10 target support

Jski.6180

Ele has now 2 effects as a 10 target able hits but they are on massive cd and are next to no true effects. Overlodes in them self do not give off strong effects its the aura and what is tide to that aura that makes the overloads of real use. Why has anet comply forgot about aura support in a raid setting?

5 sec vigor is nothing for 10 ppl a 1k heal with the effects of an aura IS useful for ppl.

It just feels like another swing and a miss to what ele's want.

@Shagaliscious.6281 said:well, at least we didn't get nerfs like some other classes shrug

Incorrect. It's another nerf patch thanks to buffs that don't matter and this:

• Tempest Defense: This trait has been replaced by Stormsoul, and its functionality has changed. It now grants 10% increased damage against foes affected by control effects and increases the duration of outgoing stuns by 33%

Went from one of the best traits in competitive mode (for builds that run air trait line) to basically useless. Stun duration increases don't matter anywhere except in pve on AIs with defiance bar

and as an extra this:

• Ice Spike: This skill now strikes first before applying vulnerability.

I couldn't understand what that change meant at first but I think it means it deals less damage than before now because it won't get the vuln bonus before dealing damage. Apparently staff water ele was wrecking anet balance team (again, much like how lava font was wrecking them before) so they had to nerf it lol.

Anyways, it's pretty clear by now anet don't care about this subforum so it's best if people stop visiting this subforum too. My impression of what this subforum does is just for ele players to argue with a specific few people that likes to tell others they just need to play better for eles to be good (no shit, doesn't mean it's balanced when you put in extra effort to achieve what other classes can do with no effort)

@LazySummer.2568 said:

@Shagaliscious.6281 said:well, at least we didn't get nerfs like some other classes
shrug

• Tempest Defense: This trait has been replaced by Stormsoul, and its functionality has changed. It now grants 10% increased damage against foes affected by control effects and increases the duration of outgoing stuns by 33%

Went from one of the best traits in competitive mode (for builds that run air trait line) to basically useless. Stun duration increases don't matter anywhere except in pve on AIs with defiance bar

What? all that changed was its name and got given a daze increase, it's a buff either way regardless, Firebrand also got nerfed

@LazySummer.2568 said:

@Shagaliscious.6281 said:well, at least we didn't get nerfs like some other classes
shrug

Eh, I can live with that. It was a nice counter to thieves running daze on steal, but it's not like I ever won a fight because of it.

@Shagaliscious.6281 said:

shrug

Eh, I can live with that. It was a nice counter to thieves running daze on steal, but it's not like I ever won a fight because of it.

It's not just a "nice counter" to thieves, it's a huge counter to thieves when they can't immediately follow up with their burst after their initial surprise steal and also a big life saver, especially when you're fighting another person and now you have cc defense against both of them. It's also good against mesmers since they are generally close range attackers and their F3 daze triggers it too. Now there's no reason to ever want to run this trait anywhere except on pve mobs that has a stun phase (eg. KC in raids or fractal bosses) and you have to be running a build with air trait line and access to decent ccs (i.e. only sword weaver pve builds).

@LazySummer.2568 said:

shrug

It's not just a "nice counter" to thieves, it's a huge counter to thieves when they can't immediately follow up with their burst after their initial surprise steal and also a big life saver, especially when you're fighting another person and now you have cc defense against both of them. It's also good against mesmers since they are generally close range attackers and their F3 daze triggers it too. Now there's no reason to ever want to run this trait anywhere except on pve mobs that has a stun phase (eg. KC in raids or fractal bosses) and you have to be running a build with air trait line and access to decent ccs (i.e. only sword weaver pve builds).

If an auto-proc trait was the main reason you were beating thieves, and not on your skill, then I could see why you'd be upset.

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

shrug

What? all that changed was its name and got given a daze increase, it's a buff either way regardless, Firebrand also got nerfed

I don't see how you can call that buff whatsoever unless all you do is play sword weaver air ele in pve against mobs that have stun phases.

@Shagaliscious.6281 said:If an auto-proc trait was the main reason you were beating thieves, and not on your skill, then I could see why you'd be upset.

