Reflection should scale off of the attackers stats — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Reflection should scale off of the attackers stats

Ruufio.1496Ruufio.1496 Member ✭✭✭

I don't care how it scales in PvE. KIll something in 2 minutes or 1 minute 58 seconds who cares.

I shouldn't be able to literally walk towards an enemy ranger, have him activate quickness with rapid fire while I activate magnetic aura while still literally just walking towards him and have him be so bad at the game that he eats his entire cast INCLUDING his point blank shot yet he takes only 6k damage total. If someone is THAT bad then they should be punished for it. (That goes for many other things as well but let's just leave kitten at reflection)

Comments

  • Why should retaliation be that powerful? It needs to either be mass scaled down or have some sort of icd on it where the attacker only takes "x" amount of damage per second.

    It's not good design to down yourself by doing something important to the game (attacking). Just as it's not good design to down yourself using skills as in the case of confusion. Probably better off if retaliation and confusion were outright removed.

  • Ruufio.1496Ruufio.1496 Member ✭✭✭

    @DeadlySynz.3471 said:
    Why should retaliation be that powerful? It needs to either be mass scaled down or have some sort of icd on it where the attacker only takes "x" amount of damage per second.

    It's not good design to down yourself by doing something important to the game (attacking). Just as it's not good design to down yourself using skills as in the case of confusion. Probably better off if retaliation and confusion were outright removed.

    Reflection, not retaliation.

  • Israel.7056Israel.7056 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Inclined to agree but I also know that it would just make things like firebrand even stronger

  • Eramonster.2718Eramonster.2718 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Israel.7056 said:
    Inclined to agree but I also know that it would just make things like firebrand even stronger

    I see what you did there :lol:

    Need more info tbh. Could be the Ranger outplayed Holo. 6k sounds rather high too...both side glass?

  • lodjur.1284lodjur.1284 Member ✭✭✭

    @Ruufio.1496 said:
    I don't care how it scales in PvE. KIll something in 2 minutes or 1 minute 58 seconds who cares.

    I shouldn't be able to literally walk towards an enemy ranger, have him activate quickness with rapid fire while I activate magnetic aura while still literally just walking towards him and have him be so bad at the game that he eats his entire cast INCLUDING his point blank shot yet he takes only 6k damage total. If someone is THAT bad then they should be punished for it. (That goes for many other things as well but let's just leave kitten at reflection)

    Nah it's okay that if you miss your reflect you take 19k from rapid fire, but if they literally just keep spamming into reflect nothing happens. Risk-reward only applies when talking about stats. The ranged power burst classes are considered high-risk already because they run berserker, no amount of invulns/evades/movement skills/range can ever make that no high-risk /sarcasm

    Ögonen omges av vita och svarta penseldrag som gör att de ser större ut än vad de egentligen är. Baksidan av lodjurets öron kantas av svart päls som slutar i den karaktäristiska tofsen högst upp på örat. Lodjurets svans är kortare än de flesta andra kattdjurs.

  • Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

    A reflect skill is two-part. Defensive and offensive. Many reflects are cast and forget which can pretty much double up your offensive ability against projectiles users briefly. If you want your reflect to do damage, run a damage build. It really does not need a buff.

    Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @MithranArkanere.8957 said:
    Reflection, retaliation and any other effect or skill that counters the enemy and attacks back should always scale on the stats of the one countering, not the one countered.

    Not true afaik. The base attack remains fixed (ie noncrit dmg, which scales on the attackers power). It only scales by your precision and crit dmg. If an ele would do 6k dmg at crit and double dmg, if you reflect it and dont crit it would hit back for 3k, if you reflect and crit with no critdmg it would hit for 4.5k etc and so on.

  • Noha.3749Noha.3749 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 7, 2018

    idk i often log into my full zerker chrono with focus and that glamour reflect bubble.
    The specced focus reflect is kinda avrage due to terrain etc, but that bubble thrown in a enemy blob just does some extreme damage at times.
    I remember a fight i joined as a pug vs a big gandaran blob and i threw that single bubble into the fray - it dealt 88k damage from a single utility spell.

    88 K DAMAGE FROM 1 SPELL. 1 well placed bubble returned 88K DAMAGE in total.

    Totally viable but very situational and quite hard to get those dreamreflects.

    <3

  • Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Dawdler.8521 said:

    @MithranArkanere.8957 said:
    Reflection, retaliation and any other effect or skill that counters the enemy and attacks back should always scale on the stats of the one countering, not the one countered.

