Minions die when going underwater

Not sure if it was clear what I wrote so I made two videos showing it.

1) Going in and out of the water with all minions, each minion is at the same skill button above and under water, none disappears

2) Going in and out of the water with all minions, minions are the same but at different skill buttons. Those on different buttons disappear, only elite and heal stay because they can only be at button 6 and 0.

Oh, for kittens sake! I've been playing necro main since beta and I just thought certain ones were always supposed to die and need re-summoning when going in and out of water...and Fred (Flesh Golem) just couldn't swim, because he was never available to be summoned under water to begin with. It was always greyed out for me when setting underwater skills. Thanks for this thread! Gathering is going to be sooo much easier now that I don't need to keep re-summoning my entourage everytime I need to go for a swim. Fred is adorable as a zombie shark!

Oh... I would have NEVER thought about that. This is completely counter-intuitive. So before re-assigning 7, 8, and 9 skills on land, you must remember on what position you placed them on the water skills bar, and vice-versa? Okay then. Honestly, I would still count that as a bug. Placement should not matter for those three. If you have an ability equipped, you have it and that's it - where it's displayed on the UI should not matter.

Spectral Walk has the same problem.

This is a shortsight. If you want to prevent your minions from dying during transition from land to water, make sure the minions are in the same slot on land as they are in water. It has happened to me a few times. So if you had your shade in slot 7, on land, make sure it's in slot 7 in water if you want it to survive in-transit.

Archived