Revenant changes 11th December

LucianDK.8615

Revenant

Since we removed the counter-taunt from Eye for an Eye, we felt it was a good time to adjust some of the more passive traits in the Retribution line, like Steadfast Rejuvenation and Dwarven Battle Training. We also noticed that heralds have been underperforming in some game modes since their rework, so we've bumped up the numbers on their F2 skills, and we've reduced the recharge time for a few of the consume skills in PvE.

Shackling Wave: The casting animation of this skill has been increased from just over 0.5 seconds to a little under 1 second to allow for better counterplay. Added a visual indicator to the skill's warm-up animation.Forced Engagement: This skill's taunt and slow durations have been increased from 2 seconds to 4 seconds in PvE only. It now causes the revenant to take 20% less damage from their taunted foes.Soothing Stone: This skill now removes conditions before it heals.Burst of Strength: The cooldown of this skill has been reduced from 15 seconds to 12 seconds in PvE only.Elemental Blast: The cooldown of this skill has been reduced from 15 seconds to 12 seconds in PvE only.Facet of Nature—Assassin: The power multiplier for this skill has been increased by 100%, and its base multiplier has been increased by 35%.Facet of Nature—Centaur: This skill's base healing per pulse has been increased from 272 to 471 at level 80, and its healing-power contribution has been increased by 363%.True Nature: The following changes have been made to this skill:    Legendary Assassin Stance: When removing boons, True Nature now delivers an attack that cannot be blocked, rather than an attack that is completely unavoidable.    Legendary Centaur Stance: True Nature now heals for each condition that is removed, up to a maximum of 970 health per condition at level 80.    Legendary Demon Stance: True Nature now transfers conditions to enemies and grants 5 stacks of might for 10 seconds for each condition that is transferred.Draconic Echo: Fixed a bug in which this trait could fail to activate under certain circumstances.Dwarven Battle Training: This trait now increases the revenant's damage to weakened foes by 10% and applies weakness for 5 seconds when the revenant disables a foe.Eye for an Eye: This trait now grants protection for 5 seconds when the revenant is affected by a control effect, and it grants 5 stacks of might for 10 seconds when they break a stun. The protection aspect of this trait has a cooldown of 35 seconds. The might aspect has no cooldown.Improved Aggression: This trait has been renamed Spiritual Reckoning. It now applies 3 seconds of retaliation when revenants use their elite skill and has a 10-second internal cooldown.Spontaneous Destruction: The damage of this trait has been increased by about 33%. It is no longer able to critically hit enemies.Steadfast Rejuvenation: This trait now regenerates health every second for each point of upkeep the revenant is maintaining.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Facet of Nature was improved in every legend except Glint, which was the legend that needed it. Hers is just underwhelming compared to the others, and it's even worse now.

Shiro F2's buff makes it a direct counter to shield in a mirror match, making shield even worse comparatively to sword. It's a pretty huge buff to this skill which makes it even more confusing why Glint F2 hasn't been improved.

No shield or axe buffs is SUPER disappointing.

Sword 4 nerf is solid but you will be able to bait dodges extremely easy by canceling it due to the obvious windup.

Retribution buffs look good.

No looks at the herald traitline sucks. Shining Aspects still sucks. Boon duration still sucks.

update: steadfast rejuvenation looks REALLY good

[bUG] Steadfast Rejuvenation - This trait alongside its new function also retains its former "heal when struck", but now with 0 ICD. @ 900 healing power this is 620 health/hit. Broken as hell.

The strongest change imo is Dwarven Battle Stance: +10% dmg to weakened foes. Disabling a foe (Any CC) applies weakness. (5s duration, no ICD) That's insane for my build at least.

It's painful to cast sword 4 now - but I guess the nerf is justified given how strong it is. Used to use other skills to bait dodges for sword 4, now I guess I'll start using sword 4 to bait dodges.

