Condi mesmer still no nerf - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Condi mesmer still no nerf

Comments

• everyman.4375everyman.4375 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 11, 2018

@bravan.3876 said:
    To say it that clear: Portal nerf is only a nerf for skilled mesmer not for all the noobs finally can run mesmer with 3 duel utilities, brainless run far and win everything they meet. Mes got weaker in rotation but thats not a playstyle any noob is good at anyway. Mesmer got noobfriendlier a lot with portal nerf. Hf faceing mesmers carried by illusionary ambush everywhere. Torch+signet of midnight+axe 3+ illu ambush, you will not be able to target the mes like 80% of the fight + the time you need to get him back in target even when you immediately see the right one = unbeatable. Even mesmer running arcane thievery instead will still be annoyingly often out of target.

This is nerf makes me so sad, portal is such a good spell, made so many fun or interesting play and they just delete it for no reason. I realy hope they revert it one day cause otherwise portal is dead.

• @ your thread title; yes condi mesmer did get nerfs.

@ your post; mirage is in a decent spot right now, if anything they could use buffs in several areas including their condi damage and survivability.

• Azure The Heartless.3261Azure The Heartless.3261 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 11, 2018

[Puts newspaper down for patch notes]

So the main issue of condition oriented mirage builds melting things they run into was not addressed, but instead power oriented mesmer builds were gently tapped down and portal was nerfed so mirages are even less mobile and thus prone to lean into the condi duelist build even more?

And, to balance this, a hefty chunk of things that could stall them out as duelists, namely boonbeast, spellbreaker and some necro builds have been nerfed?

[Chuckles, pulls newspaper back up, sighing]

okayyy~

[Charr Noises]
    [Plays every class]
    [Balance is not going to happen Play whatever is easiest.]

• Master Ketsu.4569Master Ketsu.4569 Member ✭✭✭✭

Portal nerf is pretty huge.

• Alatar.7364Alatar.7364 Member ✭✭✭✭

I am usually the first in line to raise a pitchfork on Mirages, but the fact is they did get nerfed this patch.

On the other hand the true issue of seemingly infinite condi application was not touched at all, but the Axe#2 nerf definitely helps a little bit with that. (even though...2 secs...meh)

~ I Aear cân ven na mar

• Sampson.2403Sampson.2403 Member ✭✭✭

@bravan.3876 said:
    To say it that clear: Portal nerf is only a nerf for skilled mesmer not for all the noobs finally can run mesmer with 3 duel utilities, brainless run far and win everything they meet. Mes got weaker in rotation but thats not a playstyle any noob is good at anyway. Mesmer got noobfriendlier a lot with portal nerf. Hf faceing mesmers carried by illusionary ambush everywhere. Torch+signet of midnight+axe 3+ illu ambush, you will not be able to target the mes like 80% of the fight + the time you need to get him back in target even when you immediately see the right one = unbeatable. Even mesmer running arcane thievery instead will still be annoyingly often out of target.

Lol its funny because in a way you're kind of right. There are several games that i can look back on and would have taken illus ambush over portal. Thing is that i have won games because of portal too. So it's always been a debate in my own head whether to run it or not with uncooridnated 5 man teams.

But now it's a no brainer, unless you're coordinating with people through pre made duo or tournament teams...speaking of coordination what about this new push to talk button feature? Can we talk in pvp games now?

• Ruufio.1496Ruufio.1496 Member ✭✭✭

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@will de grijze jager.6594 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Solori.6025 said:
    Make a boonbeast? Ranger has the best 1v1 specs in the game you shouldnt have an issue.

Mate 1 of the best rangers that is streaming even have fought with a common condi mirage and he had no chance after the nerfs. Condi mesmer din't get nerfed almost. Don't forget nerf to an other class is also a buff for yours.

Boonbeast hard counters condi mirage. Especially with boonbeast buffed to have access to double protection against both power and condition damage this patch, for some insane reason. If they're losing to condi mirage, they are not a good reanger.