    Not true afaik. The base attack remains fixed (ie noncrit dmg, which scales on the attackers power). It only scales by your precision and crit dmg. If an ele would do 6k dmg at crit and double dmg, if you reflect it and dont crit it would hit back for 3k, if you reflect and crit with no critdmg it would hit for 4.5k etc and so on.

    Reading comprehension failure.

    Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

  • Warkind.6745Warkind.6745 Member ✭✭✭

    Chunking yourself for 6k on a ranger and putting your main source of ranged damage on cooldown seems pretty punishing.

    All is vain.

  • RisenHowl.2419RisenHowl.2419 Member ✭✭✭

    Think my highest was 350k off one reflect so far

  • Optimator.3589Optimator.3589 Member ✭✭✭

    Spec burn guard, use reflect wall and lol at the burn stacks people get along with the reflected damage. :lol:

    REDUCE NA TO 3 TIERS

  • RisenHowl.2419RisenHowl.2419 Member ✭✭✭

    @Optimator.3589 said:
    Spec burn guard, use reflect wall and lol at the burn stacks people get along with the reflected damage. :lol:

    Shhhhh :>

  • Odinens.5920Odinens.5920 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 10, 2018

    Personally, to me it's a skill thing - if that ranger downs himself to a well timed reflect that's on him for not paying attention. In fact it's quite satisfying watching rangers die to their own mistakes. There are so many of them in WvW lately that something needs to be done to "thin the herd..." and if that something is their own mistake then so be it.

  • XECOR.2814XECOR.2814 Member ✭✭✭

    @MithranArkanere.8957 said:
    Reflection, retaliation and any other effect or skill that counters the enemy and attacks back should always scale on the stats of the one countering, not the one countered.
    Someone who goes around in nomad stats should not be able to take down that easily someone with Berserker stats, no matter how careless they are being.

    The opposite is fine for jujitsu and single player games, but not for an online game with people having different latencies and sharing experiences. There has to be rewards proportional to the risk.

    So you say i should not be able to kill afk player with autoattack-on who is on berserk while im nomad? You SHOULD be able to kill careless people no matter our gear. Thats how you have a skill based game.

  • Caliburn.1845Caliburn.1845 Member ✭✭✭

    I don't think reflect scaling would be a great thing. But I think it would be a good thing if double or triple the amount of skills were flagged as projectiles and could be reflected. As it is reflects only work on a minimum of skills.

    Caliburn.1845, Monsters Inc(BOO) guildleader.
    DH>DB>BG>MAG>YB>SBI>YB>AR

  • Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Caliburn.1845 said:
    I don't think reflect scaling would be a great thing. But I think it would be a good thing if double or triple the amount of skills were flagged as projectiles and could be reflected. As it is reflects only work on a minimum of skills.

    I don't think you realize just how many things are counted as projectiles in this game,
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Projectile

    Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

  • @Noha.3749 said:
    idk i often log into my full zerker chrono with focus and that glamour reflect bubble.
    The specced focus reflect is kinda avrage due to terrain etc, but that bubble thrown in a enemy blob just does some extreme damage at times.
    I remember a fight i joined as a pug vs a big gandaran blob and i threw that single bubble into the fray - it dealt 88k damage from a single utility spell.

    88 K DAMAGE FROM 1 SPELL. 1 well placed bubble returned 88K DAMAGE in total.

    Totally viable but very situational and quite hard to get those dreamreflects.

    <3

    Did you survive the retaliation?

  • Jugglemonkey.8741Jugglemonkey.8741 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Just a thought, but you haven't considered how obnoxious daggerstorm would be if reflects scaled like that. I've seen that thing hit for 10k on it's own, never mind reflecting full rapid fire damage.

    Critical Kit, Deadeye.

  • GDchiaScrub.3241GDchiaScrub.3241 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 15, 2018

    Considering the guardian (firebrand mostly) has the best up time I would be against this. While immersion-wise it seems like this would would make sense. Game balance would be horrible if a beefcake minstrel guardian could do DPS during blob engages. Furthermore, you would increase reflects uncapped nature (which is why reflects are "op") on burn guardians who use the numerous number of attacks to easily trigger virtue of justice's passive. Which reminds me! If you wanted to do damage with reflects, then use Permeating Wrath at least.

    D:

    RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] always dies on inc masters of the Die On Inc technique where Prince Jarvan just died.