Buff to Shiro F2 is interesting - I'll definitely try that out, but I'm not sure it'll make up for sword 4 nerf since F2 upkeep is still -3 in PvP (and I hate changing my playstyle for basically the same build between PvP and WvW). I'm a bit sad that they didn't buff Glint F2 though, if they did it'd probably be worth keeping it on throughout legend swaps again.

From the perspective of a Power Herald - at a quick glance this looks like a nerf to damage with no real buff to sustain, boon duration, or build diversity.

A bit off topic but does anyone know Sigil of Agility gives 2s of quickness in PvP but only 1s in WvW? Thought the quickness could help with sword 4 but 1s of quickness is pretty insignificant - given the nerfs to boon duration recently.

Facet of Nature—Centaur: This skill's base healing per pulse has been increased from 272 to 471 at level 80, and its healing-power contribution has been increased by 363%.Legendary Centaur Stance: True Nature now heals for each condition that is removed, up to a maximum of 970 health per condition at level 80.This is a WoW for healing rev.

@Prophet.1584 said:with the mesmer changes and the fact that Revs can pump out alacrity along with a few other buffs, do you guys see Rev taking the second chrono or Druid healer slot in raids? Rev already could outheal a Druid in terms of raw heals.

No, because druid might upkeep is still 100% uptime regardless of the nerfs and even a nerfed chrono provides better quickness/alacrity upkeep while still providing well of precognition and a ton more CC for defiance bars on top of serving as the defacto raid tank thanks to the shield and blurred frenzy on top of distortion.

Druid still brings spotter+frost spirit+perma fury+ perma prot+spirit rez+group stability pulse elite all in one package while revenant just....heals and provides some side of alacrity.

Shackling wave nerf was overkill, 2.25 power multiplier on 1 second cast time is pretty weak compared to other skills of similar cast times, while still having a non trivial energy cost, and a significant 15 second cooldown. For reference

Quantum Strike: .75 sec cast, 1,248 (3.4)Weakening Charge: .5 sec cast 846 (2.1)Whirling Wrath: .75 sec cast. 1,274 (3.15)Grave Digger: 1.25 sec cast 1,210 (3.0)Final Thrust: .75 sec cast 1,100 (3.0)I could go on

Then there is shackling wave which is 1 sec cast 827 (2.25)

All these skills have significantly higher damage:cast time ratios now with similar or smaller cooldowns and no evergy cost other than the small 3 initiative on weakening charge. Only thing shackling wave has going for it is that the range is a bit longer than melee so it is in the same boat as precision strike(pvp) and unrelenting assault where spamming 1 does about the same amount of dps so only use the skills if you can't spam 1 safely.

Side note, there is approximately a 98% chance that rev will be once more dead last for pve power dps for this balance cycle as on top of the sword 4 nerf, chrono changes will make number of realistic boons to fuel https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Reinforced_Potency go down dramatically + necro got another 10% damage modifier, and doesn't care about how many boons it has which is relevant because it was the only class we were really close to. The reduced cds on burst of strength and elemental blast were interesting and I tried out a new rotation which was better than the old one but the sword 4 nerf just has a larger impact making for a net loss regardless. Maybe someone figures something else out, retribution now has 2 10% multipliers, but I don't think it is stronger than invocation's 2 7% modifiers and a 20% crit chance increase, but it will be close, except that maintaining retal with chrono nerf will be likely not feasible.

Comments like the following from ANet confuse me:"Shackling Wave: The casting animation of this skill has been increased from just over 0.5 seconds to a little under 1 second to allow for better counterplay. Added a visual indicator to the skill's warm-up animation."

I always find it curious what ANet decides needs to have counter play and they way it is prioritized. There is so much cheese that has little or no counter play due to stealth or range or whatever, this is one of things that needed counter play with a high priority over the cheese players cant predict?

@Ario.8964 said:Would be nice if they'd buff the weapons that need it rather than just assuming everyone wants to play OH sword all the time but okay anet...

Agreed, seriously, if you really want to start opening up diversity with all these weapon trait changes, give rev some actual choice on what they want to run in the offhand. It's been this way over a year now and I really still prefer my shield but these days... idk.

Archived