Mate the guys is known to be 1 of the top players and evne Helseth says that Condi mirage is broken even playing against there counters, but i din't expect less from a mesmer main to defend the broken condi mirage.

Helseth hasn't played in any real capacity for almost two years now.

I wonder why

edited December 11, 2018

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:
    Puts newspaper down for patch notes

So the main issue of condition oriented mirage builds melting things they run into was not addressed, but instead power oriented mesmer builds were gutted and portal was nerfed so mirages are even less mobile and thus prone to lean into the duelist build even more?

And, to balance this, everything that could stall them out as duelists have been also nerfed?

Chuckles, pulls newspaper back up, sighing okayyy~

The only builds getting melted by condi mirage are the three main necro builds, revs, and sick em yolo soulbeast builds and gs mesmers or garbage nonmeta specs. Core guard, firebrand, holosmith, boonbeast, spell breaker, thief and even sd weavers have the cleanses to put up a decent fight with odds varying across the board or at least stall out indefinitely.

Thief has 3 condi clense. The end.
    The other 3 has to activate a non-clense skill first to get to it, so it will take burst dmg as hell, can't even be used to clense during Life/death scenario, so effectively just 1x3 condi clense per 30 sec in Thiefs build.
    If it manages to land a Steal and get Plasma, it will have 2sec + 2sec of resistance, the channel can be interrupted and overaly 4sec wont make too much of a difference and thats assuming Thief had to blow out both Plasmas at once instead of separate uses.

~ I Aear cân ven na mar

• Classic Perception.2507Classic Perception.2507 Member ✭✭
    edited December 11, 2018

@Vieux P.1238 said:
    Don't pay attention to will de grijze jager.6594 . He don't know how to read mez nerfs updates. He only knows how to cry no nerf. Let this Troll thread die plz.

I'm just going to step in real quick, not to backup OP but because you're not in a position to say anything. You think a-30 % physical damage reduction on a condi spike build is a significant nerf, pls...Don't get me wrong (because you probably will get this wrong given your apparent iq), even though the nerfs are very significant it's too soon to say if they are impactful because of the nerfs to other classes' substain.

You're also the guy who thought nerf on lead attacks are good because they prevent deadeyes from one shotting people, when deadeyes don't even use trickery, lol again. I guess you showcase your "patch note reading skills" a lot don't you? You also think it's a good nerf because it prevents s/d from one shotting people...because s/d thief is so good in this meta it does that? Really bruh...just sit down.

• Solori.6025Solori.6025 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Alatar.7364 said:
    I am usually the first in line to raise a pitchfork on Mirages, but the fact is they did get nerfed this patch.

On the other hand the true issue of seemingly infinite condi application was not touched at all, but the Axe#2 nerf definitely helps a little bit with that. (even though...2 secs...meh)

Condi duration for condi mes also got nerfed.

Tingle my stingleberry

• mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 11, 2018

@Alatar.7364 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

So the main issue of condition oriented mirage builds melting things they run into was not addressed, but instead power oriented mesmer builds were gutted and portal was nerfed so mirages are even less mobile and thus prone to lean into the duelist build even more?

And, to balance this, everything that could stall them out as duelists have been also nerfed?

The only builds getting melted by condi mirage are the three main necro builds, revs, and sick em yolo soulbeast builds and gs mesmers or garbage nonmeta specs. Core guard, firebrand, holosmith, boonbeast, spell breaker, thief and even sd weavers have the cleanses to put up a decent fight with odds varying across the board or at least stall out indefinitely.

The other 3 has to activate a non-clense skill first to get to it, so it will take burst dmg as hell, can't even be used to clense during Life/death scenario, so effectively just 1x3 condi clense per 30 sec in Thiefs build.
    If it manages to land a Steal and get Plasma, it will have 2sec + 2sec of resistance, the channel can be interrupted and overaly 4sec wont make too much of a difference and thats assuming Thief had to blow out both Plasmas at once instead of separate uses.

Between good use of infiltrator's Strike, potentially 4x ectoplasm and all of its evades SD thief shouldn't even be in a position to eat a full burst from a condi mirage and can seriously threaten it in return.