    Holy Warriors of [Kazo] following Kazo doctrine guided by, Our Lord and Commander, Zudo in the holy Trinity of Him and his two firm glutes.

  • Caliburn.1845Caliburn.1845 Member ✭✭✭

    @Justine.6351 said:

    @Caliburn.1845 said:
    I don't think reflect scaling would be a great thing. But I think it would be a good thing if double or triple the amount of skills were flagged as projectiles and could be reflected. As it is reflects only work on a minimum of skills.

    I don't think you realize just how many things are counted as projectiles in this game,
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Projectile

    I'm aware. But from a WvW perspective its not enough. If say Necro marks and wells, Ele lava fonts, and Revs CoRs were flagged as projectiles, we might see some movement away from the range heavy zergs that instant pop people with little counterplay.

    Caliburn.1845, Monsters Inc(BOO) guildleader.
    DH>DB>BG>MAG>YB>SBI>YB>AR

  • Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Caliburn.1845 said:

    @Justine.6351 said:

    @Caliburn.1845 said:
    I don't think reflect scaling would be a great thing. But I think it would be a good thing if double or triple the amount of skills were flagged as projectiles and could be reflected. As it is reflects only work on a minimum of skills.

    I don't think you realize just how many things are counted as projectiles in this game,
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Projectile

    I'm aware. But from a WvW perspective its not enough. If say Necro marks and wells, Ele lava fonts, and Revs CoRs were flagged as projectiles, we might see some movement away from the range heavy zergs that instant pop people with little counterplay.

    Are you suggesting a projectile cast component to deliver these attacks? I could go along with that. It's never sat right with me having necro marks instant attack-on-point. It originally was the one thing I couldn't stand about scourge until they added a delay to it's first attack.

    Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

  • apharma.3741apharma.3741 Member ✭✭✭✭

    This entire thread makes very little sense and is full of uninformed people.

    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Reflect

  • borgs.6103borgs.6103 Member ✭✭✭

    kitten? Reflect literally reflects whatever damage it was, including effects to the attacker unless the attack was unblockable.

    OP you might be confusing Reflect with Retaliation, giving your wording of "how it scales in PVE".

    Hi.

  • Klipso.8653Klipso.8653 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 16, 2018

    As a support guardian, I have actually downed myself by dropping a reflect bubble in an SMC fight. The retal damage from players hitting themselves melted me almost instantly.

    -Balwarc [ICoa]

  • lodjur.1284lodjur.1284 Member ✭✭✭

    @borgs.6103 said:
    kitten? Reflect literally reflects whatever damage it was, including effects to the attacker unless the attack was unblockable.

    OP you might be confusing Reflect with Retaliation, giving your wording of "how it scales in PVE".

    Does not include precision, ferocity and condition damage. Meaning at best you're doing the damage of soldier gear.

    Ögonen omges av vita och svarta penseldrag som gör att de ser större ut än vad de egentligen är. Baksidan av lodjurets öron kantas av svart päls som slutar i den karaktäristiska tofsen högst upp på örat. Lodjurets svans är kortare än de flesta andra kattdjurs.

  • borgs.6103borgs.6103 Member ✭✭✭

    @lodjur.1284 said:

    @borgs.6103 said:
    kitten? Reflect literally reflects whatever damage it was, including effects to the attacker unless the attack was unblockable.

    OP you might be confusing Reflect with Retaliation, giving your wording of "how it scales in PVE".

    Does not include precision, ferocity and condition damage. Meaning at best you're doing the damage of soldier gear.

    I doubt that but even if that's the case, it's still the same damage in WvW as it is in PvE.

    Hi.

  • lodjur.1284lodjur.1284 Member ✭✭✭

    I don't see how PvE is related to anything, but that is the case you can look it up on the wiki if you doubt it.

    Ögonen omges av vita och svarta penseldrag som gör att de ser större ut än vad de egentligen är. Baksidan av lodjurets öron kantas av svart päls som slutar i den karaktäristiska tofsen högst upp på örat. Lodjurets svans är kortare än de flesta andra kattdjurs.

  • Arzurag.7506Arzurag.7506 Member ✭✭✭

    I can already imagine the complaints of those classes that literally kill themselves by shooting their high-damage ability at someone with retaliation.^^

    "I´m not big on sermons, Broken bones teach better lessons."

