[PETITION] Speed up the casting time of Sand Swell — Guild Wars 2 Forums

[PETITION] Speed up the casting time of Sand Swell

Good afternoon, Mr ANET developer.

I'd like to ask of you to speed up or remove the casting time of Scourge's Sand Swell utility skill. I've been testing it as a tool to reposition myself, or to get out of an ugly scenario, and while it's been good enough for me to keep it, more often than not I find myself half dead/very dead before the skill teleports me to the designated location. I don't really think other Scourge players would even care if you removed the barrier and the boon corruption in exchange of this.

Thanks.

Comments

• mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭

I like the animation as is. Throw some evade frames on the first port and call it a day.

The Psychomancer: Mesmer Elite Specialization Suggestion.

• @mortrialus.3062 said:
    I like the animation as is. Throw some evade frames on the first port and call it a day.

That can't happen. Necromancer can't get skills with evades (or skills that grant endurance or that give any other form of active defense)

Ögonen omges av vita och svarta penseldrag som gör att de ser större ut än vad de egentligen är. Baksidan av lodjurets öron kantas av svart päls som slutar i den karaktäristiska tofsen högst upp på örat. Lodjurets svans är kortare än de flesta andra kattdjurs.

• DanAlcedo.3281DanAlcedo.3281 Member ✭✭✭

Necro with a good mobility skill?

Not gonna happen.

• Dadnir.5038Dadnir.5038 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 7, 2018

@lodjur.1284 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

That can't happen. Necromancer can't get skills with evades (or skills that grant endurance or that give any other form of active defense)

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Not gonna happen.

The disillusionment's level is quite high here...

But yeah, the " barrier and the boon corruption" are already there to make up for the cast time. I'd say that it's already huge for the necromancer that there is this level of "compensation".

@lodjur.1284
    I'm pretty sure that if they remove the dodge from the necromancer they wouldn't mind giving the necromancer huge endurance gen.

• @Dadnir.5038 said:
    @lodjur.1284
    I'm pretty sure that if they remove the dodge from the necromancer they wouldn't mind giving the necromancer huge endurance gen.

Don't give them any ideas, they might implement these changes!

Ögonen omges av vita och svarta penseldrag som gör att de ser större ut än vad de egentligen är. Baksidan av lodjurets öron kantas av svart päls som slutar i den karaktäristiska tofsen högst upp på örat. Lodjurets svans är kortare än de flesta andra kattdjurs.

@lodjur.1284 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:
    @lodjur.1284

Don't give them any ideas, they might implement these changes!

True... True...

• DanAlcedo.3281DanAlcedo.3281 Member ✭✭✭

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@lodjur.1284 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Not gonna happen.

The disillusionment's level is quite high here...

But yeah, the " barrier and the boon corruption" are already there to make up for the cast time. I'd say that it's already huge for the necromancer that there is this level of "compensation".

@lodjur.1284

Call me when Necro gets t good mobility.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:
    Call me when Necro gets t good mobility.

I'm not implying that it does, I'm implying that you are realistic and legitimately lost hope.

• @Dadnir.5038 said:
    I'm not implying that it does, I'm implying that you are realistic and legitimately lost hope.

Reading comments like this makes me believe I am on the necro forum

• @mortrialus.3062 said:

I think the evade frames would be even better than removing the cast altogether, but since that smells as NERF-torch-crowd, let's stick with no casting time.

If the purpose of the skill is mobility, a barrier and a boon corrupted make up for nothing. Why would I care if I'm here or there if I'm already dead/half dead?

@herrmartell.7109 said:

If the purpose of the skill is mobility, a barrier and a boon corrupted make up for nothing. Why would I care if I'm here or there if I'm already dead/half dead?

The purpose of the skill is mobility in the context of a caster using a punishment skill. If you remove the "punishment" the skill lose part of it's identity. In itself, the necromancer having some mobility is in no way a punishment which mean that the "codes" of the "punishment" skills have to be respected and barrier and boon corruption are the important codes that define the skill way before the movement effect.

You also need to take into account that the skill can port more than a single player which can justify the cast time as well.

• herrmartell.7109herrmartell.7109 Member ✭✭
    edited December 7, 2018

The purpose of the skill is mobility in the context of a caster using a punishment skill. If you remove the "punishment" the skill lose part of it's identity. In itself, the necromancer having some mobility is in no way a punishment which mean that the "codes" of the "punishment" skills have to be respected and barrier and boon corruption are the important codes that define the skill way before the movement effect.

You also need to take into account that the skill can port more than a single player which can justify the cast time as well.

I read you. I understand what you say quite well.

I just want to find a middle point where this skill is actually useful as a mobility skill, instead of being just another skill who everyone ignores because let's be real, even among punishment skills the effect is lacking. Why not make it better by rebranding it as a single purpose, mobility related skill?

Taking into account that it only moves you 900, (which isn't that good, or that bad) I think it's a sweet idea. Not game breaking, and not too bad for it to be ignored.

• XECOR.2814XECOR.2814 Member ✭✭✭

Op posts actually needed qol change for necro and people jump to debate compensations. As expected.

A 600range portal is honestly so pitiful with that large cast time. Idk why they gave break stun to trail of anguish and not sand swell. It shouldve been insta cast breakstun 600 range teleport and trail of anguish shouldve been barrier+pulsing stab.

Btw has anyone used that skill that has snake like icon in any gamemode?

• Alehin.3746Alehin.3746 Member ✭✭✭

lmao sure buddy

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.