Engineer was the hardest mechanic wise to learn, but if learned had great potential for outplays, is this still the case? I am looking for something new to master (since playing 500 games with single build kinda makes you puke) .

Thanks again for taking time to read and hopefully answer!See you in the Arena.

@duchko.8639 said:Hello, guys I am thinking of returning to the game with the sole intent to play sPvP and maybe just maybe WvWvW . I was a leader and main team shot caller of a big and quite good (at the time) sPvP guild , If I remember correctly I managed to win between 400-500 games ( There was this strange ticket Tournament system where you had to pay tickets to play etc , so most of it was Tournament wins ) with my Warrior.I will be very thankful if someone take the time to answer my questions!

1. When I played you could ve play every role/profession , the game gave you the max level/gear is this still the case?

2. I stopped playing pre-expansions , so if Arena net still has the same politics as in GW1 after every expansion the meta was oriented around new skills that you can only get if you have the expansions, if this still the case?

3. Is there active competitive sPvP scene , In terms of would I be able to find group of people or guild to play with easily?

4. Meta wise , If I remember correctly the Engineer was the hardest mechanic wise to learn, but if learned had great potential for outplays, is this still the case? I am looking for something new to master (since playing 500 games with single build kinda makes you puke) .

Thanks again for taking time to read and hopefully answer!See you in the Arena.

1) Yes

2) Yes

3) Not really active competitive scene, but there are good people playing and you won't have trouble finding people to play with as long as you will actively look for them.

4) Absolutely not.Core Engi is right next to Core Ele in a line of utter non-viability. Scrapper is not Meta by any means, however playable unlike Core.Holo is very easy to play and actually quite over performing as well, so Holo is Engis only really viable choice/meta.

Archived