  • lodjur.1284lodjur.1284 Member ✭✭✭

    @Arzurag.7506 said:
    I can already imagine the complaints of those classes that literally kill themselves by shooting their high-damage ability at someone with retaliation.^^

    Reflect not retal

    Ögonen omges av vita och svarta penseldrag som gör att de ser större ut än vad de egentligen är. Baksidan av lodjurets öron kantas av svart päls som slutar i den karaktäristiska tofsen högst upp på örat. Lodjurets svans är kortare än de flesta andra kattdjurs.

  • Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭

    so a minstrel guard can do zerk damage vs all the ranged? that sounds like a really bad idea. might as well put a ban on all ranged in wvw.

    The horror...…….the horror...…….the horror...…….

  • UfoCoffee.2084UfoCoffee.2084 Member ✭✭✭

    @lodjur.1284 said:

    @Ruufio.1496 said:
    I don't care how it scales in PvE. KIll something in 2 minutes or 1 minute 58 seconds who cares.

    I shouldn't be able to literally walk towards an enemy ranger, have him activate quickness with rapid fire while I activate magnetic aura while still literally just walking towards him and have him be so bad at the game that he eats his entire cast INCLUDING his point blank shot yet he takes only 6k damage total. If someone is THAT bad then they should be punished for it. (That goes for many other things as well but let's just leave kitten at reflection)

    Nah it's okay that if you miss your reflect you take 19k from rapid fire, but if they literally just keep spamming into reflect nothing happens. Risk-reward only applies when talking about stats. The ranged power burst classes are considered high-risk already because they run berserker, no amount of invulns/evades/movement skills/range can ever make that no high-risk /sarcasm

    So you don't dodge at the right time or try using LOS and also miss your reflect and invuln cd? Sounds like you need to get better at your class. Also 19k? You in full berserker?

    There's so much projectile hate out there that the only class a longbow ranger or deadeye can reliably kill from range is a scourge nowadays.

  • lodjur.1284lodjur.1284 Member ✭✭✭

    @UfoCoffee.2084 said:

    @lodjur.1284 said:

    @Ruufio.1496 said:
    I don't care how it scales in PvE. KIll something in 2 minutes or 1 minute 58 seconds who cares.

    I shouldn't be able to literally walk towards an enemy ranger, have him activate quickness with rapid fire while I activate magnetic aura while still literally just walking towards him and have him be so bad at the game that he eats his entire cast INCLUDING his point blank shot yet he takes only 6k damage total. If someone is THAT bad then they should be punished for it. (That goes for many other things as well but let's just leave kitten at reflection)

    Nah it's okay that if you miss your reflect you take 19k from rapid fire, but if they literally just keep spamming into reflect nothing happens. Risk-reward only applies when talking about stats. The ranged power burst classes are considered high-risk already because they run berserker, no amount of invulns/evades/movement skills/range can ever make that no high-risk /sarcasm

    So you don't dodge at the right time or try using LOS and also miss your reflect and invuln cd? Sounds like you need to get better at your class. Also 19k? You in full berserker?

    There's so much projectile hate out there that the only class a longbow ranger or deadeye can reliably kill from range is a scourge nowadays.

    First off if your class is Ele, War, Necro, Guard or condi Rev (and to a lesser degree holosmith and power rev) there's actually very little counterplay available. You have your 2-4 dodges and 1-2 invulns and bad - medium mobility. These classes can't beat a soulbeast played by even a mediocre player.

    Rapid fire takes 2 dodges (when used without quickness) and has 10 sec cd and 1.5k-2.5k range (depending on terrain). Not to mention each auto attack does so much damage you need to Dodge them. 19k is on the higher end of what you can get hit for in TB armor lol, 12-15k (with sic' em ofc) is the norm (in full toughness gear), not really much better...

    Even more or less unbuffed auto attacks do 3k+ against targets in full toughness armor with protection. Dodging each one is hardly feasible, not all classes have that many invulns (espec since blocks do nothing). LoS is not always available.

    If you play any of the 4-6 classes with less mobility than ranger you will never kill one that has any semblance of skill (thankfully most don't).

    Projectile hate is useless when there is so much unblockable. Soulbeast has access to 1-3 on demand unblockables depending on the build.

    Currently the only class that can really fight soulbeast without being disadvantaged is mirage (even thief has an unfavorable mu AFAIK due to SB having many skills that are very powerful in that mu)

    Ögonen omges av vita och svarta penseldrag som gör att de ser större ut än vad de egentligen är. Baksidan av lodjurets öron kantas av svart päls som slutar i den karaktäristiska tofsen högst upp på örat. Lodjurets svans är kortare än de flesta andra kattdjurs.

