Mesmer Elites . Its time to make them great ...for once...

tinyreborn.1938

Jaunt is a joke now ,core elites are trash to beging with ,not even 1 viable. Any elite is just garbage to slot in elite slot . (gravity well still OK but its avail for chrono only lmao)Time warp 50% duration ,50% reduction in cooldown.Mass invis... Pls make new one ...Or make 60s cd with ~0.75s cast time . Better shadow refuge in elite slot . AND could untie it from MANIPULATION family to forbid reduction and abusive behavior with self reveal after cast .Moa signet 90s cd to match rampage transformation to have chances to counter this bs . Reduce duration to 5s . Engi have AOE bird'ing for 3s alrdy .For sake of stop dumb cries CHRONO DOUBLE ELITES its cd is now really long or if you cant handle outcry disable elites to be recharged ,do the same to thieves to equallize FREE ELITE RECHARGE (Except thief get it every 20seconds and mesmer ONCE per 120s ? Come on ,thats a bullCATS)Update :

@Zoe.8310 said:Letting any class use their elite slot for any utility is a great idea. That would solve the issue for many classes.Would be great

@Heartpains.7312 said:I am honestly tired of their random dart board changes ... the Mesmer is always on the nerfs dartboards ... didn't the factory made buffs dartboards for mesmers? or do they just hate pink/purple? O.o

According to crybabies mesmer is anetchild and never get nerfed . While its being bombarded with nerfs 24/7 ... Even ele have FGS or REALLY good elites on elite specs , mesmer doesnt (chrono well is good but with amount of stab its hard to call really good)

@tinyreborn.1938 said:do the same to thieves to equallize FREE ELITE RECHARGE (Except thief get it every 20seconds and mesmer ONCE per 120s ? Come on ,thats a bullCATS)

Yeah no, that's not at all how it work's. Mesmer gets to pick which skill is recharged. At will, without fail. Thieves have to hope that it recharges a category that's even equipped. In case you forgot, it can attempt to recharge say...Venoms, when the Thief has no venoms equipped.

@Turk.5460 said:

@tinyreborn.1938 said:do the same to thieves to equallize FREE ELITE RECHARGE (Except thief get it every 20seconds and mesmer ONCE per 120s ? Come on ,thats a bullCATS)

Yeah no, that's not at all how it work's. Mesmer gets to pick which skill is recharged. At will, without fail. Thieves have to hope that it
recharges a category that's even equipped.
In case you forgot, it can attempt to recharge say...Venoms, when the Thief has no venoms equipped.

And when they recharge Di**storm 2-3 steals in a row with a heal/roll for initiative ... Can I cry then ?In fact mesmer can be interrupted while in split

@tinyreborn.1938 said:

Yeah no, that's not at all how it work's. Mesmer gets to pick which skill is recharged. At will, without fail. Thieves have to hope that it
In case you forgot, it can attempt to recharge say...Venoms, when the Thief has no venoms equipped.

And when they recharge Di**storm 2-3 steals in a row with a heal/roll for initiative ... Can I cry then ?In fact mesmer can be interrupted while in split

The odds of that happening are so low that it's not something you can base your balance reasoning on. If a Thief has all 3 of those equipped, the odds of this Improvisation doing nothing at all are far greater than recharging all three...If you would like to be constructive with your comparison, you may want to ask for Improvisation to have an increased cooldown, but at the same time must recharge an equipped skill-line. But that wouldn't be very smart to request as a Thief's enemy, now would it?

You are pointing your frustration in the wrong direction.

when I read something about jaunt charges which I wasn't even expecting at all, I was like there must be a next line for jaunt that they return it to the original cd again which is 20sec, but nope.next we have sword ambush and blink, while at it, please remove the condi clear from jaunt.And don't forget torch 4, remove condi clear from it and reduce stealth time to 2sec. and all this so Mesmer can be great at long fights.

@Turk.5460 said:

The odds of that happening are so low that it's not something you can base your balance reasoning on. If a Thief has all 3 of those equipped, the odds of this Improvisation doing
nothing at all
are
far
greater than recharging all three...If you would like to be constructive with your comparison, you may want to ask for Improvisation to have an increased cooldown, but at the same time
must recharge an equipped skill-line.
But that wouldn't be very smart to request as a Thief's enemy, now would it?

Wrong direction. Daggerstorm insane broken crap . Fought faeleth , he got 3 marks on me with 3 marks recharging 3 daggerstorms. ODDS OF HAPPENING ARE TOO LOW! /sjust as I said , forbid it to recharge elite skill for thief . Pretty good change consider this can recharge ELITE(only elite of course that bother me is DS) and related family utilities 2-3-4 times in a row , I dont care if you dont like it tho

@tinyreborn.1938 said:

The odds of that happening are so low that it's not something you can base your balance reasoning on. If a Thief has all 3 of those equipped, the odds of this Improvisation doing
nothing at all
are
far
greater than recharging all three...If you would like to be constructive with your comparison, you may want to ask for Improvisation to have an increased cooldown, but at the same time

Wrong direction. Daggerstorm insane broken kitten . Fought faeleth , he got 3 marks on me with 3 marks recharging 3 daggerstorms. ODDS OF HAPPENING ARE TOO LOW! /sjust as I said , forbid it to recharge elite skill for thief . Pretty good change consider this can recharge ELITE 2-3-4 times in a row , I dont care if you dont like it tho

You seem very upset. I recommend playing the build you don't seem to understand, or perhaps re-educating yourself on how odds typically play out.

