Salty Beavers' Top Guilds of 2018!

Ni In.6578

It's that time of year again where we rank the best (?) North American guilds of 2018! [VII], the champs of the Wood League, have yet again hand crafted the finest list of the finest guilds (by whichever metric you deem appropriate) for the 2018 calendar year.

Did your guild make it? If you're in [VR], you're in luck. Otherwise, go take a look at the [VII] Desert Spectre's top guilds of 2018!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@shiri.4257 said:

@Shagaliscious.6281 said:Not to be mean, because I did enjoy running with [PB], but why are they on there?

Because it's a measure of WvW Power Rankings. The absence or addition of their guild makes a difference in a match up.

See? Now you kind of lost me.. vR being the ‘don't Ask me to PPT guild’ is on this list, which, as far as fights, definately is in the top 5. But the difference in a matchup?

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Shagaliscious.6281 said:Not to be mean, because I did enjoy running with [PB], but why are they on there?

Because it's a measure of WvW Power Rankings. The absence or addition of their guild makes a difference in a match up.

See? Now you kind of lost me.. vR being the ‘don't Ask me to PPT guild’ is on this list, which, as far as fights, definately is in the top 5. But the difference in a matchup?

You're lost because you are looking at WvW under a microscope of just fights. Mag without VR currently puts our link in a struggle out of t4. Mag with VR, puts us competitively in T2. FA with or without KeK is still t1/t2. NSP without Fabian, is papyrus league.

@shiri.4257 said:

You're lost because you are looking at WvW under a microscope of just fights. Mag without VR currently puts our link in a struggle out of t4. Mag with VR, puts us competitively in T2. FA with or without KeK is still t1/t2. NSP without Fabian, is papyrus league.

vR with all of the non vR people that followed them maybe.

Look, I am not questioning vR. Given the current status of guilds in 2018, vR is one if if not the best regarding fights. But PPT is anathema to them. That’s not in dispute.

To say they alone have carried Mag and its link to T2 is disingenuous at best, and intellectually dishonest at worst.

As Rampage pointed out, they are 35. That swings nothing.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

vR with all of the non vR people that followed them maybe.

Look, I am not questioning vR. Given the current status of guilds in 2018, vR is one if if not the best regarding fights. But PPT is anathema to them. That’s not in dispute.

To say they alone have carried Mag and its link to T2 is disingenuous at best, and intellectually dishonest at worst.

As Rampage pointed out, they are 35. That swings nothing.

You're overthinking what is essentially a shitpost.

@shiri.4257 said:You're lost because you are looking at WvW under a microscope of just fights. Mag without VR currently puts our link in a struggle out of t4. Mag with VR, puts us competitively in T2. FA with or without KeK is still t1/t2. NSP without Fabian, is papyrus league.

And the only real reason KEK is on FA is due to DIE building up and staying to keep FA around T2 by having a competitive guild on the server. I wonder who is really the one looking under a microscope of just fights. Honestly don't know why KEK is on that list if your measure for the list is based on how well a guild's presence influences which tier a server is in. KEK was around on FA for most of 2018? Nah - look at when they moved off Mag. BTW I'll never forget 5v15-ing PB at redbl southeast camp and wiping them...

@LetoII.3782 said:

@"Strider Pj.2193" said:

AgreedBy the criteria given CTH should not only be on the list, but placed significantly higher than VR.

True. CTH did a lot of both the fights and PPT necessary to achieve that. I'll repeat: "I wonder who is really the one looking under a microscope of just fights." Perhaps he means which guild most successfully tied his own up with fights that they didn't leave to go defend whatever the PPT guilds were hitting.

@LetoII.3782 said:

AgreedBy the criteria given CTH should not only be on the list, but placed significantly higher than VR.

I am sorry but if you think CTH influences on mag is anywhere close as strong as ours is you are just retarded LOL. But then again you were in HUNT all u do ever is to sit around SMC doing nothing all day long leeching kills of a blob so what could you know. I mean CTH will do good vs non defended non upgraded stuff which is good and necessary and valuable for a server to have havok like that, but we will engage any blob in the game and win or give hell of a fight at least and take t3 shit heavily defended stuff like not many guilds would bother doing so, not to mention our playtime is a lot higher than any other guild around puts on a dead game like GW2, so if you think CTH can carry a server the way we do, you are just dumb LOL.

@Chaba.5410 said:

@shiri.4257 said:You're lost because you are looking at WvW under a microscope of just fights. Mag without VR currently puts our link in a struggle out of t4. Mag with VR, puts us competitively in T2. FA with or without KeK is still t1/t2. NSP without Fabian, is papyrus league.

And the only real reason KEK is on FA is due to DIE building up and staying to keep FA around T2 by having a competitive guild on the server. I wonder who is really the one looking under a microscope of just fights. Honestly don't know why KEK is on that list if your measure for the list is based on how well a guild's presence influences which tier a server is in. KEK was around on FA for most of 2018? Nah - look at when they moved off Mag. BTW I'll never forget 5v15-ing PB at redbl southeast camp and wiping them...

Furries are biased. their opinions are irrelevant.

There were some votes for FA's [Crew?] that keeps them afloat and also the legendary Tryron. the Commander in Chief of all JAJA's but I heard he's retired. Believe they were mentioned as the FA carries.

@Rampage.7145 said:

I am sorry but if you think CTH influences on mag is anywhere close as strong as ours is you are just kitten LOL. But then again you were in HUNT all u do ever is to sit around SMC doing nothing all day long leeching kills of a blob so what could you know. I mean CTH will do good vs non defended non upgraded stuff which is good and necessary and valuable for a server to have havok like that, but we will engage any blob in the game and win or give hell of a fight at least and take t3 kitten heavily defended stuff like not many guilds would bother doing so, not to mention our playtime is a lot higher than any other guild around puts on a dead game like GW2, so if you think CTH can carry a server the way we do, you are just dumb LOL.

I'm sorry but if you think VR rolling around in the afternoon pugstomping has a huge impact on placement you are just kitten LOL. But then again you're always down in the wood leagues where it's ok to skip the politics game, pretending you're too cool to you know... actually be on a successful server fighting other successful groups. CTH will paper the whole match FOR HOURS and completely recast the matchup every morning, oh you flipped a keep? Well, they won't have that reupgraded an hour after you log off! I mean, you don't even seem to be aware of what the other time zones are like or why you'll always be relegated to the also-played servers. But if you think VR can carry a server, you were dumb to move back from sor cuz that one definitely needed carrying lol.

Archived