fractal comp

Sniper.5961

with the recent hard nerv of chrono in mind id like to hear your oppinion of a 4 daredevil 1 firebrand comp.

The comp provides:-perma quickness-perma 25stacks might-perma 25 stacks vulnurability-skillable boonsteal-perma fury-fb can pull mobs together-100%krit chance without spotter or banner for all 4 thiefs running bersi-its nearly unwipeable when the thiefs trait Invigorating Precision ( they heal 50% hp every second passive while attacking) when you combine signet heal and passive guard heal and regen. Without you still have a lot of passive heal and a 10% dps boost. + thiefes have tons of dodgesenough cc for every encounter-decent easy to archive grp dps ( you have 4 damage dealer not 2 +warr)-decent burst-skip potential with stealth (xera portal if you have that)-high stability and aegis output-it does not give alacrity but alacrity doesnt influence thief dps nearly as much as other classes because initiative gain is not influenced by it.-The comp is incredibly easy to play staff daredevil rota is one of the easiest to learn.pls share your thoughts on it.

Im not claiming it to be the new best possible comp you could play in fracs, that would be probably something with rev fb something i dont know. But in my oppinion for any other comp you would have to actually do a really decent job to outperform this one. Which means that the average fractal t4 runner ( most pug grps from lfg) would probably have a higher grp dps and a lot safer runs with this comp than with whatever will be meta.

@Sniper.5961 said:with the recent hard nerv of chrono in mind id like to hear your oppinion of a 4 daredevil 1 firebrand comp.

-decent easy to archive grp dps ( you have 4 damage dealer not 2 +warr)Meta was 4 dps + chrono. So 3 dps + warr.-decent burstDepends on what you call decent. It misses stuff like stance share or frost spirit.-skip potential with stealth (xera portal if you have that)Almost every comp is capable of that nowadays.-high stability and aegis outputThats true though.-it does not give alacrity but alacrity doesnt influence thief dps nearly as much as other classes because initiative gain is not influenced by it.-The comp is incredibly easy to play staff daredevil rota is one of the easiest to learn.pls share your thoughts on it.

Yes it is decent and easy to play and probably stronger than the healer + chrono + 3 dps team but you wont get close to the classic 4 dps + chrono team.Same can be achieved with the 5 DH team aswell. Has perma quickness aswell on top of lots of utility.

@Nephalem.8921 said:

@Sniper.5961 said:with the recent hard nerv of chrono in mind id like to hear your oppinion of a 4 daredevil 1 firebrand comp.

-decent easy to archive grp dps ( you have 4 damage dealer not 2 +warr)Meta was 4 dps + chrono. So 3 dps + warr.-decent burstDepends on what you call decent. It misses stuff like stance share or frost spirit.-skip potential with stealth (xera portal if you have that)Almost every comp is capable of that nowadays.-high stability and aegis outputThats true though.-it does not give alacrity but alacrity doesnt influence thief dps nearly as much as other classes because initiative gain is not influenced by it.-The comp is incredibly easy to play staff daredevil rota is one of the easiest to learn.pls share your thoughts on it.

Yes it is decent and easy to play and probably stronger than the healer + chrono + 3 dps team but you wont get close to the classic 4 dps + chrono team.Same can be achieved with the 5 DH team aswell. Has perma quickness aswell on top of lots of utility.

everyone exept a fiew people who speed ran fracs ran with a druid and a chrono a druid is not dps soulbeast is

you dodge3x before fight steal pop signet and spamm 2 or fist flurry thats decent enough to get burst phases done

5 dh would suffer from the lack of alacrity and doesnt provide boonrip the high surviveability (idk about vulnurablity and might)

chrono is out of meta see the nerfes:

Signet of Inspiration: The active effect of this signet no longer shares the mesmer's boons with allies. Instead, it now extends the duration of all allies' current boons by 5 seconds.

