Deadeye Noob Question — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Deadeye Noob Question

Adenin.5973Adenin.5973 Member ✭✭✭
edited December 11, 2018 in Thief

Hey,

haven't played deadeye before, now really enjoying it. Just one complete noob question. Sometimes like once in an hour and I don't know when or why this happens, my malice point indicators at the skill bar start all constantly glowing (look at the picture below).

I also had this happen to me, where all of them would constantly glow blueish, no matter what.

I can't see now how much malice I really got, since they don't stop glowing. Even relogging, respec, going in and out of combat, or closing the game doesn't work. It just takes some time and then after a while, with getting into combat again it resets, then sometimes this stays for many minutes like this.

The picture below was taken like 5 minutes since the last combat happened

So I assume this is some sort of class mechanic I am completely missing? What's up with that?

Dying and respawning resets it.

Comments

• Jack Redline.5379Jack Redline.5379 Member ✭✭✭✭

i see what the problem is
    you armor is damaged
    according to OCD prescription 130/A you have to find nearby anvil and repair it
    but you have to do it ASAP or someone will get a heartattack

• TwiceDead.1963TwiceDead.1963 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 11, 2018

What? How Malice itself works or for how long Malice lasts?

Malice amplifies your Sneak Attacks.
    Hitting with a sneak-attack consumes all Malice and Amplifies some aspect of it depending on the amount of Malice consumed.
    For instance, Malicious Backstabs damage increases by a 10% increment per malice consumed. Meanwhile, swords malicious sneak-attack recovers endurance.

You can only accumulate Malice as long as you have a Mark active, and the Malice lasts for as long as Marks Duration, or until you consume it through sneak attacks.
    Once the Marks duration runs out- or your marked target dies- or you mark a different target, your Malice resets.

The color of your malice stacks can change depending on the environment. In Auric Basin at night time, it'll turn blue and you can really only tell how much Malice you have by the slight "flame" they exhibit. It's really hard to tell sometimes. A result of weird design decisions.

• MUDse.7623MUDse.7623 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 11, 2018

aside from the flames you can see with your m7 that its full when you get the boons/ini. the selection of color based on envoirement could use some serious improvement.

• Adenin.5973Adenin.5973 Member ✭✭✭

@TwiceDead.1963 said:
    What? How Malice itself works or for how long Malice lasts?

Malice amplifies your Sneak Attacks.
    Hitting with a sneak-attack consumes all Malice and Amplifies some aspect of it depending on the amount of Malice consumed.
    For instance, Malicious Backstabs damage increases by a 10% increment per malice consumed. Meanwhile, swords malicious sneak-attack recovers endurance.

You can only accumulate Malice as long as you have a Mark active, and the Malice lasts for as long as Marks Duration, or until you consume it through sneak attacks.
    Once the Marks duration runs out- or your marked target dies- or you mark a different target, your Malice resets.

The color of your malice stacks can change depending on the environment. In Auric Basin at night time, it'll turn blue and you can really only tell how much Malice you have by the slight "flame" they exhibit. It's really hard to tell sometimes. A result of weird design decisions.

Okay, then it seems that I experienced a bug, twice in a row.

• kash.9213kash.9213 Member ✭✭✭✭

happens to me on pve maps once in awhile but I'm always too busy or lazy to figure out why but I'm also pretty sure it's not full malice but I could be wrong. Wish I could help but I know what you're asking about.

Northern Shiverpeaks [EL]

• Adding to this, in the fractal about the dwarves city with Kay and Torin, the malice icons turn black, so the only real ways to notice if you have full stacks is:
    1) count how many times you used a rifle skill and/or spam rifle skills until you hear your character say something or that ping sound that sometimes is heard when reaching full malice dots.
    2) try to figure out how many dark flames you have.
    The latter is kinda harder, especially in darker places.

• Sir Vincent III.1286Sir Vincent III.1286 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 11, 2018

Your character glow like a Super Saiyan at full Malice.

Thief F1 must remain an instacast Steal skill. DE will simply apply DE Mark on target on Steal.
    Malice build-up independently from DE Mark. Mark only speed up the build-up, not be the pre-requisite.
    http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning...there was Tarnished Coast...

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.