Salty Beavers' Top Guilds of 2018! - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Salty Beavers' Top Guilds of 2018!

Comments

• shiri.4257shiri.4257 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 13, 2018

@Chaba.5410 said:

@shiri.4257 said:
    Furries are biased. their opinions are irrelevant.

So we are to take it that "Salty Beavers" opinions are irrelevant, certainly when put up against the opinion, however biased, of a long-time DIE member.

On the contrary, Salty beavers opinions are more relevant due to our complex algorithm that such lowly furries would never comprehend.

asuramasterrace

Spectre [VII] - Wood League Champion. Making "fight guilds" stack on higher tiers since 2013.
    Wood League News Network [WLNN]- www.twitch.tv/shirirx

• Chaba.5410Chaba.5410 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 13, 2018

@shiri.4257 said:

@Chaba.5410 said:

@shiri.4257 said:

So we are to take it that "Salty Beavers" opinions are irrelevant, certainly when put up against the opinion, however biased, of a long-time DIE member.

On the contrary, Salty beavers opinions are more relevant due to our complex algorithm that such lowly furries would never comprehend.

asuramasterrace

Who do you think you are insulting? Having friends doesn't make one a furry. (Ironically half of them are in the asura guild...)

Your algorithm is kitten, BTW. It confuses "fights" with "carry a server".

@Chaba.5410 said:

@shiri.4257 said:

@Chaba.5410 said:

@shiri.4257 said:

asuramasterrace

Who do you think you are insulting? Having friends doesn't make one a furry. (Ironically half of them are in the asura guild...)

The power rankings are for WvW guilds not just fights in particular. The algorithm already mitigates false pretenses. so it's working better than expected.

Spectre [VII] - Wood League Champion. Making "fight guilds" stack on higher tiers since 2013.

@shiri.4257 said:

@Chaba.5410 said:

@shiri.4257 said:

@Chaba.5410 said:

@shiri.4257 said:

asuramasterrace

The power rankings are for WvW guilds not just fights in particular. The algorithm already mitigates false pretenses. so it's working better than expected.

Like finally discovering Tyrion retired years ago? Congratulations.

@Chaba.5410 said:

@shiri.4257 said:

@Chaba.5410 said:

@shiri.4257 said:

@Chaba.5410 said:

@shiri.4257 said:

asuramasterrace

Like finally discovering Tyrion retired years ago? Congratulations.

I heard legends never die though. so their spirit lives on in the algorithm with a certain weight.

• @Chaba.5410 said:

@shiri.4257 said:
    You're lost because you are looking at WvW under a microscope of just fights. Mag without VR currently puts our link in a struggle out of t4. Mag with VR, puts us competitively in T2. FA with or without KeK is still t1/t2. NSP without Fabian, is papyrus league.

And the only real reason KEK is on FA is due to DIE building up and staying to keep FA around T2 by having a competitive guild on the server. I wonder who is really the one looking under a microscope of just fights. Honestly don't know why KEK is on that list if your measure for the list is based on how well a guild's presence influences which tier a server is in. KEK was around on FA for most of 2018? Nah - look at when they moved off Mag. BTW I'll never forget 5v15-ing PB at redbl southeast camp and wiping them...

chaba i watch your stream and you shouldn't be chest thumping about beating PB cause you're on that level when it comes to gameplay.

Ferguson's Crossing Server Leader

WVW LEADER

VR

edited December 13, 2018

@hunkamania.7561 said:

@Chaba.5410 said:

@shiri.4257 said:
    You're lost because you are looking at WvW under a microscope of just fights. Mag without VR currently puts our link in a struggle out of t4. Mag with VR, puts us competitively in T2. FA with or without KeK is still t1/t2. NSP without Fabian, is papyrus league.

And the only real reason KEK is on FA is due to DIE building up and staying to keep FA around T2 by having a competitive guild on the server. I wonder who is really the one looking under a microscope of just fights. Honestly don't know why KEK is on that list if your measure for the list is based on how well a guild's presence influences which tier a server is in. KEK was around on FA for most of 2018? Nah - look at when they moved off Mag. BTW I'll never forget 5v15-ing PB at redbl southeast camp and wiping them...

chaba i watch your stream and you shouldn't be chest thumping about beating PB cause you're on that level when it comes to gameplay.

Sorry, dear, the PB fight wasn't streamed, not that you watch much anyway. How did you do against PB with 5 players not in party nor voice comms?

