Ranger vs Warrior — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Ranger vs Warrior

Farkon.2170Farkon.2170 Member ✭✭
edited December 7, 2018 in PVP

Who's more impactful overall in sPvP?

Feels like a good ranger/boonbeast with range capabilities beats a warrior/spellbreaker but I'd like to know the opinions of everyone here.

Comments

• Noha.3749Noha.3749 Member ✭✭✭

Spellbreaker for bunkering, Soulbeast for "a good all-arounder". . .

• Yannir.4132Yannir.4132 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Farkon.2170 said:
    Who's more impactful overall in sPvP?

Feels like a good ranger/boonbeast with range capabilities beats a warrior/spellbreaker but I'd like to know the opinions of everyone here.

It feels like Spellbreaker has a bigger impact when the games are low rated because it's easier to do well on it.
    Soulbeast on the other hand has bigger potential when played well, at Plat 2 or higher.

Personally I stopped playing ranger after the last round of nerfs to druid. I do want to try Sic 'em SB though.

• Khalisto.5780Khalisto.5780 Member ✭✭
    edited December 7, 2018

If by ranged capabilities you mean a bow ranger then warrior is better.

• Amityel.5324Amityel.5324 Member ✭✭✭

imo ranger because of great mobility and some good burst dmg

• Ryan.9387Ryan.9387 Member ✭✭✭

Boon spam soulbeast no question. It wins more 1v1s (primary role) and at the same time has a great amount of team support such as:

Aoe stance shares (regen, prot, swiftness, stab, retal, boon duration, cc condi immunity, one wolf pack)
    High burst aoe heal (owl f3 with NM trait for 9k aoe heal)

Also has more mobility.

Warrior has its place when it won more 1v1s. Now its outshined by the versatility of soulbeast.

• otto.5684otto.5684 Member ✭✭✭✭

Soul beast without any doubt.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.