@tinyreborn.1938 said:

nothing at all
are
far

Wrong direction. Daggerstorm insane broken kitten . Fought faeleth , he got 3 marks on me with 3 marks recharging 3 daggerstorms. ODDS OF HAPPENING ARE TOO LOW! /sjust as I said , forbid it to recharge elite skill for thief . Pretty good change consider this can recharge ELITE(only elite of course that bother me is DS) and related family utilities 2-3-4 times in a row , I dont care if you dont like it tho

If he got 3 Daggerstorms in a row and Daggerstorm was your foil, that fight was won by RNG, not the player you were up against.Must've had the devils luck, considering the odds of that happening three times in a row.

Anet should just allow us to pick another utility in "elite" slot. Jaunt is still useful but dropping in mimic there might actually be better depending on game mode. WVW, for example, being able to double blink or decoy is actually really useful when roaming.

I aid on HoT launch that continuum split was going to be an issue, here we are 3 years later and it's still an issue with doubling up stuff. Today it's mimic, tomorrow it's whatever they make into a really strong skill with a long cool down.

In my opinion they should go nuts with the alacrity on chrono and then remove continuum splits functionality and replace it with granting quickness and alacrity to allies or something.

The whole trait line should be about chill and slow, superspeed, quickness and alacrity with some healing and other support in there. Ah well here's to the nerfing of condi mirage in 3 months time to become a kinda OK spec while the rest of mesmer is in a pretty poor state, again, for 3 years.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:You guys complaining about your elites when your elites are actually way better than almost every elite a necro has. :s

Too used to being at the top is a bad thing I guess.Try adapting!

Just because another class has issues, doesn't negate the point of this thread.

Back on topic:Letting any class use their elite slot for any utility is a great idea. That would solve the issue for many classes.

All of our current Elites do need some love. Man, I wish Time Warp could be swapped to Alacrity if you are a Chrono, that would be very nice.

@Zoe.8310 said:Back on topic:Letting any class use their elite slot for any utility is a great idea. That would solve the issue for many classes.

All of our current Elites do need some love. Man, I wish Time Warp could be swapped to Alacrity if you are a Chrono, that would be very nice.Pretty much this XDSome utilities look way more elite than curent elites

on mobile so cant give exact trait names. make chronos alacrity and quickness giving traits aoe. rework how chrono wells work ! ( they are kinda useless in pvp since constant moving ( useful but hard to pull its full effect ) ), reduce elite cds ! ( i liked that timewarp idea but rather than changing it to alacrity, add alacrity on top of quickness on chrono). and please bring back temporal enchanter trait ( or something that affects glamours). the stuff i wrote here might be seem like huge buffs to mesmer ( mainly chrono) but compared to other classes, mesmers boon aplication and elite cds in both pve and pvp are underperforming. since inspiration signet rework( nerf ) these changes or something similiar must be made in order to chronos can still share alacrity and quickness while not being boon shops both in pve and pvp (. tbh chrono sup on pvp was nearly invincible before temporal enchanter removal)

Mesmers complaining about elite skills...really?

All of mesmer elites have use literally everywhere. It's one of the classes with most versatile and strongest elite skills. Almost every other class has only one useful elite skill per game mode.

@tinyreborn.1938 said:

@Heartpains.7312 said:I am honestly tired of their random dart board changes ... the Mesmer is always on the nerfs dartboards ... didn't the factory made buffs dartboards for mesmers? or do they just hate pink/purple? O.o

According to crybabies mesmer is anetchild and never get nerfed . While its being bombarded with nerfs 24/7 ... Even ele have FGS or REALLY good elites on elite specs , mesmer doesnt (chrono well is good but with amount of stab its hard to call really good)

When was the last time you saw an ele with tornado or elemental being useful? Rebound sharing aura or healing for 3-5k? Feels elite indeed. Fgs is nothing but a filler in dps rotation on 3 min cd.

Constant nerfs doesn't mean that class is bad. See ele and dps in pve: it's been mostly nerfed for the past two years (excluding last couple of patches) but it was top dps constantly. Mesmer has been BiS class in all content since HoT (and still is), ofc people will ask for nerfs.

@Carighan.6758 said:But honestly?

None of the elites in this game feel all that impressive.Rampage/prime laser/elixir on low cd/ daggerstorm is just absurd/anti reveal/ghastly breach/plaguelands if you stood in there for few last ticks/ even lichform is a passive thing that hit you insane hard from range and feels very elite'ish@steki.1478 said:Mesmers complaining about elite skills...really?Nothing stop you from asking to update your elites because right now its just garbage for pve/for raid/for wvw/for pvp.All of mesmer elites have use literally everywhere. It's one of the classes with most versatile and strongest elite skills. Almost every other class has only one useful elite skill per game mode.I speak for pvp mostly . 180s cd on moa signet(nerfed in pve even tho its 180s cd) thats not something you will see even on chrono in pvp. Timewarp? Never. Mass invis? Em...Who will use that skill if not f2p because other choices are even worse?They took away signet recharge , everyone can reduce their cd but we cant. How to counter BS rampage on 72s/60 cd with moa on 180s cd?

When was the last time you saw an ele with tornado or elemental being useful? Rebound sharing aura or healing for 3-5k? Feels elite indeed. Fgs is nothing but a filler in dps rotation on 3 min cd.Rebound prevent death fyi . Its not just heal . FGS could use way less cd like ~120s (if you say 3 min I assume its 180s now) and not totally useless like 2 other elites as I said :)

Constant nerfs doesn't mean that class is bad. See ele and dps in pve: it's been mostly nerfed for the past two years (excluding last couple of patches) but it was top dps constantly. Mesmer has been BiS class in all content since HoT (and still is), ofc people will ask for nerfs.I havent said class is bad or I did?:DEle still remained one of top dps except occasional DE doing 40k rifle damage in unrealistic conditions.

Archived