Alternate Skins WvW

Malavian.4695

I run with generic models for WvW to speed things along, but not all players do. One thought I had that might make it more interesting is to force generic models on all players for the game. Not generic human models either, but some exotic creature as if your world is fighting some other force entirely whether it is Margonites, Grawl, Dragon Minions, or whatever. It might add a little something to WvW to make it less boring, make the friends we were fighting alongside last week less recognizable, reduce server load and speed zerg battles with less lag. Would this be viable? If so, what enemy models should there be?

The engine technically supports changing skins by dynamic "faction" (players corrupted by Kralkatorrik vs normal players, Rytlock and Eir during the open world PvP invasion of Ashford) and that can easily be applied to WvW but I really dont see the point. Its Fashion Wars 2 after all. And it wouldnt reduce lag in the slightest, unless you imply that we also get like 1 fixed skill and nothing more.

Archived