Vallun's Suggestions for Balance Changes for 2019

Vallun.2071

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

passed to mesmer part

chaos " burst" dps = no, chaos doesnt have illusions trait which means cry of frustration is bad (the f2 with confusion) which means they don't have confusion stacks

conditions are supposed to be dmg over time = no , why would they be? It's conditional damage, not damage over time. They specifically reworked confusion to do less damage over time but more damage per skill usage and less if you don't use skills. They literally said confusion is going to be a burst condition now by doing this, because back in the day confusion was more like a dot and now it's not

reduce pistol damage = lol, it already does shit damage. It does less than 4k damage on its phantasm with marauder amulet and its even lower with a condition amulet, the bleed stacks sure are nice but they're still only 3.4k~ or so damage if its not cleansed and that's a joke on itself. Pistol already has bad damage but it's good cus of the stun and cus the phantasm cast is really fast and ranged

the biggest issues of this game have always been no LoS teleports and cus power damage is so stupidly high right now it's an even bigger issue than before, steal - judges intervention - phase traversal/ death blow

currently the +1 classes are way too easy (mechanically) to perform and it's almost impossible to fail if you take the correct fights and that's dumb, either add line of sight to to-target-teleports either reduce their range by at least 50% or reduce the entire class's dmg so they cant follow up, or add a cast animation so they cant pre-cast abilities

What 'new' chaos build ?Chaos itself nerfed many times... lets cry for more and make it unplyable everywhere.Complaint about chaos 'burst' is just pathetic xD .Nothing allow you to burst with it . By playing chaos you reduce your damage output for boons on shatters+ if you play staff protection from chaos armor . Boon duration/condition duration is nowhere near as other classes get for free permanentlyIf you want to complain about condition bursting people its because how confusion work now ,zero damage for not casting skills and low duration and doing lots of damage upon skill use.Complaints about ...pistol... Does he have any clue about mesmer there ?While we are here revive power mesmer and remove new dumb 'egotism' or w/e its called or merge with something how pathetic it is and add new one . Peace o/

good videogood suggestions

though i am interested, in your vision, what's necromancer supposed to do if you remove it's current damage capabilities and boonspam(thus also some of the need for corruptionspam) as well as its support build from the meta without giving it anything else? people already dislike seeing necros on their team without a dedicated babysitter.

i mean, ill keep playing nothing but necro in pvp regardless of the state it is in. i'd keep playing it even if it was so bad that it meant a guaranteed win for the enemy. but still

@incisorr.9502 said:passed to mesmer partconditions are supposed to be dmg over time = no , why would they be? It's conditional damage, not damage over time. They specifically reworked confusion to do less damage over time but more damage per skill usage and less if you don't use skills. They literally said confusion is going to be a burst condition now by doing this, because back in the day confusion was more like a dot and now it's not

Not that i give a kitten about what Vallun says at all but you are so wrong too: Ofc condition dmg is a dot dmg. You hit your stuff one time and the dmg effect ticks over time. Even for confusion it is like that. It makes your target not able to use skills for serveral seconds or they kill themself dúring you can even be afk or standing out of los in a safe spot and do nothing. Because of these ticking over time dmg on just one hit gives you the ability to play super defensive for the next seconds after you applied the condis by still doing dmg from only hitting your target one time. Because of the over time aspect condition builds are given more def stats because in theory a condition build kills slower, means the build needs some sustain. What is not even true because as mentioned, ty to the dmg over time nature the player can play way more defensive with kiting, los etc after applying condis than a power dmg player who only makes dmg when he actively attacks. So anet makes 2 mistakes: They gave condis burst dmg in addtionen to the over time effect and they gave them way too much passive sustain in additon to the active defense they can have by no need to attack permantently for permanent dmg. Thats why condition builds, no matter what class, are always unbalanced and easier to play in gw2. Simple logic!

simple logic. conditions easier to play he says

36 people are normal dmg and 4 are condition dmg in top 40

wow i guess those 36 are MAD LAD DAREDEVIlZ that like living on the edge while those 4 are scrubs right? or maybe just fucking maybe condition isn't easier to play in gw2 because GET THIS

