[Q] WvW Burning FB -- Radiance or Honor ?

CRrabbit.1284

The aim is mainly for WvW zerging.FB and Virtues are pretty much must-have, so the question is the last trait.Radiance - 20% more burning duration (probably not very useful since already have quite bit burning duration and burning stack can never reach its full length before getting cleaned) ; 15% burning damage -- this is the real purpose, pure 15% damage increase.Honor - lota more team support besides AOE damage ; reduced staff recharge = more symbols, most importantly -- larger + longer symbol = more proc of justice (burning), however lose the 15% burning damage boost.

What to choose? (more practical in WvW?) Any experienced burning FB here ???

you gotta have honor if you have healing power. I would recommend this and using +condi +healpower stats. if this is pug zerging then its sort of a must have cuz rarely will there be enough guardians where you will start having 2 in a party. if for some reason you don't want to run with healing power then I would go with valor for tenacious defense, use shield + heal mantra. that is if youre frontline or you can be sure your aegis will block stuff and not expire naturally.

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:you gotta have honor if you have healing power. I would recommend this and using +condi +healpower stats. if this is pug zerging then its sort of a must have cuz rarely will there be enough guardians where you will start having 2 in a party. if for some reason you don't want to run with healing power then I would go with valor for tenacious defense, use shield + heal mantra. that is if youre frontline or you can be sure your aegis will block stuff and not expire naturally.

That's what I am thinking too.How about something like this ?http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAW7fnsAD9ChNDBOCDkCjF+BDLAsDKC7b0Q6JNrJkh6QA-jFiAABlp8jiHAQCHBgTV/pRlgJqbAgLCAM7PQKgP3pB-w

@CRrabbit.1284 said:

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:you gotta have honor if you have healing power. I would recommend this and using +condi +healpower stats. if this is pug zerging then its sort of a must have cuz rarely will there be enough guardians where you will start having 2 in a party. if for some reason you don't want to run with healing power then I would go with valor for tenacious defense, use shield + heal mantra. that is if youre frontline or you can be sure your aegis will block stuff and not expire naturally.

That's what I am thinking too.How about something like this ?

ya man that looks pretty good. for honor I would run the meta 1-2-3 (1 being top trait choice). dunno about torch since both of your mainhand weapons are ranged, I think shield would be a better pick but its your call.

Tried both traits, unfortunately, have to say, both are extremely weak.Burning duration are completely waste, never seen anyone with my burning tick for more than 2-3 seconds (most of them will clean after 1 tick), as a consequence it's impossible to stack multiple ticks on anyone. And FB can only apply only burning (as damage condi), if multi-ticks becomes impossible then it makes Burning FB almost close to useless.Sad but true ---- Minstrel and focusing on healing/buff is still main stream and 10x more effective....

@"CRrabbit.1284" said:Tried both traits, unfortunately, have to say, both are extremely weak.Burning duration are completely waste, never seen anyone with my burning tick for more than 2-3 seconds (most of them will clean after 1 tick), as a consequence it's impossible to stack multiple ticks on anyone. And FB can only apply only burning (as damage condi), if multi-ticks becomes impossible then it makes Burning FB almost close to useless.Sad but true ---- Minstrel and focusing on healing/buff is still main stream and 10x more effective....

ya I think balthazar runes putting your burns at 3sec is the sweet spot. the trick is to not hit the main zerg if you can, try to get stragglers from the main one or clumped ranged. also spread out your bombs cuz you don't wanna drop a bunch of cd's and have them all get cleansed. also if you are gonna hit the main zerg you gotta check their boons, if they have resistance then its a no go. they will have it up pretty much always when they first engage, it might fall off 2nd or 3rd pass, or ofc if you guys get a corrupt bomb on em. if both zergs are sticking to each other for a bit, at least in range, then wait be patient for the boon to expire.this is what I run. gs offers a huge burst burn vs 5 targets via whirling wrath, but often times I will grab staff instead. I also use axe instead of scepter sometimes.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAR7ensADtChVBBOCDkCjlHCL79MfuP71z7ZAFLA0AySA-jFyCABcp87k9HC4IAAouBAeAAEqEkiLCAlq/QKA/mZB-wits pretty close to the meta build, you lose a bit of healing and toughness, and all that concentration (not very important in a zerg imo) but gain a ton of damage.

Archived