Swindler's Equilibrium - 12/11/2018

Alatar.7364

Hey everyone,please help me understand here.Reading the notes from patch I was under impression that the reworked Traits are supposed to give Power to all weapon skills and only bonus if one is the required weapon (120 base + 120 sword in our case)However, the dmg still increases only for Sword skills, is it a bug or did I miss something?

EDIT: Nevermind the Power "Bug" it was just a visual bug that still shows Sword numbers as Blue and off-hand weapon as Gray but increases off-hand dmg anyway.

On the Recharge itself, I am completely lost here.With the former 50% you could easily tell when it got recharged but with this rework it seems to me that the SE doesn't trigger the 25% recharge after the 1th recharge or am I just confusing the functionality? Was it always 1 SE per one Steal and I only didn't notice because it was 50%?I am practically sure the 25% Steal Recharge doesn't occur if you evade an attack after 10 sec period and only recharges 25% on the first evaded attack.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:If you have Sleight of Hand traited, you're talking about 5 seconds cooldown reduction difference here. It's hard to notice that unless you're staring at your Steal's cooldown timer. At 50%, it was noticeable even without looking.

I'Ve been testing that for quite a while now, I did not get exact time between recharge but I am pretty sure the cooldown of SE is not working.Tested it, by using Steal right away, evade attack -> get 5sec reduction so Steal recharge is on 13 (evaded at 18 sec), then didnt evade any attacks, waited for Steal full CD, used it again and evaded attack after the Steal was again at 20 sec cooldown, and I did not get any Cooldown reduction even though more than 13 secs passed (new Cooldown of SE is 10). In fact I did not get any SE proc during the second Steal cooldown at all even though I evaded multiple times at different points during the Steals cooldown.

I'd appreciate if you or anyone reading took time to try it out too. Or just explain it to me if I missed something important about that mechanic.

@Alatar.7364 said:

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:If you have Sleight of Hand traited, you're talking about 5 seconds cooldown reduction difference here. It's hard to notice that unless you're staring at your Steal's cooldown timer. At 50%, it was noticeable even without looking.

I'Ve been testing that for quite a while now, I did not get exact time between recharge but I am pretty sure the cooldown of SE is not working.Tested it, by using Steal right away, evade attack -> get 5sec reduction so Steal recharge is on 13 (evaded at 18 sec), then didnt evade any attacks, waited for Steal full CD, used it again and evaded attack after the Steal was again at 20 sec cooldown, and I did not get any Cooldown reduction even though more than 13 secs passed (new Cooldown of SE is 10). In fact I did not get any SE proc during the second Steal cooldown at all even though I evaded multiple times at different points during the Steals cooldown.

I'd appreciate if you or anyone reading took time to try it out too. Or just explain it to me if I missed something important about that mechanic.

It's not once per steal recharge, it's still every 30 seconds. The cooldown reduction updated but the cooldown of the trait did not. The tooltip correctly shows 10s, but it is still triggering every 30s.

@Impact.2780 said:

It's not once per steal recharge, it's still every 30 seconds. The cooldown reduction updated but the cooldown of the trait did not. The tooltip correctly shows 10s, but it is still triggering every 30s.

That is what I was hoping to find out, that the cooldown of the Trait is still 30 sec, but is supposed to be 10.

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:

@Derenaya.3479 said:So it's bugged? Welp that sucks, can we somehow report this so they can fix this asap?

If it's bugged, I hope this is not Withdraw all over again - waited forever to get it fixed after the update.

It is.It would be quite embarassing for me if I was , after so so so many tests with both Players and NPCs, literally just missing it this entire time, but so Far it truly does not reduce Steal CD every 10secs provided you evade an attack after the 10 sec CD is truly over.

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

@"Alatar.7364" said:Anybody else getting a little bit nervous that this was still not fixed while other professions got theirs fixed?

Par the course for us really. I'm enjoying the extra power so I can't complain too much, but yeah, it would be good if this got fixed or atleast updated to say "we're aware of this" .

Ye.Although to be honest the new +240 power (with sword) is only +35 power as opposed to the former +10% DMG, in sPvP I mean.

@Alatar.7364 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:Anybody else getting a little bit nervous that this was still not fixed while other professions got theirs fixed?

Par the course for us really. I'm enjoying the extra power so I can't complain too much, but yeah, it would be good if this got fixed or atleast updated to say "we're aware of this" .

Ye.Although to be honest the new +240 power (with sword) is only +35 power as opposed to the former +10% DMG, in sPvP I mean.

Yeah, true that. I don't have a problem with the way they converted it here, as it limits max damage while making sure most regular specs still have good damage. That said, acro wasn't really offending in the "let's stack all the % modifiers" game haha

Well people saying it is a buff getting 240 power, but I felt it was kinda a nerf? Buuut that might be because I do not totally understand the mechanic, cause first I thought, well it is only a buff if you got below 2400 power, which is not true.. since it wasn’t a 10% power buff, but dmg buff.But the 10% buff would have been calculated after everything else right? So dmg = weapon strength power coefficient / armor of the target.Then the end result would be multiplied with 1.1.So losing the 10% if you use sword (thinking it would had been 5% each), is e nerf, as well as the Cd reduction, especially as you get more power in raid and so on?