  • UfoCoffee.2084UfoCoffee.2084 Member ✭✭✭

    @lodjur.1284 said:

    @UfoCoffee.2084 said:

    @lodjur.1284 said:

    @Ruufio.1496 said:
    I don't care how it scales in PvE. KIll something in 2 minutes or 1 minute 58 seconds who cares.

    I shouldn't be able to literally walk towards an enemy ranger, have him activate quickness with rapid fire while I activate magnetic aura while still literally just walking towards him and have him be so bad at the game that he eats his entire cast INCLUDING his point blank shot yet he takes only 6k damage total. If someone is THAT bad then they should be punished for it. (That goes for many other things as well but let's just leave kitten at reflection)

    Nah it's okay that if you miss your reflect you take 19k from rapid fire, but if they literally just keep spamming into reflect nothing happens. Risk-reward only applies when talking about stats. The ranged power burst classes are considered high-risk already because they run berserker, no amount of invulns/evades/movement skills/range can ever make that no high-risk /sarcasm

    So you don't dodge at the right time or try using LOS and also miss your reflect and invuln cd? Sounds like you need to get better at your class. Also 19k? You in full berserker?

    There's so much projectile hate out there that the only class a longbow ranger or deadeye can reliably kill from range is a scourge nowadays.

    First off if your class is Ele, War, Necro, Guard or condi Rev (and to a lesser degree holosmith and power rev) there's actually very little counterplay available. You have your 2-4 dodges and 1-2 invulns and bad - medium mobility. These classes can't beat a soulbeast played by even a mediocre player.

    Rapid fire takes 2 dodges (when used without quickness) and has 10 sec cd and 1.5k-2.5k range (depending on terrain). Not to mention each auto attack does so much damage you need to Dodge them. 19k is on the higher end of what you can get hit for in TB armor lol, 12-15k (with sic' em ofc) is the norm (in full toughness gear), not really much better...

    Even more or less unbuffed auto attacks do 3k+ against targets in full toughness armor with protection. Dodging each one is hardly feasible, not all classes have that many invulns (espec since blocks do nothing). LoS is not always available.

    If you play any of the 4-6 classes with less mobility than ranger you will never kill one that has any semblance of skill (thankfully most don't).

    Projectile hate is useless when there is so much unblockable. Soulbeast has access to 1-3 on demand unblockables depending on the build.

    Currently the only class that can really fight soulbeast without being disadvantaged is mirage (even thief has an unfavorable mu AFAIK due to SB having many skills that are very powerful in that mu)

    In an open area like WvW I agree it's a pain to be hit from so far away but you need to use your surroundings more and not be caught in the open.

    The op unkillable build that everyone complains about doesn't even use longbow. If you mean sic em ranger. They are squishy as hell and can be killed pretty easy. Also a lot of bad played seem to be drawn to this build and class in WvW so they are just loot bags 99% of the time.

    Also beast mode is on a 10sec cd so you can say they can use it every ten seconds but this never happens as they are obviously using their merged skills and switching pets etc. So depending on the fight they could use it then use some merged skills then unmerge so maybe 20 seconds?

    No ranger takes signet of the hunt? It's passive gives you +25% move speed which is completely wasted. Not sure what other unblockable you mean that soulbeast could use?

    Btw I'm a thief main and have been one shot by a SB showing up out of nowhere and point blank shotting me and then rapid fire when my shadow step was down so I feel your pain. I just think there's too much projectile hate out there now.

    You can't hit a mesmer from range now as they have almost permanent relfect. You could kill yourself from retal aoeing into a zerg.

  • lodjur.1284lodjur.1284 Member ✭✭✭

    @UfoCoffee.2084 said:

    @lodjur.1284 said:

    @UfoCoffee.2084 said:

    @lodjur.1284 said:

    @Ruufio.1496 said:
    I don't care how it scales in PvE. KIll something in 2 minutes or 1 minute 58 seconds who cares.

    I shouldn't be able to literally walk towards an enemy ranger, have him activate quickness with rapid fire while I activate magnetic aura while still literally just walking towards him and have him be so bad at the game that he eats his entire cast INCLUDING his point blank shot yet he takes only 6k damage total. If someone is THAT bad then they should be punished for it. (That goes for many other things as well but let's just leave kitten at reflection)

    Nah it's okay that if you miss your reflect you take 19k from rapid fire, but if they literally just keep spamming into reflect nothing happens. Risk-reward only applies when talking about stats. The ranged power burst classes are considered high-risk already because they run berserker, no amount of invulns/evades/movement skills/range can ever make that no high-risk /sarcasm

    So you don't dodge at the right time or try using LOS and also miss your reflect and invuln cd? Sounds like you need to get better at your class. Also 19k? You in full berserker?

