Remove the RACE PROMPT Automatically if I Move Away

Hamfast.8719

When I pass the starting area of a race, a popup appears in the middle of my screen asking if I want to join. Unless I manually click it off, it stays there until the race is over.

Very annoying.

Here I am, well past the starting line of the race from Amnoon. I can't even see the blue starting circle in the distance anymore. The prompt screen should have disappeared automatically shortly after I left the tunnel.8oSQ2RT.jpg

Here I am with the city just a shadow in the distance. The race prompt is still on my screen.QK9Zska.jpg

I went clear across the map to Destiny's Gorge. The popup only disappeared when the race finally ended.2orrYPO.jpg

With all the new races being added, this is becoming more annoying than ever. The popup should disappear automatically if I continue beyond the area without responding, just like any other event I pass in my travels.

@Dante.1763 said:

@"flog.3485" said:Why not just click "No, thank you" though ?And if it is that annoying to you to click, why not just evading the places where the races are due to be spawning ?

As true as this is, it still should vanish, i mean all the other dialogue boxes do

True, but personally I quite find it that annoying that the other dialogue boxes tend to disappear without having no control over it.

@"flog.3485" said:Why not just click "No, thank you" though ?And if it is that annoying to you to click, why not just evading the places where the races are due to be spawning ?

Sure I can click "No, thank you". I have to click "No, thank you". I don't have any other option. The point is that to be consistent with other GW2 open world events, I shouldn't have to.

As far as avoiding these areas, did you happen to notice that the pictured race blocks the main entrance to Amnoon?

Enough people seem to enjoy these races that I suspect we'll just be getting more and more. Let's fix this now while the issue is still minor.

@Hamfast.8719 said:

Sure I can click "No, thank you". I
have to
click "No, thank you". I don't have any other option. The point is that to be consistent with other GW2 open world events, I
shouldn't
have to.

As far as avoiding these areas, did you happen to notice that the pictured race blocks the main entrance to Amnoon?

Enough people seem to enjoy these races that I suspect we'll just be getting more and more. Let's fix this now while the issue is still minor.

its funny though, the roller beetle races dont have this problem, at least im pretty sure they dont ive never had to close the menus out manually

@Hamfast.8719 said:

Sure I can click "No, thank you". I
have to
click "No, thank you". I don't have any other option. The point is that to be consistent with other GW2 open world events, I
shouldn't
have to.

That is not true though. The main entrance to Amnoon is the entrance we use in the intro story mission of PoF.To me, you are making a mountain out of a molehill. Especially when we never had more than one race per map and considering that this system has been in place for more than one year.If it was truly a big issue, don't you think it would have already been fixed ? Because surely plenty of other people would have been there complaining, closely following the release of PoF.

Anyway just an opinion of course.

Archived