Again I have no idea, I just saw it at first as a nerf, now I am a bit in doubt :) I mean not that it is a big offender, just nice to know.

@"Phoenix the One.4071" said:Well people saying it is a buff getting 240 power, but I felt it was kinda a nerf? Buuut that might be because I do not totally understand the mechanic, cause first I thought, well it is only a buff if you got below 2400 power, which is not true.. since it wasn’t a 10% power buff, but dmg buff.But the 10% buff would have been calculated after everything else right? So dmg = weapon strength power coefficient / armor of the target.Then the end result would be multiplied with 1.1.So losing the 10% if you use sword (thinking it would had been 5% each), is e nerf, as well as the Cd reduction, especially as you get more power in raid and so on?

Again I have no idea, I just saw it at first as a nerf, now I am a bit in doubt :) I mean not that it is a big offender, just nice to know.

I just assumed that "+10% dmg" is +10% power, but since 1000 power = 100% dmg, I think it still a buff in sPvP, however my math was always big "meh".

@Alatar.7364 said:

@"Phoenix the One.4071" said:Well people saying it is a buff getting 240 power, but I felt it was kinda a nerf? Buuut that might be because I do not totally understand the mechanic, cause first I thought, well it is only a buff if you got below 2400 power, which is not true.. since it wasn’t a 10% power buff, but dmg buff.But the 10% buff would have been calculated after everything else right? So dmg = weapon strength
power
coefficient / armor of the target.Then the end result would be multiplied with 1.1.So losing the 10% if you use sword (thinking it would had been 5% each), is e nerf, as well as the Cd reduction, especially as you get more power in raid and so on?

I just assumed that "+10% dmg" is +10% power, but since 1000 power = 100% dmg, I think it still a buff in sPvP, however my math was always big "meh".

Yeah maybe, but it would have different interactions depending on the “scaling”.And 10% in the end result is always better scaling with powercreeps and so on :b

@"ferbz.6987" said:Haven't tested this myself, but it is worrisome that no communication from anet has been done. Let's keep squeaking our wheels. The squeaky wheel gets the grease!

There's two ways to handle a squeaky wheel:1) Fix it2) Put on headphones

Since there's no way to really "fix" complaining on the forums, I imagine the second alternative (metaphorically speaking) is the preferable one in most cases for devs.

@Dahkeus.8243 said:

@"ferbz.6987" said:Haven't tested this myself, but it is worrisome that no communication from anet has been done. Let's keep squeaking our wheels. The squeaky wheel gets the grease!

There's two ways to handle a squeaky wheel:1) Fix it2) Put on headphones

Since there's no way to really "fix" complaining on the forums, I imagine the second alternative (metaphorically speaking) is the preferable one in most cases for devs.

Who says complaining? Is there a bug with the trait yes or no? If yes, has it been addressed or have we heard anything from anet? If no bug, some sort of communication from them should be warranted imo. One could only hope.

The vocal minority always gets what they want want, I wonder why.

Have a good day sir, it is Friday! At least where I'm from

@Alatar.7364 said:

@Safandula.8723 said:We lost dmg (i dont feel to much of dmg lose) but we got more constant and often steal refreshes. I like it

Did we though?The new SE power also applies to Steal, off-hand weapons, secondary weapon set (there only +120), utility and elite skills unlike the old SE which increased only sword dmg.

It depends how much power you had. I had a mix of mara and cavalier gear with dura runes, so my power was between 2.3-2.4k, meaning the 240 power on sword is pretty much the 10% modifier I lost. I also swapped out the cavalier for soldiers meaning I now have 2.6-2.7k power on sword, so my build probably broke even all told (even accounting for 90% crit chance on rifle instead of 100%). If you were running more glassy and had closer to 3k power before the patch, then yeah, you probably lost damage.

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

@Safandula.8723 said:We lost dmg (i dont feel to much of dmg lose) but we got more constant and often steal refreshes. I like it

Did we though?The new SE power also applies to Steal, off-hand weapons, secondary weapon set (there only +120), utility and elite skills unlike the old SE which increased only sword dmg.

It depends how much power you had. I had a mix of mara and cavalier gear with dura runes, so my power was between 2.3-2.4k, meaning the 240 power on sword is pretty much the 10% modifier I lost. I also swapped out the cavalier for soldiers meaning I now have 2.6-2.7k power on sword, so my build probably broke even all told (even accounting for 90% crit chance on rifle instead of 100%). If you were running more glassy and had closer to 3k power before the patch, then yeah, you probably lost damage.

Ye of course WvW works different.I always forget to add that I ment PvP, but then the one I replied to also didn't state that so we were probably both talking about something else.

@Alatar.7364 said:

Ye of course WvW works different.I always forget to add that I ment PvP, but then the one I replied to also didn't state that so we were probably both talking about something else.

To be fair, I forget PvP and PvE are a thing most of the time, so don't worry about it xD yeah, in PvP it's probably a buff for the most part, I think.

Archived