    There's so much projectile hate out there that the only class a longbow ranger or deadeye can reliably kill from range is a scourge nowadays.

    First off if your class is Ele, War, Necro, Guard or condi Rev (and to a lesser degree holosmith and power rev) there's actually very little counterplay available. You have your 2-4 dodges and 1-2 invulns and bad - medium mobility. These classes can't beat a soulbeast played by even a mediocre player.

    Rapid fire takes 2 dodges (when used without quickness) and has 10 sec cd and 1.5k-2.5k range (depending on terrain). Not to mention each auto attack does so much damage you need to Dodge them. 19k is on the higher end of what you can get hit for in TB armor lol, 12-15k (with sic' em ofc) is the norm (in full toughness gear), not really much better...

    Even more or less unbuffed auto attacks do 3k+ against targets in full toughness armor with protection. Dodging each one is hardly feasible, not all classes have that many invulns (espec since blocks do nothing). LoS is not always available.

    If you play any of the 4-6 classes with less mobility than ranger you will never kill one that has any semblance of skill (thankfully most don't).

    Projectile hate is useless when there is so much unblockable. Soulbeast has access to 1-3 on demand unblockables depending on the build.

    Currently the only class that can really fight soulbeast without being disadvantaged is mirage (even thief has an unfavorable mu AFAIK due to SB having many skills that are very powerful in that mu)

    In an open area like WvW I agree it's a pain to be hit from so far away but you need to use your surroundings more and not be caught in the open.

    The op unkillable build that everyone complains about doesn't even use longbow. If you mean sic em ranger. They are squishy as hell and can be killed pretty easy. Also a lot of bad played seem to be drawn to this build and class in WvW so they are just loot bags 99% of the time.

    Couldn't care less about the tanky build, seems very mediocre for WvW and at least fighting it is slightly less boring.

    Also beast mode is on a 10sec cd so you can say they can use it every ten seconds but this never happens as they are obviously using their merged skills and switching pets etc. So depending on the fight they could use it then use some merged skills then unmerge so maybe 20 seconds?

    Well they can have access to it that often if they're willing to make some small sacrifices, but in truth you really don't need unblock able THAT often, only when there's actually something up.

    No ranger takes signet of the hunt? It's passive gives you +25% move speed which is completely wasted. Not sure what other unblockable you mean that soulbeast could use?

    Warhorn 5 gives unblockable when merged

    Signet of the hunt isn't good, but if projectile hate was as prominent as some people make it out to be it would be meta.

    Btw I'm a thief main and have been one shot by a SB showing up out of nowhere and point blank shotting me and then rapid fire when my shadow step was down so I feel your pain. I just think there's too much projectile hate out there now.

    There's too much in zergs and too little outside imo. The mesmer passive aside.

    You can't hit a mesmer from range now as they have almost permanent relfect. You could kill yourself from retal aoeing into a zerg.

    Retal is just a dumb mechanic, there's no real counterplay and it doesn't add anything imo. There's few things that tilts me more than when I see 30% of my incoming damage as retal in like 3v10 or something, given how there's nothing to do about it beyond removing more boons lol.

    Ögonen omges av vita och svarta penseldrag som gör att de ser större ut än vad de egentligen är. Baksidan av lodjurets öron kantas av svart päls som slutar i den karaktäristiska tofsen högst upp på örat. Lodjurets svans är kortare än de flesta andra kattdjurs.

  • Mokk.2397Mokk.2397 Member ✭✭✭

    @lodjur.1284 said:
    Retal is just a dumb mechanic, there's no real counterplay and it doesn't add anything imo. There's few things that tilts me more than when I see 30% of my incoming damage as retal in like 3v10 or something, given how there's nothing to do about it beyond removing more boons lol.

    Agreed .
    It is a dumb mechanic and should be removed entirely from the game.People like to talk about not taking any risk for reward and this boon puts that issue to the top of the list.It's getting to the point where its nearly impossible to to go into combat without killing yourself because of the excessive boon share brought in since PoF. I don't care how anyone tries to defend this .No one should be able to kill someone while they run away or just stand there not have to fight directly.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.