Does the community want Season 2 GVG tournament — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Does the community want Season 2 GVG tournament

King Bullyfoot

Does the community want Season 2 GVG tournament 101 votes

Yes
46%
NotoriousNaru.1705DoctorWunderbar.5037iwasoncecool.9734Helly.2597Scorci.3250aedisixgod.9785messiah.1908Threather.9354ArchonWing.9480morrolan.9608sephiroth.4217Terrier.8732Burnfall.9573spalex.9021Trajan.4953Caliburn.1845Euphorio.7293volpenvieh.3201KalasDelRio.8921funassistant.6589 47 votes
No
13%
Honest John.4673expandas.7051Turk.5460Zaraki.5784Susy.7529Junkpile.7439Princess.7584Blodeuyn.2751Waffle.3748DanAlcedo.3281LaGranse.8652Etria.3642Middzz.1490Mangotwist.9467 14 votes
Waste of time
39%
Jski.6180lolage.1450starhunter.6015Stand The Wall.6987Rampage.7145borgs.6103Blockhead Magee.3092Dawdler.8521Blackarps.1974Raknar.4735LetoII.3782neven.3785linamaria.1830Chrono.6832aleron.1438Drinks.2361JoEWas.1409Warlord.9074CrimsonNeonite.1048Jeknar.6184 40 votes

Comments

• Yes

So Season 1 was a success, now I'm wondering if we could pull off NA Season 2, what's your thoughts?

King Bullyfoot

• sostronk.8167sostronk.8167 Member ✭✭✭
    Waste of time

Dead gaem.

_We must secure the existence of our Quaggans and a future for Quaggan children. _

• XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

Do you have enough decent guilds that want to compete?

Another derailing post. ^^
    EBG North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed!
    || Stealth is a Terribad Mechanic ||

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@XenesisII.1540 said:

Since you chose that word I would say yes.

Would also be interesting to see either a 5v5 one, or maybe 10v10.

Not that it would be likely, but would be interesting to see

• Yes

I thought the last one was fun.

Ferguson's Crossing Server Leader

WVW LEADER

VR

• ArchonWing.9480ArchonWing.9480 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 10, 2018
    Yes

@XenesisII.1540 said:

Even if the answer was no, a tournament can be useful in getting guilds to improve.They can't become good without competition after all.

@ArchonWing.9480 said:

@XenesisII.1540 said:

Even if the answer was no, a tournament can be useful in getting guilds to improve.They can't become good without competition after all.

Sure if they're watching it, not being one pushed in it, you could do that any other time than a tournament.
    Point is a tournament should be rounding up the top 8 or 16 guilds and seeing who's the best that point like a playoffs, not to enter and see if you can survive being one pushed, that's the season. Tournaments are not the only time you can fight competition.
    Question is, is there enough guilds left in NA to make it an entertaining quality tournament? Or is it 4 guilds roughshod one pushing 12 others?

If season 1 was a success then run season 2, don't really need to ask randos in the forums.

EBG North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed!

@XenesisII.1540 said:

@ArchonWing.9480 said:

@XenesisII.1540 said:

Sure if they're watching it, not being one pushed in it, you could do that any other time than a tournament.
    Point is a tournament should be rounding up the top 8 or 16 guilds and seeing who's the best that point like a playoffs, not to enter and see if you can survive being one pushed, that's the season. Tournaments are not the only time you can fight competition.
    Question is, is there enough guilds left in NA to make it an entertaining quality tournament? Or is it 4 guilds roughshod one pushing 12 others?

If season 1 was a success then run season 2, don't really need to ask randos in the forums.

Not sure if the first one was an actual ‘season’ vs a tournament.

But an actual ‘season’ of 12-16 groups with each one having, let’s say 8 matchups, with the highest standing 4-6 guilds facing off in a tournament.

• Yes

The tournament wouldn't be till February and signups wouldn't be till January. I am currently reworking the rules, guild recruiting, admin team, etc. But I'm pretty confident we can get at least 20 guilds or more. Last tournament was 26 guilds

King Bullyfoot

• SloRules.3560SloRules.3560 Member ✭✭✭

Isn't it a bit of a waste asking on public forums? Doesn't NA have some sort of discord for guilds? Or at least more involved players?

As for question, i sure would like to see a tournament, but won't vote, because i'm obviously EU and my vote wouldn't be representative of anything.

• Waste of time

https://clips.twitch.tv/HardBenevolentSrirachaAllenHuhu

ANet doesnt care about your GvG.

I Play On Fort Aspenwood [WHY]
    http://i.imgur.com/uQQTn.jpg

• ArchonWing.9480ArchonWing.9480 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 11, 2018
    Yes

@XenesisII.1540 said:

@ArchonWing.9480 said:

@XenesisII.1540 said:

I mean, well obviously the community that did the gvg will know if they want an s2.

