Objective Defender - random?

Snowpea.5469

Repairing a wall or gate usually works for the game to count your participation (not sur eif it is a certain amount of supply spent. With maxed out mastery one "pulse" is enough for me). Killing an enemy directly in a contested circle of a keep, tower or camp work too.Killing an enemy outside a circle in a camp is a random chance for participation (in my experience), taking damage and dealing damage (even to a foe that is killed outside the "dynamic event radius" does not work at all. Rezzing a Lord or Supervisor does not count as well (in my experience).

Not random, just tweaked to the point of brokenness due in large part to complaints over the years about:

Defender advantages

Blobbers categorizing themselves as havocs unable to make a move because of 1 guy on an ac

Pip farming repairers

The pip repairers still get theirs, the blobs still get theirs, the only people that don't most times are actual defenders.

Destroying partially built seige, firing stationary seige at fully built counter seige, building a treb to treb their treb(s), chasing someone off, placing traps, pulling a tactivator when needed, dying to a group as they come pouring through...none of it realiably counts as defense unless you stopped to throw 5 supply on a falling wall before you died, then and only then did you actually defend.

Archived