Lair of the snowmen

Tyson.5160

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is Anet trolling the casual community. Aspects from Frozen King + Sabetha's flame wall + some extra thingies. It was very amusing to detect players not being familiar with indicators and other boss-related stuff. But yeah, that's the difficulty the casual open world people need to have as instanced content. /s

I thought it was a nice idea.

Maybe small mini raid boss festival activities which are not to frustrating are the way to go in order to get people to deepen their understanding of game mechanics.

It was short, fun and I think if speedrun by a very organized raid static might even turn a decent profit. Not sure what the lockout is exactly, it was back up by the end of our guild raid.

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:I really enjoyed it! Far better than that stupid old Mad King that you can solo easily

And what exactly is the problem of soloable content?

It's usually more tedious, but not exactly challenging. In the case of the Mad King it's an insult to the players intelligence, since you literally cannot fail it no matter how many times you die lol

Loved it ^^As someone who's been openly in favor of adding no reward easy modes for raids this is exactly the kind of thing I wanted and had in mind.It's a very good introduction for people who feel rejected from the raiding community and it's difficulty is right in the ballpark of what I hoped for too.Boss fight was great and easy to pick up the mechanics on the fly, even for a group of raid noobs like me and most of my friends are.

Very good new addition to Wintersday, Great raid introduction content for noobs who want in, Very fun boss fight with easy to learn mechanics.. and all cramed into one hell of a Gw1 throwback complete with a lore nod to the Dwarf King Hundar.

10/10 Anet well done ^^

Once again ANet catering to the toxic elitist community by creating another raid but this time they put it in wintersday so people that play for fun miss out on lore and festive rewards. Many of us do not like raids, they're too difficult and are created by the devs talking to the toxic elitists in private to dictate a meta and tell everyone what to play. We are sick of it!

Make raids more accessible, raids need an infantile mode!

@Blocki.4931 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:I really enjoyed it! Far better than that stupid old Mad King that you can solo easily

And what exactly is the problem of soloable content?

It's usually more tedious, but not exactly challenging. In the case of the Mad King it's an insult to the players intelligence, since you literally cannot fail it no matter how many times you die lol

Well, judging by some of the people I encounter in open world content, I guess Mad King is a appropriate response to the average GW2 player.

My gripe isn't with dificult... My gripe is with the fact that it's a 10man content... The hardest part of pug raiding is forming a competent group. Unless Lair of Snowmen is actually dumb easy for the average player, I don't feel encouraged to go through the trouble of forming a pug group for it. I would rather have a hard challenging content that any wipe would be my (and only mine) fault.

@sigur.9453 said:

@"Henry.5713" said:Cute little "raid". They should introduce such event instances more often. The difficulty is about what people expect out of easy mode raids, I guess.

Yeah, this is generally, what I would expect an easy or story mode to operate like.

so doing it once and never look at it again?

I’m going to be going back in to collect the minis that drop as well as the weapons.

@Tyson.5160 said:

@"Henry.5713" said:Cute little "raid". They should introduce such event instances more often. The difficulty is about what people expect out of easy mode raids, I guess.

Yeah, this is generally, what I would expect an easy or story mode to operate like.

so doing it once and never look at it again?

I’m going to be going back in to collect the minis that drop as well as the weapons.

ah, loot > fun, i see.

Archived