The Psychomancer: Mesmer Elite Specialization Suggestion.

• Vieux P.1238Vieux P.1238 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Classic Perception.2507 said:

@Vieux P.1238 said:
    Don't pay attention to will de grijze jager.6594 . He don't know how to read mez nerfs updates. He only knows how to cry no nerf. Let this Troll thread die plz.

I'm just going to step in real quick, not to backup OP but because you're not in a position to say anything. You think a-30 % physical damage reduction on a condi spike build is a significant nerf, pls...

I don't just think, i'm telling you. & you or anyone saying otherwise is hypocritical. Tell me you would'nt mind -30% damage to one of your main weapons?
    Mirage Axe is already borderline weak in damage before nerf & clunky. Adding - 30% damage is huge.

Winter Nerf is coming!

@Solori.6025 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:

It did?
    Sorry I didn't exactly recheck the Update list after first reading.
    Would you post for me the change, literally can't look it up now irl.

~ I Aear cân ven na mar

edited December 11, 2018

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

Between good use of infiltrator's Strike, potentially 4x ectoplasm and all of its evades SD thief shouldn't even be in a position to eat a full burst from a condi mirage and can seriously threaten it in return.

Perhaps, but then all it takes to shred Thief is to take 2 hits, 1 it can clense, 2 it is over, while Thief has to stay on Mesmer the entire time. It is easier for Mirage to land two bursts on Thief than it is for Thief to keep on target, interrupts, etc.
    It is why I always say that while Thief (lets assume S/D) even though considered a counter to Mirage, will still more than likely lose to equally skilled Mirage.

~ I Aear cân ven na mar

@Alatar.7364 said:

@Solori.6025 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:

It did?

Signet of Midnight: This signet's passive effect now grants 180 expertise at level 80 instead of a flat condition duration in order to be consistent with other signet effects.

^This happened.
    You should notice a higher drop off of condis now unless the mesmer invest in expertise then it will be roughly the same duration, but the mesmer will be a bit squishier
    Gone are the days of speccing condi damage and having duration covered by utilities.
    This means the Axe and jaunt nerfs are going to be a little more significant than people actually think

Tingle my stingleberry

edited December 11, 2018

@Solori.6025 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:

@Solori.6025 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:

It did?

Signet of Midnight: This signet's passive effect now grants 180 expertise at level 80 instead of a flat condition duration in order to be consistent with other signet effects.

^This happened.
    You should notice a higher drop off of condis now unless the mesmer invest in expertise then it will be roughly the same duration, but the mesmer will be a bit squishier
    Gone are the days of speccing condi damage and having duration covered by utilities.
    This means the Axe and jaunt nerfs are going to be a little more significant than people actually think

With this change, it loses 5% from its original Duration.
    While undoubtedly a nerf, is 5% going to make literally any diference?

~ I Aear cân ven na mar

@Alatar.7364 said:

@Solori.6025 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:

@Solori.6025 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:

It did?

^This happened.

hmm ...
    Signet of Midnight gave a flat duration of 20%..
    Now in-game it's 12%
    So 8% shave
    We'll see? If the mobility nerfs , axe power damage nerfs, and buffing of soulbeast don't kill the spec, I'm sure people will be back with pitchforks.

Tingle my stingleberry

• Chilli.2976Chilli.2976 Member ✭✭✭✭

@mortrialus.3062 said:
    Portal getting nerfed is the single most brutal nerf this entire patch.

I suggested the 30s CD about 3 years ago, happy to see it finally done.

twitch.tv/chillichur

• mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Chilli.2976 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

This seems like an oddly spiteful little post.

Portal has defined mesmer the way infiltrator's arrow defined thief. The most exciting, strategic, and skilled plays in the game have always been portal plays.

The Psychomancer: Mesmer Elite Specialization Suggestion.

• @mortrialus.3062 said:

Realized this and adjusted my wording, but you grabbed my original post.
    Still not very confident in the patch. And they hit portal to boot.