@Chaba.5410 said:

@hunkamania.7561 said:

@Chaba.5410 said:

@shiri.4257 said:

Sorry, dear, the PB fight wasn't streamed, not that you watch much anyway. How did you do against PB with 5 players not in party nor voice comms?

If it was streamed, the algorithm would've taken it into account. too bad.

• @shiri.4257 said:
    For reals, let's go down the list and talk about the #2 guild. Tempest Wolves [TW]. Long standing, multiple commanders, and a colorful history of rousing speeches. Every where they go, they push X server to new heights.

I remember when they transferred to NSP shortly after the addition of the PIP reward tracks, and guess what? NSP never climbed out of constant tier3-4 status with them there, so I can't agree with your statement, since I witnessed first hand that this is simply not true.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Shagaliscious.6281 said:

@shiri.4257 said:
    For reals, let's go down the list and talk about the #2 guild. Tempest Wolves [TW]. Long standing, multiple commanders, and a colorful history of rousing speeches. Every where they go, they push X server to new heights.

I remember when they transferred to NSP shortly after the addition of the PIP reward tracks, and guess what? NSP never climbed out of constant tier3-4 status with them there, so I can't agree with your statement, since I witnessed first hand that this is simply not true.

First hand factual accounts are not welcome here.

Anecdotal and word of mouth only.

Of course not. First hand accounts are rarely factual. usually a mix of emotion and bias. Surely these first hand accounts wouldn't be voting for the guilds on their own servers or friends and acquaintances would they? Surely, the opinions of these said individuals carry certain weight because of #friends, #puglife.

Ah, NSP never climbed out of T3/4 with TW. Then you'd have to ask, was it TW's fault or NSP's fault? Surely, with the rich history of TW they've anchored many servers before. They were able to carry CD out of wood league as the sole early NA/NA est guild to t2 and almost sniffed T1. Currently, they are anchoring the Hopes and Dreams alliance in T1. They are the arch rivals for all maguumans including [VR]. If you were to teamchat "Dod's is tagged up," you'd have an instant map queue on Maguuma. Surely we can agree, that TW has a greater impact in WvW than all the NSP guilds combined.

• TW big IQ political guild. AMIRITE?

• hunkamania.7561hunkamania.7561 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 16, 2018

@Chaba.5410 said:

@hunkamania.7561 said:

@Chaba.5410 said:

@shiri.4257 said:

wow, like any decent players can do that with the right comp. You prob got carried by the 4 players with u. They could have subbed you out, put you in pb on nsp and u would have got the same result

Ferguson's Crossing Server Leader

WVW LEADER

VR

• Gemnaid.4219Gemnaid.4219 Member ✭✭✭

All these guilds are wack.

• congrats I guess? or maybe I should act like I know these guilds so I don't embarrass myself.

• You'd swear from the forums NA were the good servers.

Alliances were announced on the 2nd of February 2018

• LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭

@duillyn.2697 said:
    You'd swear from the forums NA were the good servers.

They are

[HUNT] the predatory instinct

@duillyn.2697 said:
    You'd swear from the forums NA were the good servers.

why would you think other wise?

• Ni In.6578Ni In.6578 Member ✭✭✭

I understand there is a bit of controversy regarding TW being on the list. I want to provide video proof that TW does indeed trump KeK.

[VII] Spectre Legacy - Declared Best NA Guild by Grimaldi
    Crystal Desert Consul Member and President of Scrubs; declared most toxic server NA by Z E Y
    [VII] wants fights! Please bring your pug rangers for UD progress.

• Warlord.9074Warlord.9074 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 22, 2018

@Chaba.5410 said:

@shiri.4257 said:

If kek isn't on a top 10 list than the list cannot be taken seriously. Regardless of how it is calculated.

PS I have no idea what Neven is even arguing about, since besides VR the only other people I can remember putting in a lot of work back in the day was snoopy and crew and that died shortly after HoT. I don't remember any other pugmander that was putting in the hours bloodie was then.

Regardless of how much or how little guilds like DOC/CCCP/KRTA were doing, their Kill death ratio was so low that they had a negative net gain on the server, not going to lie we were all told by them that leaving mag would kill the server, and the exact opposite happen our scores went up because they were not feeding massive PPK anymore.

• Where the heck is [VOID]? Far more deserving than half the guilds on that list. Been linked with Mag twice recently and Packit's pugmanding drunkmanding bagfarm has to be the highlight of 2018. Good people, great laughs, and did I mention the bags?

• Trajan.4953Trajan.4953 Member ✭✭✭

@Warlord.9074 said:

@Chaba.5410 said:

@shiri.4257 said:

If kek isn't on a top 10 list than the list cannot be taken seriously. Regardless of how it is calculated.