But for the rest, it a'int an esport or anything. Simply a community event, and sure, anyone can gvg anytime they want, but when you add in stuff like prizes, it provides incentive over generic scrimming, and wvw provides absolutely 0

And "randos", in the greater gw2 community might actually care about this kind of thing-- the wvw community and gvg community are not necessarily one and the same, and at the very least the 1st season still attracted activity on the forums. Now, sure, gaming forums on an aging game aren't the best place to ask since they're often filled with has beens and never was's that just want to ruin the mood, but then again if people are waiting for their ideal scenario, then nothing will get done.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:
    Not sure if the first one was an actual ‘season’ vs a tournament.

But an actual ‘season’ of 12-16 groups with each one having, let’s say 8 matchups, with the highest standing 4-6 guilds facing off in a tournament.

That's not what I mean about season/tournament. Wvw day to day is like a season for a sport. You play other guilds whenever you want to set it up, easier now with eotm arena, this is the time period to practice, learn, get better.

The tournament should be for like the top 16 teams that show they are serious to do this, not some last minute scrapped together team. Unless of course you just want to open it to everyone and do a bunch of bye rounds for the top teams and increase tournament time, that's up to the host, but I'm not sure it would be productive trying to line up schedules for guilds for weeks before, only to see a match where one gets one pushed for 5 rounds. I'm thinking about the quality of content here.

@ArchonWing.9480 said:
    And "randos", in the greater gw2 community might actually care about this kind of thing

The randos in the forums are a very small portion of the wvw population, especially these days.

the wvw community and gvg community are not necessarily one and the same

This. Which is why he probably should just be asking the gvg community if they want to do it, run it if the support is there and promote it in game and in the forums. Look at the vote count now, 21 yes, 7 no, 18 waste of time which is also a no, so is it going to be canceled because of randos? when 150+ gvg players are the important ones for this?

Regular twitch wvw numbers are very laughable low as it is for this game, the majority of people that will show support are the guilds themselves and their friends. Regular/casual wvw'ers probably won't care much about guilds involved, especially the ones that have burned servers by moving around.

• Yes

This. Which is why he probably should just be asking the gvg community if they want to do it

Yea, I'd imagine would be asking in the discord as well as this; just not everyone uses it. Though there are probably people that just read the forums, not everyone posts. Maybe reddit? It's just hard any way to slice it.

Regular twitch wvw numbers are very laughable low as it is for this game

Naturally. This game while fun to play at times is just a terrible spectator game especially in bigger combat scenarios where you can't see anything. It doesn't help that it's usually about securing the first down. But hey, can't do anything about that, since anet makes the game.

• Yes

Yes, but only for the lulz.

REDUCE NA TO 3 TIERS

• Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 12, 2018
    Waste of time

@sostronk.8167 said:
    Dead gaem.

ded gaem

The horror...…….the horror...…….the horror...…….

• No

If No and Waste of Time mean the same thing, which I'm assuming they do then currently we have

No+Waste of Time: 8 + 25 = 33
    Yes: 27

The community has spoken.

• Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Waste of time

Class balancing is way too messed up now its going to be nothing but 3 class hamming on each other.

• Drinks.2361Drinks.2361 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 21, 2018
    Waste of time

you know more than a GvG tournament if we could get some help from Anet & have an NA vs EU weekend event, I wonder if enough NA guilds could form up early for some fresh competition

• Yes, but not at this time, the game mode is not "stable/balance" what ever you want to call it. so theres no vote from me since the choice is not in there.

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 21, 2018
    Waste of time

@Honest John.4673 said:
    If No and Waste of Time mean the same thing, which I'm assuming they do then currently we have

No+Waste of Time: 8 + 25 = 33
    Yes: 27

The community has spoken.

No and waste of time isnt the same thing.

We will get "tournaments" once again. Not just a season, all year round. Thats what alliances effectivly become if worlds are reschuffled every 2 months so we begin a new fight to the top.

Saying "yes" is redundant, saying "no" is pointless and saying "its a waste of time" is the correct response regardless of what one seek in WvW.

• Rampage.7145Rampage.7145 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 24, 2018
    Waste of time

I will GvG if we talking about $$$ for the champions, lets go find some sponsors boi

VR Driver
    Salty beavers top guild 2 years in a row back to back, the double champs
    https://saltybeavers.com/

• Junkpile.7439Junkpile.7439 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 24, 2018
    No

We want 2 hour hotjoin matches without guilds that ruin all fights.

Low quality trolling since launch
    Seafarer's Rest EotM Hero

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.