could you one trick raids as a guardian?

Lucas.3718

@"Lucas.3718" said:If you get that dps spot in raids and you are able from equipment and knowledge to play guard (both elite specs inkl.) would it be possible or are there encounter where any type of guardia would be just acinide ?asking out of curiousity :)

Sorry, but I don't understand what your question is. Google does not find a translation for the word "acinide", and even if it means what I think it does, I still don't get it.

@Lucas.3718 said:sigh i mean can you do raids on guard alone, if you have the gear and skill needed , or is there a boss encounter where any type of guardian is bad . simple as that

The latter, Largos, Desmina, Matthias, etc.Generally speaking guard is usually not wanted in every encounter who favors condi dps since guard has no good condi dps now and its only viable build is power dragonhunter (it used to have a condi firebrand build but it's shit now).

@Susy.7529 said:

sigh
i mean can you do raids on guard alone, if you have the gear and skill needed , or is there a boss encounter where any type of guardian is bad . simple as that

The latter, Largos, Desmina, Matthias, etc.Generally speaking guard is usually not wanted in every encounter who favors condi dps since guard has no good condi dps now and its only viable build is power dragonhunter (it used to have a condi firebrand build but it's kitten now).

Also Guardian isn't the best for fights where the Boss moves like Slothasor because a large part of your damage comes from static things such as traps and symbols.

@Lucas.3718 said:sigh i mean can you do raids on guard alone, if you have the gear and skill needed , or is there a boss encounter where any type of guardian is bad . simple as that

Assuming you actually know your class well, and play it well, yes. NP, you might not be top dps on all bosses, but you will never drag your team down by playing guard if you play well.

There are bosses where guard generally are used less and do worse then other classes. Mainly Largos, Desmina and mathias. However, on all 3 you can do really good dps on guard and more then enough to do your part. The reaso nits used less is that there are other classes that do those fights easyer and can get higher numbers with alot less work (mirage on all 3 fights btw).

@Yannir.4132 said:Also Guardian isn't the best for fights where the Boss moves like Slothasor because a large part of your damage comes from static things such as traps and symbols.

Sloth move very little and guard is actually one of the best classes for that fight, since guard burst is very high and downtimes in the fight mean that you dont lose alot of damage inbetween your bursts. There are actually very few fights where the target move, mathias is the only one that come to mind and even here he dont move alot if your group know what they re doing and FB do good damage to him.

@Sigfodr.9576 said:Sloth move very little and guard is actually one of the best classes for that fight, since guard burst is very high and downtimes in the fight mean that you dont lose alot of damage inbetween your bursts. There are actually very few fights where the target move, mathias is the only one that come to mind and even here he dont move alot if your group know what they re doing and FB do good damage to him.

Errr, bad example I guess. The point stands though.

If you can do your rotation well, and know when to swap between DH and FB then you can get away with just playing Guard. I've never found that I've got bad DPS as guard tho there are generally better classes. Guard I find is a safer DPS to play, there's a lot you can do to bring yourself up if you make a mistake or two.

Even on Largos I've done pretty well as FB, not as good as a Mirage, tho I don't think there are any classes the come close to Mirage. Its just a matter of being Smart with your Purging Flames and trying to make sure that they'll spend most of the time inside the ring for the burning and keeping your mantra on 1 charge as often as you can.

Haven't played DH in a while, but IIRC its still the same Drop Trap, Symbol , GS4 , Swap to Sceptr rotation and is pretty good on most bosses that favour Power.

Archived