IF THEY CLEANSE YOUR CONDITIONS YOU DO NO DAMAGE

LMAOHOW ABOUT THAT? SIMPLE LOGIC

You can't cleanse 20k dmg burst , you can cleanse 20 condition stacks in 1 button press. How the hell is condition "easier to play" when it has more counters than normal damage? The word condition means that it does damage if happens and if you're good you can make sure that X doesn't happen = gives more room for the enemy to play the game = by definition is weaker because you want your enemy to play the game less.

there isnt a single game in which CC or fast attacks aren't meta because the less your enemy can play the more your chances are to win and in gw2 condition gives your enemy room to play

they reworked confusion from a DoT to a bursty debuff which damages you if you use skills (which isn't even unique to gw2 it actually exists in like every 2nd rpg out there, even single player ones) and they reduced its duration. Condition and dot are 2 completely different meanings and anet chose to rework confusion to more bursty condition but you still have monkeys trying to make a case that confusion is a real DoT

Your problem is that you don't play at high end ladder and you don't see the top rated people because if you did you would see their classes and you'd realize power outnumbers condition 9:1 and even the condition builds are running amulets with power (carrion,wizard,sage) so its a hybrid and not a condition - simply because of how much better power is

your "logic" is non-existent and a mockery of anyone that can actually think and plays the game

@"incisorr.9502" said:simple logic. conditions easier to play he says

wow i guess those 36 are MAD LAD DAREDEVIlZ that like living on the edge while those 4 are scrubs right? or maybe just kitten maybe condition isn't easier to play in gw2 because GET THIS

You can't cleanse 20k dmg burst , you can cleanse 20 condition stacks in 1 button press. How the hell is condition "easier to play" when it has more counters than normal damage? The word condition means that it does damage if happens and if you're good you can make sure that X doesn't happen = gives more room for the enemy to play the game = by definition is weaker because you want your enemy to play the game less.

there isnt a single game in which CC or fast attacks aren't meta because the less your enemy can play the more your chances are to win and in gw2 condition gives your enemy room to play

they reworked confusion from a DoT to a bursty debuff which damages you if you use skills (which isn't even unique to gw2 it actually exists in like every 2nd rpg out there, even single player ones) and they reduced its duration. Condition and dot are 2 completely different meanings and anet chose to rework confusion to more bursty condition but you still have monkeys trying to make a case that confusion is a real DoT

Your problem is that you don't play at high end ladder and you don't see the top rated people because if you did you would see their classes and you'd realize power outnumbers condition 9:1 and even the condition builds are running amulets with power (carrion,wizard,sage) so its a hybrid and not a condition - simply because of how much better power is

your "logic" is non-existent and a mockery of anyone that can actually think and plays the game

Wait are you saying Vallun isn't a good player?

@Vallun.2071 said:Some interesting ideas. You put some thought into it. The problem with some of them is that it's not easy to achieve.Engineer Quickness is part of core engineer; not holosmith. You would have to take it away from all engineers (except scrapper traits) in order to take it away from Holosmith.Guardian I feel core DPS guardian has a lot of un-fun things to play against. The 50% crit from Righteous Instincts is way too good (can take defense stats and still do lots of damage), and Monk's Focus is a loaded skill too which doesn't have much counter-play. Remember that damage will be nerfed across the board, so there's no need to add more sustain to core guard. For signet of Mercy, I would swap the activated part with Signet of Courage so that the res activation would be an elite (like Battle Standard for warrior). The heal would then be nerfed with a lower cooldown, making it more useful.

A couple general things to look at as well:

• Removal of some utility sigils. Sigil of Annulment in particular. It's needed now because builds crap out boons. But if you fix that, then it will become too oppressive.
  • A few patches ago, a lot of abilities which apply might and vulnerability were changed to apply it with more stacks for shorter duration. This is partly a contributor to the high burst damage.
  • I'd like to see boon generation nerfed across the board for elite specs. You shouldn't be able to maintain a self-stack 15+ might without considerable active play (old d/d ele needed to burst its first fields).

I really like the direction of most of the changes. I feel like you didn't touch on Blinding Dissipation though. This trait is so frustrating to play against as a melee character. There's literally nothing you can do about it considering the shatters are instant. The blind also synergizes so well with Ineptitude.

I'm going to break this down. I dont know why, but I will.

