DEVS: please rethink shattered aegis + power block nerf

Stand The Wall.6987

In addition to crowd-control trait reworks, this update also addresses traits that deal instant damage and how they affect the game. The large majority of these traits have had their base damage increased while removing their ability to critically hit in order to improve pacing and reduce time-to-kill in competitive game modes.

Shattered Aegis: The damage of this trait has been increased by 20% in PvE only. This trait can no longer critically hit.Power Block: The damage of this skill has been increased by 20% so that it now matches its tooltip. This trait can no longer critically hit foes.

theyre not instant damage. power block sorta is but its different from what youre describing. shattered aegis requires the target to hit you, and power block requires an interrupt/ no stability. currently power block is NOT meta or even that strong, and shattered aegis lol was never used really except in some niche/meme builds.

• 5 weeks later...

Why, oh why, was Shattered Aegis nerfed? It's damage is absolutely atrocious and it can't critically hit either now? Why even use the trait?

I can only speak from a WvW standpoint, but I don't think I've seen a single guardian use Shattered Aegis in the last few years. I've tried to make it work, I really have, hoping, praying even, that there is some powerful synergy we somehow haven't found. But it just sucks. It does abysmal base damage, can't critically hit, and has only a 1.0 coefficient in WvW? Come on guys.

If it's an issue in other game modes, just make game mode specific changes like you've been doing since Guild Wars 1.

Archived