GW2 will not launch and play in full screen mode.

I am having an issue where GW2 will no longer launch and play in full screen mode.When I try to launch the game I hear the game music playing in the background that you hear when you are at the character selection screen. I see the GW2 program icon down in my windows bar at bottom of screen. I see the GW2 gold hand on my screen. But the game itself with character selection screen will not come up. Letting it sit will eventually lock up windows completely.The game does however launch if I add the -windowed tag to the program shortcut on my desktop.

I am running a HP 860-180st desktop computerIntel i7-6700 processor32 GB RAMWindows 10 Pro 64-bit 1809 ver 17763.168nVidia Gforce GTX970 PCIE video card (driver version 417.22 from nVidia website)Intel HD graphics onboard the motherboard

I have tried the following...-Turning off windows defender and my third party antivirus Kaspersky Total Security-adding rules to my Kaspersky to allow full control of the GW2 game client, gw2.exe and the gw2 coherent ui program including adding the exceptions to not monitor or control them-Uninstalling Kaspersky and GW2 then re-installing GW2 without kaspersky to make sure it is not interfering-doing the -repair option in the GW2 icon shortcut-Disabling the intel onboard GPU in my Bios and double checking device manager and the nVidia control panel to ensure the system ONLY shows my nvidia GPU-I've done 2 complete Windows 10 re-loads in the last week using the media creation tool from the Windows website. Deleting all partitions on the hard drive and letting Windows 10 install from scratch. The first time I did it I did still have both the onboard GPU and the nVidia GPU enabled in the bios. And installed all of my programs, apps, drivers before testing GW2. The second time I did it was this morning with just the nvidia GPU enabled in the bios. This morning's reload I got the system up and did JUST the windows updates and GW2 download and install. No other apps, programs, third party programs, antivirus programs, firewall programs. And still the same issue of GW2 WILL NOT properly load in full screen mode.-For whatever reason the game is not creating a arenanet.log file in my appdata\roaming directory so I can not attach and post that.-I do have an open support ticket open with GW2 tech support and some of the things listed above were from them to try. The system re-loads I did on my own just to make sure I did not have any apps, drivers or programs causing conflict.-Anyone else have this issue and get it fixed and what did you do to fix it?

I did a fresh install. Used the windows 10 installation media I created from Microsoft's windows 10 media creation tool. Deleted all partitions on hard drive then did fresh install of windows 10 pro on hard drive. Tried playing game with default nvidia drivers that got installed with windows update with no luck. I then went out to nVidia's website and downloaded the newest drivers again with no luck.

Archived