@incisorr.9502 said:simple logic. conditions easier to play he says

wow i guess those 36 are MAD LAD DAREDEVIlZ that like living on the edge while those 4 are scrubs right? or maybe just kitten maybe condition isn't easier to play in gw2 because GET THISIF THEY CLEANSE YOUR CONDITIONS YOU DO NO DAMAGE

Condition skills in this game does way more damage (baseline) than power skills do. See Blowtorch on engi pistol 4 as an example. This skill does something around 10-16k depending on your choice of amulet. It's balanced around getting cleansed. Even skills that apply bleeding, such as the Necromancer Scepter auto still hits way higher than the axe counterpart if you let the damage rack up.

Mesmer has an insane amount of lockdown through Blinds, Daze and target breaks. Even evade and iFrames making your enemy unable to interact with you. This is kind of a null point.

The confusion is indeed way more bursty now than it used to be. Using something like JI f1 virtue mighty blow and focus 5 can result in an instant death from 21k health after eating a condi burst. In a VERY short period of time.

Vallun is one of the few veterans still playing this game. His knowledge of the game trumps most players. Also, I love how you're saying people don't understand the game when you're literally saying that Smite Condition and Glacial Heart can proc up to 18k Damage. As seen in this quote.

@incisorr.9502 said:tfw a core guard playing like garbage and using his judge and hammer 2 on a dodge roll cus he was obvious but then he just uses a insta cast smite condition (no animation skill) and procs glacial heart off of it and does 18k damage anyway with just the smite condi and glacial heart procxD sKiLl xD

wow i guess those 36 are MAD LAD DAREDEVIlZ that like living on the edge while those 4 are scrubs right? or maybe just kitten maybe condition isn't easier to play in gw2 because GET THIS

Pls don't act even more kitten and clueless than you are (hello forum ban). Ofc there exist also no skill needed power builds. That doesn't prove me wrong. My logic stands. Most condibuilds can permanently apply condis. No one can take enough condiremove except vs a burn guard. All other builds also have more than enough cover condis. And after condiremove you have exactly the situation i described. A power player will never have this over dmg effect, except from the new guard focus skill (the most stupid and unnecessary buff to a braindead build in the history of gw2) and the ranger warhorn offhand skill with the birds. Condis are dot builds just in gw2 they are burst+dot+high sustain, because Anet. I guess you are just mad that you don't have enough skill for power mesmer. Just another no name got lucky highranked with being carried by an easy mesmer build and low population of good player and now thinks he is someone in a casual game no one even cares anymore. We will never see you again in higher ranks or on mesmer when you can't find an easy noobcarry build anymore.

Cry some more about Rev as hardcounter and up Condimirage pls, i need new signatures xD At least you are known as a meme but surely not as a good player.

in my opinion the video is too much just a list of what you dont like about the current balance asking for stuff to be removed/nerfed to be a bad pick, but it doesnt go much into what the builds/encounters/matches would be like after such a change (often you dont even suggest a change, just an easy 'remove it') or what different builds would emerge with it (you tried a little bit with ele at the end, but thats pretty much it). there is just the vague : more interactive, less power creep that you say a few times. thats a nice slogan, but how does that really look like?

I don't know if you're legitimate here, or if it's just a troll-fed post. But I'll comment for those new ones who happen to cross this forum chat and think that what incisorr said has any truth.

Condition builds ARE easier to play. They drastically are. Compared to the effort any Power based class places for an encounter, a Condition Based class can lay back and let its conditions do the work. Let's be real here: can YOU, incisorr, as a Condition player, dodge all the abilities that give you Conditions while still applying pressure? Maybe, since you're such a god. But then, can you also cleanse all the conditions you have on you (in the event of a condition burst due to a small misplay)? I really doubt so. Any GOOD player knows how to interrupt the condition-fest heal on Necro, knows how to counter Jaunt which removes one condition, knows how to counter Ele's great evasiveness.

Condition vs power: you must have been joking. You must have. Your basic heal on most classes heal direct damage once in an interval, which can yes be CCd, but if placed well, will nullify direct damage placed on you. Conditions, on the other hand, requires specific healing that USUALLY has a longer cast time, or doesn't get fully nullified on the spot (mantra on mesmer (yes, yes, I bet you forgot that), heal on necro, etc.). The only true immunity I know of (and trust me, build wise, I know more than plenty) comes from Evasion Weaver. Which is ONE NON-META BUILD played by few people due to its poor effectiveness in different contextualization?