[Charr Noises]
    [Plays every class]
    [Balance is not going to happen Play whatever is easiest.]

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Chilli.2976 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

This seems like an oddly spiteful little post.

Portal has defined mesmer the way infiltrator's arrow defined thief. The most exciting, strategic, and skilled plays in the game have always been portal plays.

I'm not gonna lie. It feels kinda good to not be expected to know portal plays. Really sad this came AFTER a years worth of nerfs though.

Tingle my stingleberry

@Solori.6025 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:

@Solori.6025 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:

@Solori.6025 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:

It did?

^This happened.

hmm ...
    Signet of Midnight gave a flat duration of 20%..
    Now in-game it's 12%
    So 8% shave
    We'll see? If the mobility nerfs , axe power damage nerfs, and buffing of soulbeast don't kill the spec, I'm sure people will be back with pitchforks.

Ah, yeah 8%!
    No idea where did I get 5% since I even had to look up the Expertise/ Percentage ration before I wrote that post.

~ I Aear cân ven na mar

• jportell.2197jportell.2197 Member ✭✭✭

@Chilli.2976 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

Now portal is kitten near worthless. Especially with a nearly 45s CD if you don't use it. And given what ranked is most of the time their wont be chances to use it anymore. This game is such a dumpster fire. I remember when they increased portal CD to 90s. Mesmer was out of the meta for nearly two years until HOT when they did that. ANet clearly has no clue how to balance.

• apharma.3741apharma.3741 Member ✭✭✭✭

@mortrialus.3062 said:

Realized this and adjusted my wording, but you grabbed my original post.
    Still not very confident in the patch. And they hit portal to boot.

I guess now people will have to stop complaining about portal right?

• FyzE.3472FyzE.3472 Member ✭✭✭

Agreed. Still not enough of a nerf.

• They are still an utter joke. I was actually dueling a friend recently to see how long he could stay invulnerable whilst still doing damage. It was just ridiculous.

Such bad class design. It's like god mode. Do damage whilst immune to damage and unstunnable.

• No nerf will ever be enough for you lot. Literally demolished mesmer and the complaints continue.

• The portal destruction is a massive reduction in capabilities. Probably the biggest nerf to mesmer ever. Condi mesmer has tons of counters especially with boonbeast about to see even more play after its "nerf." Just about anything with solid cleave and condi cleanse checks condi mes. It's lost its only real utility.

• Still OP so let's wait for another patch and nerfs to power mirage.

• Rizigmar.2681Rizigmar.2681 Member ✭✭
    edited December 15, 2018

@rowdy.5107 said:
    "Durr I cant kill a Mesmer because I don't learn how to play so you need to nerf it and dumb it down to my level so I don't die from it anymore and cry"

Hilariously enough Mirage is dumbed down 'a lot' compared to how you used to play it before the phantasm rework , now a days it's a class monkeys play that rewards bad gameplay.

Edit: Mostly condi mirage, power isn't so bad but still pretty obnoxious if you face a good one.

• Master Ketsu.4569Master Ketsu.4569 Member ✭✭✭✭

Problem: Class has "Ability X" which is overpowered and lacks counterplay which makes the class not fun to deal with.

Anet Balance team: Nerf Abilities W, Y, and Z for the class. Buff Ability X.

edited December 16, 2018

@Rizigmar.2681 said:

@rowdy.5107 said:
    "Durr I cant kill a Mesmer because I don't learn how to play so you need to nerf it and dumb it down to my level so I don't die from it anymore and cry"

Hilariously enough Mirage is dumbed down 'a lot' compared to how you used to play it before the phantasm rework , now a days it's a class monkeys play that rewards bad gameplay.

Edit: Mostly condi mirage, power isn't so bad but still pretty obnoxious if you face a good one.

