Am I missing something, or is theDeadeye's asended weapon (Cursed Flintlock) complete garbage?

Moonchilde.6142

I just completed this achievement today, and when I set aside my 'crappy' exotic rifle and equip the Cursed Flintlock, I lose 171 power, 18.5% crit chance, and 13 crit damage. Now, my exotic was not even Berserker stats, it was Assassins, so I'd be losing even more power if it were Zerker.

I'm kinda speechless, I mean I can recomp 8 points of precision with infusions, but that won't translate to any significant recovery of crit, and I don't even want to think about how low the power recovery would be for mighty infusions.

Unless I'm missing some huge secret, then there is literally zero point in working for these things, because the only part of them that is ascende is the color of the text. Exotics are far superior in every way. Base damage for ascendeds is in a slightly higher range, but the actual hit to your stats (and therefore overall output) in a game where DamageIsKing is crippling.

Can someone correct me here, or is this just a big jest that I've not realized was a jest all this time?

Some math:Damage done = (Weapon strength) * Power / (target's Armor)Taking the average damage from the given base damage ranges, and the power as it is with either weapon equipped, the gross value that is to be divided by the target's armor is:Exotic (Assasin stats): 2,628,104.5Ascended (with 2 might infusions): 2,571,400

So against a creature or player with say, 2100 armor(toughness) the damage dealt would be:Exotic: 1,251Ascended: 1,224

If you were used to berzerker stats on your rifle, the difference would be even more apparent than this, since there would be an additional 68 power to factor in. And of course, the loss of crit chance, which would be 20% less crits. Hope you didn't invest in ferocity, or it would be wasted. But.. you probably did.

@Moonchilde.6142 said:I just completed this achievement today, and when I set aside my 'crappy' exotic rifle and equip the Cursed Flintlock, I lose 171 power, 18.5% crit chance, and 13 crit damage. Now, my exotic was not even Berserker stats, it was Assassins, so I'd be losing even more power if it were Zerker.

I'm kinda speechless, I mean I can recomp 8 points of precision with infusions, but that won't translate to any significant recovery of crit, and I don't even want to think about how low the power recovery would be for mighty infusions.

Unless I'm missing some huge secret, then there is literally zero point in working for these things, because the only part of them that is ascende is the color of the text. Exotics are far superior in every way. Base damage for ascendeds is in a slightly higher range, but the actual hit to your stats (and therefore overall output) in a game where DamageIsKing is crippling.

Can someone correct me here, or is this just a big jest that I've not realized was a jest all this time?

That's because you didn't select the stats on it. Cursed flintlock allow you to choose 3 different stats, zerker, valk or assassin. Check the weapon again and see it actually has 0 stats. Right click on it to select the prefix you want.

@Warscythes.9307 said:That's because you didn't select the stats on it. Cursed flintlock allow you to choose 3 different stats, zerker, valk or assassin. Check the weapon again and see it actually has 0 stats. Right click on it to select the prefix you want.

Omg thank you. Laughing with relief, and at myself. I completely didn't see that.

Archived