Where in the world did I say I was beating thieves because of that trait? I just said it's a big counter to them when you tried to downplay its effect because it stops their surprise element and saves your life more than you think it does, but k, seems like you're another one of those "git gud" people. Each to their own.

@LazySummer.2568 said:

shrug

I don't see how you can call that buff whatsoever unless all you do is play sword weaver air ele in pve against mobs that have stun phases.

@Shagaliscious.6281 said:If an auto-proc trait was the main reason you were beating thieves, and not on your skill, then I could see why you'd be upset.

Where in the world did I say I was beating thieves because of that trait? I just said it's a big counter to them when you tried to downplay its effect because it stops their surprise element and saves your life more than you think it does, but k, seems like you're another one of those "git gud" people. Each to their own.

Honestly the nerf to evasion runes have me more upset. I guess it's back to arcane/water/weaver now when fighting condi cancer.

@LazySummer.2568 said:

shrug

Like, nothing changed with the trait, it has had a effect added to it, that's a buff, you also have to take into account that Firebrand has gotten nerfed so they have to be a little more careful about stab rotations

If you can't see that then there is no point trying to explain it

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

@"Shagaliscious.6281" said:well, at least we didn't get nerfs like some other classes
shrug

Like, nothing changed with the trait, it has had a effect added to it, that's a buff, you also have to take into account that Firebrand has gotten nerfed so they have to be a little more careful about stab rotations

They didnt simply "added an effect", Anet
replaced
the shocking aura (and the potential stun that came with it) with the duration increase:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stormsoul

@Nimrod.9240 said:

@"Shagaliscious.6281" said:well, at least we didn't get nerfs like some other classes
shrug

They didnt simply "added an effect", Anet
replaced
the shocking aura (and the potential stun that came with it) with the duration increase:

That's fine WvW is mostly AoE anyway

It's getting annoying those baby baby steps... Vigor?!Why not also Sand Squall 10man? Now we need boon duration, and we can get 300 if we dont take the auraheal... Its so hard to make an okay build. I have some ideas but it looks rather hard to pull off and get integrated.

And why is heat sync 30s cd when its supposed to give 10man might? Wouldnt 20...25s be a little more realistic? Dont make it so hard to make work

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:Like, nothing changed with the trait, it has had a effect added to it, that's a buff, you also have to take into account that Firebrand has gotten nerfed so they have to be a little more careful about stab rotations

wasn't sure what you're talking about until this:

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:That's fine WvW is mostly AoE anyway

Seems like you only care about air trait line zerging staff eles in wvw and think that shocking aura wasn't an effect just because it doesn't generally apply to your specific use case since you just range in a blob all the time.

It seems to me you haven't thought of how much the shocking aura passive matters in spvp, in small scale wvw roaming, or maybe even on a non-meta melee ele in zergs. Since you're so narrow minded, here are some examples where it's useful other than the obvious counter to thief's steal with daze:

1. Stops rev's staff 5 in the middle of their tracks
  2. Stops thief's pistol whip channel
  3. Generally good against mesmers since they are usually close range fighters with several daze/cc and don't have stability spam. Eg. F3 daze with at least 1 clone, Sword Ambush with at least 1 clone and infinite horizon, chrono's tides of time/gravity well. These are all multi-hit ccs mesmers have that will trigger shocking aura's cc back on the mesmer with very little time to react.
  4. Decent against all kinds of melee oriented spec that tends to cc first before applying their follow up burst really, including warriors, other melee eles, and holos. The latter 2 spams stability but warriors tend not to other than getting it for free during rampage.

The thing about stun duration increases that we got which you're calling a buff is it's mostly useless in competitive modes in the same way that condi duration increases are useless because other players can and will react by pressing their stunbreaks/condi cleanses before the increased duration effects kick in. Having a passive retaliating stun that has more use cases (really good one too since it can stop skills that channel evades) is just better than increased stun duration that really have no use outside of pve against breakbars.

@Shagaliscious.6281 said:

shrug

Honestly the nerf to evasion runes have me more upset. I guess it's back to arcane/water/weaver now when fighting condi cancer.

Wait. What ? I haven't got to try it yet!

Archived