PS I have no idea what Neven is even arguing about, since besides VR the only other people I can remember putting in a lot of work back in the day was snoopy and crew and that died shortly after HoT. I don't remember any other pugmander that was putting in the hours bloodie was then.

Regardless of how much or how little guilds like DOC/CCCP/KRTA were doing, their Kill death ratio was so low that they had a negative net gain on the server, not going to lie we were all told by them that leaving mag would kill the server, and the exact opposite happen our scores went up because they were not feeding massive PPK anymore.

Dat 2016 salt is real.

• There is a lot of guilds in this guild that I completely respect..... there is a lot that really horrible to be even ranked on this list. Not because a guild has numbers means it is a top guild.
    I agree with VR being a top guild, however.

I will make another website and claim the top 10 guilds... come on now!

• PrinceKhaled.5104PrinceKhaled.5104 Member ✭✭
    edited December 23, 2018

Please dont judge with quantity man. Some of those guilds bring the map queue with them. Here is a true and real list for you:

1- VR
    5-KEK
    10- PAL/ PMA/BOO/TBT(the old one)/KiS/Maybe couple more.

Sorry man, but some guilds on the list provided is waaaaaaaaay out of order, like you seriously gotta be kidding. Put a real vote bro not a biased one.

• what kind of top 10 is this ? did u join every guild to come out this list??

@shiri.4257 said:

@Ronnie Hu.1694 said:
    what kind of top 10 is this ? did u join every guild to come out this list??

Why would we need to join these guilds to come to these conclusions? These guilds are a representation of those we have fought. That are recognized for their wvw prowess to swing match ups.

Put it out to a public vote? Please, wvwers are just attention kitten, entitled, and incompetent plebs that couldn’t even figure out which way to turn a door knob to get out of their moms basement and discover that 300 lb chick in the guild was actually a dude that catfished them for a gem card.

Hehehe.

• Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

@shiri.4257 said:

@Ronnie Hu.1694 said:

Why would we need to join these guilds to come to these conclusions? These guilds are a representation of those we have fought. That are recognized for their wvw prowess to swing match ups.

Put it out to a public vote? Please, wvwers are just attention kitten, entitled, and incompetent plebs that couldn’t even figure out which way to turn a door knob to get out of their moms basement and discover that 300 lb chick in the guild was actually a dude that catfished them for a gem card.

Irony?

• Chorazin.4107Chorazin.4107 Member ✭✭✭

Would be good to see this list over the years.

[lion] - [tRex] - [nâh/UwU/yep]

• Limodriver.4106Limodriver.4106 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 1, 2019

@Ronnie Hu.1694 said:

no he fought them and saw how they ran over his dead body

edited January 1, 2019

I enjoy these kinds of posts. This late in the game even the semblance of rivalry and competition is good nostalgia.

One day another game may come along that has all the potential this game once had for RvR, and with a bit of luck, that developer will treat it with the attention it deserves.

Nothing on the horizon though.

edited January 2, 2019

@Chorazin.4107 said:

We have for 2017. Trex sniping skills holds a place in our hearts. Ranked them #3 as a force multiplier for 2017.

Correct Limodriver, the algorithm takes into account how many times we get run over. We tried to add in the "reach around calculations" that gvg guilds use. It kept giving us a 404 error.

• Spartacus.3192Spartacus.3192 Member ✭✭✭

@shiri.4257 said:

@Ronnie Hu.1694 said:

Did you just insult all WvW'ers which includes yourself or did i read that wrong?

@Spartacus.3192 said:

@shiri.4257 said:

@Ronnie Hu.1694 said:

Did you just insult all WvW'ers which includes yourself or did i read that wrong?

Don't all MMORPG players harbor a core of self loathing?

• ArchonWing.9480ArchonWing.9480 Member ✭✭✭✭

I also have troubles with 1v1'ing door knobs.

@Spartacus.3192 said:

@shiri.4257 said:

@Ronnie Hu.1694 said:

I turned the door knob for 2019 and my guild still exists. The 300 lb catfish man hasn't disbanded my guild yet. How about yours?

• juno.1840juno.1840 Member ✭✭✭

Since the algorithm isn't public it's not clear what determines "best". I can rule out "community building" because a few of those guilds are toxic.

What are the top community guilds? Who are the best community organizers?

• The magic is in the name of the Salty Beaver. May they lead us to glory forever and ever.

