Raven Helm - Charr

Regh.8649

• 2 months later...

The fact that Charr horns vanish in most head pieces is really bad imo - it's absurd on the face of it, and I often like to design my Charr toons to have really large horns.

For that matter I also wish that toons with long hair would have it peek out from their head pieces as well. Take the time to select a really good hairdo for your toon and then you put on the wrong hat and it's like their head was shaved. You shouldn't have to choose between horns/hair and a hat, as though the horns were just another head piece skin.

But what're you gonna do?

@kharmin.7683 said:There are too many options for hair, ears, horns etc that these skins would have to be programmed for each one which is why these things are simply hidden.

Not necessarily, some helmets have been designed to accommodate horns and ears, which are almost in the same place in every charr head .So there's no need to design one by one, and some of us would mind some minor clipping here and there

@Regh.8649 said:Howdy!Sorry to revive this post, but since the raven helm is back on the gem store, I'll take the opportunity to ask this again.Please make charr horns and ears visible, same for the asura.

Thanks in advance

If Anet indeed implement this option - Asuran ears as helm decoration , im gonna create Char beserker asap :)

@Mewcifer.5198 said:The problem with asking for this is that you might have people who prefer the horns to be hidden and they will be upset that the item they possibly spent real life money on has changed.

They could add it as an additional version free to unlock for all people who have previously purchased the helm. (Similar to the recent addition of the cupid wings back piece given free to owners of the cupid wings glider).

As far as actually making the model goes, I'm fairly sure no changes need to be made for the ears, By the looks of it Charr ears will fit under the helm just fine without clipping (instead peeking out the back, and even if there is clipping it would probably be with the feathers, which would be acceptable in my books.), and then some poly's around where the horns are need to be separated (not necessarily even deleted, meaning less work adjusting the texture). The round pieces of steel at the crown may need moving a little, either they could be moved forwards, so the seam could be cut behind them, or the round pieces could be moved further back and up a bit, and then the centres deleted to make room the top horns (may require more re texturing work so that it looks like an acceptable quality level).

But yeah, if they did this I would totally buy it.

Archived