Andy.5981

@"Silinsar.6298" said:

• Stealth well in SMC
  • Reflecting projectiles that grant stealth
  • Runes? (not anymore afaik)
  • Leaping through a NPC's smoke field
  • Norn elite transform
  • A stealthed thief stealthing the war

This was in Parched Outpost in Red Borderland last night, so no Stealth well. No NPC nearby that could help him since he was now in enemy territory, Player was Human, No other characters from his side nearby or we don't think so since he WP'd after death rather than waiting for a stealth rez.

Basically three players, one Revenant (not sure of spec), Thief (again not sure of spec) and myself playing Soulbeast Ranger (merged at the time with Smokescale) had just taken Parched. When we exited Lords room there was a Warrior on the walls. We were expecting him to simply jump off to safety but nope, he stands his ground, so game on off we go.

During the fight he appeared to disappear for about 2 seconds. He was a good player to be honest and had PvP wings, so clearly was quite skilled, however he did eventually die. Couldn't really tell you what spec he was playing as I wasn't really paying that much attention.

At the end of the fight, Revenant asked just before I did "Did that warrior disappear during the fight?" Turns out all three of us had seen it.

I must admit two or three weeks previously I had also seen a Warrior again disappearing from view and then reappearing and again was with other players who saw the same thing. So how is it done? Legitimate? Bug? or ?

@Andy.5981 said:

@"Silinsar.6298" said:
  • Stealth well in SMC
  • Norn elite transform

This was in Parched Outpost in Red Borderland last night, so no Stealth well. No NPC nearby that could help him since he was now in enemy territory, Player was Human, No other characters from his side nearby or we don't think so since he WP'd after death rather than waiting for a stealth rez.

Basically three players, one Revenant (not sure of spec), Thief (again not sure of spec) and myself playing Soulbeast Ranger (merged at the time with Smokescale) had just taken Parched. When we exited Lords room there was a Warrior on the walls. We were expecting him to simply jump off to safety but nope, he stands his ground, so game on off we go.

During the fight he appeared to disappear for about 2 seconds. He was a good player to be honest and had PvP wings, so clearly was quite skilled, however he did eventually die. Couldn't really tell you what spec he was playing as I wasn't really paying that much attention.

At the end of the fight, Revenant asked just before I did "Did that warrior disappear during the fight?" Turns out all three of us had seen it.

I must admit two or three weeks previously I had also seen a Warrior again disappearing from view and then reappearing and again was with other players who saw the same thing. So how is it done? Legitimate? Bug? or ?

Your Longbow 3 was probably reflected.

@borgs.6103 said:

@"Silinsar.6298" said:
  • Stealth well in SMC
  • Norn elite transform

Did open with Longbow, but swapped to Greatsword quite quickly and I'm fairly certain that it occurred whilst on GS. Could he reflect Soulbeast F2 Skill? In any event which skill is he using to get the invis?

@Andy.5981 said:

@"Silinsar.6298" said:
  • Stealth well in SMC
  • Norn elite transform

Did open with Longbow, but swapped to Greatsword quite quickly and I'm fairly certain that it occurred whilst on GS. Could he reflect Soulbeast F2 Skill? In any event which skill is he using to get the invis?

With one trait every block (aegis, utility skills and weapon skills) becomes a reflect. Judging by your teamcomp, and seeing how warriors have no innate stealth access, makes it extremely likely ranger longbow stealth got reflected. Usually this is done by the warrior's shield 5, but can also be procked off of an aegis, sword 5, mace 2 and Shattering Blow. If you are certain there weren't others from your team there, like an engi, then it has to be the ranger stealth shot that got reflected as neither of the rest have skills which allow the warrior to do that.

Big possibility the warrior also ran this:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_Earth

So all it took was 1 hit then he got 4 sec of reflect, and rangers tend to attempt stealth before swapping to gs.

@rng.1024 said:

@"Silinsar.6298" said:
  • Stealth well in SMC
  • Norn elite transform

With one trait every block (aegis, utility skills and weapon skills) becomes a reflect. Judging by your teamcomp, and seeing how warriors have no innate stealth access, makes it extremely likely ranger longbow stealth got reflected. Usually this is done by the warrior's shield 5, but can also be procked off of an aegis, sword 5, mace 2 and Shattering Blow. If you are certain there weren't others from your team there, like an engi, then it has to be the ranger stealth shot that got reflected as neither of the rest have skills which allow the warrior to do that.

Big possibility the warrior also ran this:

So all it took was 1 hit then he got 4 sec of reflect, and rangers tend to attempt stealth before swapping to gs.

Thanks for the explaination, it makes a lot of sense now. I tend not to report anyone for this reason, very often stuff happens without people really understanding what has happened..... now onto the next issue....

Archived