WvW Condi SoulBeast Roamer

Trittium.9104

So I'm the type of person that hates playing the meta and likes to push outside those boundaries into new play styles and skill sets. I like to toy around with fun builds, so I made this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAV4YnE8Cl8itsAmrAUtgFDBLv62dDvMBgRXprpDEsqal8sEA-jlyCQBA4BAwSlglY/BJcBAcmSMPp+T90NgsDCQWUecsjAApAgYzG-w

There are a few changes you can make on the fly, utility wise, but the combo is pretty scary when pulled off right. Once again, I know this isn't meta or maybe even the best way to play condi ranger, but I've been having a blast playing it for the past couple weeks! Tell me what you guys think?

@"Trittium.9104" said:So I'm the type of person that hates playing the meta and likes to push outside those boundaries into new play styles and skill sets. I like to toy around with fun builds, so I made this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAV4YnE8Cl8itsAmrAUtgFDBLv62dDvMBgRXprpDEsqal8sEA-jlyCQBA4BAwSlglY/BJcBAcmSMPp+T90NgsDCQWUecsjAApAgYzG-w

There are a few changes you can make on the fly, utility wise, but the combo is pretty scary when pulled off right. Once again, I know this isn't meta or maybe even the best way to play condi ranger, but I've been having a blast playing it for the past couple weeks! Tell me what you guys think?

I gota say thank you for inspiring me to also mess with condi soulbeast. I wound up going a completely different direction but had a ton of fun playing it for a few hours tonight so I figured I'd add a link.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAsYRjEqQNLWyCusAVLWSEsnAQy61l/cvuZ3mKwo7EUi4PA-jlyHQBDS9nAq8jiKB51+DK7QAAgjAgX0EMO9A/6BAAtTAApAsb0G-wIt's weird! S/D+GS doesn't look like condi but hear me out.

Stay merged with the Iboga at all times. S/D with sigil of torment/blight and Iboga F1-F3 is your main source of damage. Try to stay above 75% for refined poison 2 stacks. The 5 second CD on refined poison, sigil of torment and iboga F1 lines up well to just keep pressuring people with poison, torment and confusion every 5 seconds at 900 range despite having almost full melee weapon skills. D5 for a bit more ranged pressure.

Use F2 then F3 + beastly warden to interrupt (which procs confusion) and then the taunt keeps proccing confusion. Initially, I ran with weakness and blind on F3 for better condi overload but switched the might/healing for better sustain. Blind wasn't worth it but weakness still might be worth it. Evade/poison with S/D 2/3/4. Basically confuse and torment while running circles around people. Perma poison to prevent them from sustaining.

Rune of antitoxin gives all WS 3 condi clear instead of 2. The heal clears 6 at once. Swapping to GS clears 4. So plenty of condi clear and ~3.2k armor. On the few occasions I got spiked, eternal bond sometimes gave me enough time to swap and merge with an owl to gtfo. Otherwise, I was just always merged with an iboga.

The zerker GS is not for the damage. It's just cause I don't have an extra condi one in my inventory. Would probably be best as a Dire GS. I considered going A/D + S/Wh or shortbow but I would have died so much from lack of mobility and blocking if I didn't have the GS. This was before reset on (SBI NA tier 1 if anyone really cares). Was able to win a decent number of fights, some outnumbered too.

Archived