You mention, also, that in most games, fast attacks that are not DoT based are meta. 1: GW2 is not the usual game. 2: GW2 PvP has more than enough metabuilds who base their damage on DoT conditions (which confusion also is a part of since it deals damage over time the more you use your skills, which you NEED to use to cleanse it...). I posted and theorycrafted part of the most recent iteration of Condition Sage which is the current Meta build for Mirage. Trust me when I say I know what I'm talking about and regret posting that build to the public. Rant aside, condition based classes need LESS effort for the SAME results: lay back, press your skills, which can not be all avoided, and see them kill themselves by DoT from movement, spell-casting or simply from being on your enemy.

AS for the part you mention saying Vallun is not a high-end ladder player, he actually is top 40 (coincidental with what you used as an example) in NA right now. He mains any variant of Thief, but also plays Necro, Engi, Core Guard, etc. Please don't say non-sense you cannot back up.

I am not saying Condition based specs should be eliminated: they are the current counter to power based specs. But claiming that they are harder when you have a lack of evidence, which I showed, is wrong and should not be something to see in a forum chat where people seek truthful information.

Also, how can you kill your enemy if you can't move or cast a skill without losing approximately 2k of your health at 15 stacks (which is rather easy to do on either Necro or Mesmer)? You're supposed to stand still and let the other conditions tick on yourself? 5k Burning sure is ok, if it ticks each interval for 10 seconds. As I thought, a silver ladder person won't understand this if they think Silver is difficult without thinking outside the box (no insult meant to newbies in Silver, the game is hard to get at first in PvP after all! Play what you want folks, just don't say non-sense gibberish).

As for your hybrid comment: yes, amulets offer power, which is essential to scale condition damage from. But any VIABLE condition amulets offer things like Expertise, Healing Power, additional Vitality, etc. I have yet to see a Reaper heal for 15k, or a Power Mes heal for 10k from their healing. Let's put holosmith aside: they are truly imbalanced with their sustain which is on marge with Mender's weaver, without the amulet. Trying to prove someone wrong from a perspective which is a must in this game is truly arrogant and lacks any fundamental game knowledge: without power, condition builds would be more balanced (if need be, which I do not suggest). Having Power and Condition Damage on a single amulet gives some optimized builds the potential to be just as deadly as any other power-based class, just as quickly. I have yet to see someone resustain from a 100% Condition Mirage burst: 5k flat damage and 6k damage per interval, truly deadly. Oh and from a 2k critical hit with 4 stacks of bleeding who hit for 4k per interval. In fights, Conditions get more bonuses due to their application OVER TIME, which means even after a disengage, if you aren't a true god at managing your skills, you'll still die due to DoT.

Incisorr, I don't care about your current rank or your server (EU/NA), since the post you sent proves that whatever mechanical skill you have, the lack of game knowledge you demonstrated is truly saddening.

Have a good day. And man, I wrote way too much, one hour for such a post seriously >< Vallun, keep up the good videos, don't mind idiotic matters. And no, I'm not a fan. I just dearly respect your work and do not like it being shitted on by some mere player who doesn't have any game knowledge past their own personal belly-button build.

I'm going to break this down, because tired to see this lad playing counter (braindead build. bravan2k18) to mesmer and still cry about it all the time

