Reduce Core and Reaper Shroud by 1 second (min)

Zietlogik.6208

This is quite literally the only thing preventing the core and reaper specs from feeling fluid, the quickness was a good start for players who use the trait, but "stance dancing" with Shroud still feels pretty bad and out of sync with how any power based core and reaper necro plays. Personally, I believe reducing the cooldown of shroud by 3 seconds would be the best option, but even as low as 1 second (lining it up with sigil cooldowns) would suffice, but 10 seconds just feels slightly too long, and I do mean slightly.

@XECOR.2814 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:Shroud is a shroud skill, why isn't it affected by the CD reduction of shroud skills?

Yes if we got reduce the cd by 15% to get 8.5sec shroud with sr new minor, it would be really fluid to play. I cant count how many times i died when 0.5secs of cd was left for shroud.

This would kinda ruin Sigils that proc on reaper entry.

Honestly 7 sec shroud was nice but it messed with a lot of those Sigil synergies. So I’m adamant for a change like this

@JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:Shroud is a shroud skill, why isn't it affected by the CD reduction of shroud skills?

Yes if we got reduce the cd by 15% to get 8.5sec shroud with sr new minor, it would be really fluid to play. I cant count how many times i died when 0.5secs of cd was left for shroud.

Honestly 7 sec shroud was nice but it messed with a lot of those Sigil synergies. So I’m adamant for a change like this

We could change the cool down on all the sigils so that they fit our 7 Sec shroud timing

So just wait until after the cooldown resets if you're dependent on sigils?

SoS and such shroud CDR hard-carried reaper into its more difficult matchups and allowed for way more skill expression than right now.

What? Weapon swap sigil timings are going to be completely rekt by shroud regardless of whether shroud has a 10, 9, or 7 second cooldown. Exception being if you exclusively camp one weaponset. However for the rest of us that use both weapons and shroud, weaponswap sigils are already hit or miss.

@Crinn.7864 said:

What? Weapon swap sigil timings are going to be completely rekt by shroud regardless of whether shroud has a 10, 9, or 7 second cooldown. Exception being if you exclusively camp one weaponset. However for the rest of us that use both weapons and shroud, weaponswap sigils are already hit or miss.

Ya, true. Kinda forgot about regular wep swapping when I made that post.

• 2 weeks later...

@XECOR.2814 said:

this. and since the latest nerfes to LSS, SS, CN by reducing dmg by 70+80% some increase in Sustain for necros is more needed than anytime before.

i mean core necro is unviable in every gamemode. (it has Maybe just 2 good matchups against Reapers and Warriors since it has high weakness apply rate and somewhat 1v1 Sustain).reaper is not viable in wvw zerg, wvw small scale and PvE. so its useless in 3/4 gamemodes. shroud necros are overnerfed and Need some love Sustain wise.

@Zero.3871 said:

this. and since the latest nerfes to LSS, SS, CN by reducing dmg by 70+80% some increase in Sustain for necros is more needed than anytime before.

i mean core necro is unviable in every gamemode. (it has Maybe just 2 good matchups against Reapers and Warriors since it has high weakness apply rate and somewhat 1v1 Sustain).reaper is not viable in wvw zerg, wvw small scale and PvE. so its useless in 3/4 gamemodes. shroud necros are overnerfed and Need some love Sustain wise.

Only two good matchups for core is just wrong information here. Even though it struggles versus condipressure it can easily beat any engi build, most ele builds, chrono bunker, warrior, reaper and has decent chances against some other power based builds.

I think the sad thing is we are one of the few classes who still clamor frequently for changes to our core/HOT specs as the POF spec is even worse at roaming than the core/HOT specs. Pretty much every other class has a self-sufficient POF spec for roaming...I must say though that because of how many of the POF specs (except for Scourge) are over-performing for roaming, the HOT specs have become a pale shadow in comparison.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:I think the sad thing is we are one of the few classes who still clamor frequently for changes to our core/HOT specs as the POF spec is even worse at roaming than the core/HOT specs. Pretty much every other class has a self-sufficient POF spec for roaming...I must say though that because of how many of the POF specs (except for Scourge) are over-performing for roaming, the HOT specs have become a pale shadow in comparison.

Got a teleport and swiftness though.And the heal on condi dmg can stack up :)

Archived