If that were the case then it would be present much more in higher teirs of the game.
    In reality that isn't the case.
    Mirage is noob stomper, found in the lowest brackets of SPvP and severely falls apart when put up against competent players.
    Condi-mirage is still an issue, as I have said before - Conditions should never be burst. On ANY class ( so necro,thief,mesmer, etc. ) it shouldn't exist. Arena-Net unfortunately doesn't seem to realize this and takes balancing suggestions from the people stuck in silver tier skill clicking abilities.
    I would love if they actually had a testing server and actually listened to the people that play the class and not just list abilities from the wiki and pretend to know how things function ( cause EM would never have launched if they listened to the mesmer mains that said it was a bad idea)

Tingle my stingleberry

• Axl.8924Axl.8924 Member ✭✭✭✭

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Solori.6025 said:
    Make a boonbeast? Ranger has the best 1v1 specs in the game you shouldnt have an issue.

Mate 1 of the best rangers that is streaming even have fought with a common condi mirage and he had no chance after the nerfs. Condi mesmer din't get nerfed almost. Don't forget nerf to an other class is also a buff for yours.

Boonbeast hard counters condi mirage. Especially with boonbeast buffed to have access to double protection against both power and condition damage this patch, for some insane reason. If they're losing to condi mirage, they are not a good reanger.

Mate the guys is known to be 1 of the top players and evne Helseth says that Condi mirage is broken even playing against there counters, but i din't expect less from a mesmer main to defend the broken condi mirage.

Mirages got hit by the nerf bat already, what do you want? for them stand still and die?

Here is my list of characters i got so far:

Elementalist 80 with tempest:Talman nul
    Necromancer 80 with reaper:Zex vokar
    Mesmer level 80 no chrono yet:Klanga voosh.
    Level 80 Ranger with druid spec Jedkhan.

• @Axl.8924 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Solori.6025 said:

Mirages got hit by the nerf bat already, what do you want? for them stand still and die?

Uhhh ya?

• Burnfall.9573Burnfall.9573 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 16, 2018

Power Mesmer damages are outrageous at the moment. So in other word; > @DedalNort.3627 said:

Still OP so let's wait for another patch and nerfs to power mirage.

+1
    I was about to create a thread about this

Build included in video

• phokus.8934phokus.8934 Member ✭✭✭

@Burnfall.9573 said:
    Power Mesmer damages are outrageous at the moment. So in other word; > @DedalNort.3627 said:

+1

Build included in video

The music alone adds +10k to Mesmer DPS.

• Crius.5487Crius.5487 Member ✭✭✭

There's only two nerfs to mirage from the last patch that affect mirage in the current meta. The first is the physical damage reduction on axe #3 however this ability isn't used for physical damage but for confusion application and an evade frame so the physical damage reduction has very little impact. The biggest change is the portal duration. Portal was used for mobility but due to the changes it's ineffective to run portal. What happened is mesmers now have three utility skills to fight with instead of two. The portal nerf actually buffed mesmers in 1v1's.

• EpicTurtle.8571EpicTurtle.8571 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Burnfall.9573 said:

+1

Build included in video

You linked a PvE test golem video. On the sPvP subforum.

• @Burnfall.9573 said:

+1

Build included in video

Power mesmer has awful sustain damage. Dodge the burst and you've won.
    But of course it's easier to let ANet play for you and they're doing a wonderful job at it, every single patch hits power mesmer.

• Î wish they'd buff power mes enough to make it viable. It's so much more fun than condi mesmer.

• Vieux P.1238Vieux P.1238 Member ✭✭✭✭

Yeah git rid of Condi mirage & also power shatter while your at it. Mez players can have what's left.. ;)

Winter Nerf is coming!

• incisorr.9502incisorr.9502 Member ✭✭✭

condi mesmer still no buff you mean

in today's meta where every 2nd kid is playing core guard/revenant/thief i wonder what the most op class is ele giggle. I guess its too much of a rocket science for mr @Ben Phongluangtham.1065 to check the leaderboard and see how there are less mesmers than any other class (xcept weaver) in top 50 in the leaderboard regularly and all the time

currently there's 2 legendary weavers and zero mesmers as i just lost my legendary due to getting matched with absolute clown players because that's also a thing

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.