Community organizers would be good. Folks that have influenced the rivalry and triggered so many deserve a separate list. Considering that gives many people a reason to log in. It sure as hell isnt due to the reward system.

Guild leader for Goats of Thunder. No pants allowed.

• Chorazin.4107Chorazin.4107 Member ✭✭✭

@shiri.4257 said:

@Chorazin.4107 said:

We have for 2017. Trex sniping skills holds a place in our hearts. Ranked them #3 as a force multiplier for 2017.

Correct Limodriver, the algorithm takes into account how many times we get run over. We tried to add in the "reach around calculations" that gvg guilds use. It kept giving us a 404 error.

Was just curious of the big guilds that have risen and then quit. Or the powerhouses from earlier in the games life. Like what did the list look like in 2016?

Is KOTA still around? Majestic.

[lion] - [tRex] - [nâh/UwU/yep]

• Was just curious of the big guilds that have risen and then quit. Or the powerhouses from earlier in the games life. Like what did the list look like in 2016?

most ppl left just like every mmo u need to keep updating ur game or ppl will leave for new games.

• this is the single most accurate representation of gw2 guild competition ive ever seen! perfect scores hope to see 2019s list soon.

• Ni In.6578Ni In.6578 Member ✭✭✭

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Salty Beavers Algorithm Upgraded to Produce Top 20, Includes Dynasty Guilds

(February 17, 2019 - Eternal Battlegrounds, TYRIA) -- The Salty Beavers’ WvW algorithm has been upgraded to produce a list of the top 20 WvW guilds. In addition to the extended WvW Power Rankings, a new “Dynasty Guild” feature has been added. Dynasty Guilds are denoted in the rankings by a dolyak icon next to the guild name.

The complete list of guilds is now live at https://saltybeavers.com/

[VII] Spectre Legacy - Declared Best NA Guild by Grimaldi
    Crystal Desert Consul Member and President of Scrubs; declared most toxic server NA by Z E Y
    [VII] wants fights! Please bring your pug rangers for UD progress.

• Hitman.5829Hitman.5829 Member ✭✭✭✭

VR is #1? This just goes to show how bad the skill level has drop since GW2 was launched.
    If we could bring back true fighting guilds to WvW, VR would get reck to hard with just core warriors, core guardians and core necros!

Charr Warrior Master Race!
    Black Gate Beast Roamer chicken chaser!

• EremiteAngel.9765EremiteAngel.9765 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ni In.6578 said:
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

(February 17, 2019 - Eternal Battlegrounds, TYRIA) -- The Salty Beavers’ WvW algorithm has been upgraded to produce a list of the top 20 WvW guilds. In addition to the extended WvW Power Rankings, a new “Dynasty Guild” feature has been added. Dynasty Guilds are denoted in the rankings by a dolyak icon next to the guild name.

What does dynasty guild mean?

• Kovu.7560Kovu.7560 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 18, 2019

Awh. Not even a mention for CREW. I love farming bags with them at late hours -- on the off chance I log into the game after midnight.
    I guess "at late hours" is part of the problem, nobody knows what happens when the important continent is asleep.

~ Kovu

edit- Oh, I guess this list is a little old now.

Ranger main before it was viable.
    Fort Aspenwood.

@Kovu.7560 said:
    Not even a mention for CREW.

FA hasn't seen much of t4, where this impartial ranking takes place.

@Kovu.7560 said:
    Awh. Not even a mention for CREW. I love farming bags with them at late hours -- on the off chance I log into the game after midnight.
    I guess "at late hours" is part of the problem, nobody knows what happens when the important continent is asleep.

~ Kovu

edit- Oh, I guess this list is a little old now.

After tedious discussions, the Mama Chaba multiplier was added in for FA guilds. We are sorry for [Crew], they are good lads. But the Mama Chaba multiplier placed [DIE] as the sole reason for the mighty FA. Contrary to popular belief that it was the ghost of Tyryron and the hearty men of [Crew].

• TW @ no.2 and with a dynasty tag,must have something to do with their "flanking" ability

edited February 27, 2019

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

@Ni In.6578 said:
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

What does dynasty guild mean?

"Dynasty Guild" designations are a work in progress. Current criteria are listed below. They may be adjusted through time.
    1) Active for at least 6 months in the past year
    2) Can competitively generate 10k+ kills among its members in 1 matchup and capture t3 structures.
    3) Served on a single server for at least 1 year

We welcome the addition of http://wvw-community.com/ . This will save us more time with a bit more polishing and additional metrics. WxP, tower, camp, and middle fort caps would be worthwhile additions.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.