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:Condition skills in this game does way more damage (baseline) than power skills do. See Blowtorch on engi pistol 4 as an example. This skill does something around 10-16k depending on your choice of amulet. It's balanced around getting cleansed. Even skills that apply bleeding, such as the Necromancer Scepter auto still hits way higher than the axe counterpart if you let the damage rack up.Thats monkamega example with blowtorch. Only skill in game that have insane amount of burn stacks and duration based on range when you use it... If that would be strong as you trying to make it look condi engi would be meta just like bunch of other builds but they are all dead and only scourge/mirage are. I dont even why he compare axe auto and scepter...doesnt make sense even but apparently for him doesMesmer has an insane amount of lockdown through Blinds, Daze and target breaks. Even evade and iFrames making your enemy unable to interact with you. This is kind of a null point.Blinds from MELEE around mesmer and tied to shatters. Feel free to see its cooldowns and proceed to cry.Amount of dazes depends on clones ... if they even survive to be shattered . Fyi dazes doesnt stack (with amount of stability everyone have not relevant even)Axe 3 is only target break ,unless they drop signet or portal . Is that insane ? HardlyThe confusion is indeed way more bursty now than it used to be. Using something like JI f1 virtue mighty blow and focus 5 can result in an instant death from 21k health after eating a condi burst. In a VERY short period of time.Only braended guardian will spam everything with 20+ confusion to die like that while having tonns of cleanses . It seems you are one of them .By the way if count confusion tick as 4k per skill use,using 3 skills wont kill you from 21k hp . Unless you had 30 torments and 20+ bleeds on top. If you wont coseplay practice golem that will never happen , may be you should ask Bullet to teach you how to play ?Vallun is one of the few veterans still playing this game. His knowledge of the game trumps most players. Also, I love how you're saying people don't understand the game when you're literally saying that Smite Condition and Glacial Heart can proc up to 18k Damage. As seen in this quote.His knowledge ends when he call everyone monkeys (which he do constantly) .Smite condition does stupid amount of damage (4-5k) instant damage ,2 condi cleanses and ofc base 2k heal . Even more funny that bs is passive proc on heal and does more than original(lesser skills supposed to be weaker vesion of original as stances etc. But being ignored here and on ranger trap proc on heal). So instant 9k damage and roughly 9k heal for guardian and -4 condis.On side note I dont understand why incissor assumed one of mirge traits (self deception) and try to exaggerate that much about some stuff or pretend to be a god among mesmers .

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:I really like the direction of most of the changes. I feel like you didn't touch on Blinding Dissipation though. This trait is so frustrating to play against as a melee character. There's literally nothing you can do about it considering the shatters are instant. The blind also synergizes so well with Ineptitude.

That build is already getting pushed out of the meta with the vigor nerfs now. More people are running the reflect trait and Deceptive Evasion.

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:I'm going to break this down. I dont know why, but I will.

@incisorr.9502 said:simple logic. conditions easier to play he says

wow i guess those 36 are MAD LAD DAREDEVIlZ that like living on the edge while those 4 are scrubs right? or maybe just kitten maybe condition isn't easier to play in gw2 because GET THISIF THEY CLEANSE YOUR CONDITIONS YOU DO NO DAMAGE

Condition skills in this game does way more damage (baseline) than power skills do. See Blowtorch on engi pistol 4 as an example. This skill does something around 10-16k depending on your choice of amulet. It's balanced around getting cleansed. Even skills that apply bleeding, such as the Necromancer Scepter auto still hits way higher than the axe counterpart if you let the damage rack up.

Mesmer has an insane amount of lockdown through Blinds, Daze and target breaks. Even evade and iFrames making your enemy unable to interact with you. This is kind of a null point.

The confusion is indeed way more bursty now than it used to be. Using something like JI f1 virtue mighty blow and focus 5 can result in an instant death from 21k health after eating a condi burst. In a VERY short period of time.

Vallun is one of the few veterans still playing this game. His knowledge of the game trumps most players. Also, I love how you're saying people don't understand the game when you're literally saying that Smite Condition and Glacial Heart can proc up to 18k Damage. As seen in this quote.

@incisorr.9502 said:tfw a core guard playing like garbage and using his judge and hammer 2 on a dodge roll cus he was obvious but then he just uses a insta cast smite condition (no animation skill) and procs glacial heart off of it and does 18k damage anyway with just the smite condi and glacial heart procxD sKiLl xD

It's balanced around getting cleansed, but cleanses are heavily, heavily over tuned at this point and the only reason scourge and mirage are keeping up is because of the sheer spread of conditions. literally every meta build can just shrug off 5-7 conditions on them several times over the course of a fight. Like you play core guard. You know dang well nothing like Holo or condi firebrand or beserker that are focused mostly around 2-3 conditions are ever going to be able to touch you. You're effectively immune to their damage.

Cleanses and resistance are supposed to mitigate condition damage the way protection is supposed to mitigate physical damage. You aren't supposed to be functionally immune to condition damage unless they punch you past your 7 cleanses limit, which really just leaves mirage and scourge as the only things that can even hope to viably run condition builds.

Archived