Bountiful Disillusionment: This trait now only applies boons to the mesmer.

no more boon buffing exept for wells and time warp

@BRNBRITO.9624 said:Most comps will work fine tbh as long as players are good, i doubt the pug meta will change, still gonna get 100% boon uptime or at least >80% as long as people aren't stupid and miss every single well and do good DPS.

id love to see how someone buffs his group with 100% alacrity and quickness uptime as a chrono after the nerf

@Sniper.5961 said:

everyone exept a fiew people who speed ran fracs ran with a druid and a chrono a druid is not dps soulbeast is

you dodge3x before fight steal pop signet and spamm 2 or fist flurry thats decent enough to get burst phases done

5 dh would suffer from the lack of alacrity and doesnt provide boonrip the high surviveability (idk about vulnurablity and might)

chrono is out of meta see the nerfes:

Signet of Inspiration: The active effect of this signet no longer shares the mesmer's boons with allies. Instead, it now extends the duration of all allies' current boons by 5 seconds.

Bountiful Disillusionment: This trait now only applies boons to the mesmer.

no more boon buffing exept for wells and time warp

Chrono is not out of meta in fractals. Warrior is just forced to run m/m alomost everywhere for cc now. Forceful greatsword was buffed and always grants might on crit now no matter the weapon so chaos chrono is not needed for might anymore.Dh, Weaver, Slb can have 100k+ burst into breakbar. Show me DD coming even close to that. Yes the comp is decent but its still far behind a normal burst comp. Also doesnt thief need trickery for boonsteal? A lot of people are running without a healer in fractals. You just don't see them in lfg pugging. It's not even hard. Fractals used to be done without a healer for 3-4 years but then full heal druid became meta in in raids and people started playing it in fractals aswell.

Got 100% uptime on Siax on my Warr today on a pug. Just need precast + decent dps (wasn't even that high on this party since i was top dps as bs).Ensolyss @cap phase and Arkk @orb phase obviously gonna lose boons for a bit but you don't really need quickness/alacrity during those...

https://dps.report/GkS0-20181211-222328_siax

90/98 on MAMA: https://dps.report/ZNnh-20181211-221805_mama

@BRNBRITO.9624 said:Got 100% uptime on Siax on my Warr today on a pug. Just need precast + decent dps (wasn't even that high on this party since i was top dps as bs).Ensolyss @cap phase and Arkk @orb phase obviously gonna lose boons for a bit but you don't really need quickness/alacrity during those...

https://dps.report/GkS0-20181211-222328_siax

90/98 on MAMA: https://dps.report/ZNnh-20181211-221805_mama

Looks like you are right i posted this shortly after balance patch when everyone was talking about that chrono got hit hard and is probably is out of meta so i created the post with that in mind. I still think that my comp is working and will be an easy and safe way to complete fracs, but as long as chrono is able to provide 100% boon duration the meta will stay as it is and my comp will not find general acceptance as an alternative. Ty for your well documented feedback.

Yeah people usually overreact shortly after patches and i do agree it kind of sucks since most chronos were doing Mimic + SoI rota, just need to readjust a bit.

I was already using 2 wells + SoI (didn't bother practicing Mimic rota since im always swapping toons and was busy) and still kept 90-100% uptimes, Mimic + SoI was just easier because it's harder to miss it compared to Wells, but if you don't dodge outside of 5 wells in a row you always had really good/perma uptime on quickness/alacrity, not really the chrono's fault most of the times.

Though it can be really hard to see Wells on the ground for some people if they're not used to the effect or get overwhelmed by all the particles in-combat, the Druid got only 60/45 uptime somehow in comparison.

The game is a lot more balanced now with out of this world OP Chrono being slowly taken down to a reasonable level patch by patch, so really, a lot of comps work fine now, and maybe people will be more accepting of them in the future instead of demanding Chrono + Druid (which still works just fine) for every piece of PvE endgame content.

I suspect 4 DD + FB won't be optimal by a long shot, but it's most certainly viable for even CM's, probably with pretty reasonable speed too.SA might be a nightmare with 4DD's jumping around, but hey.

Otherwise I can see support Renegade + Condi DPS/Quickness Bot or just full support FB, BS and 2 pDPS becoming a thing, as well as people just sticking with Chrono + Druid. Chrono + FB would still work just fine as well.

As someone who has been testing out alternative comps in CM's + T4 since a while now, I can tell you a lot of stuff works perfectly fine and you will barely notice a difference. Some things are smoother with other comps, other things, especially some skips, are worse without Chrono. But it works just fine.

People are just too hung up about what's deemed meta and can't think outside of the box that is Chrono + Druid, at least up until these recent patches.

If you have decent players, it doesn't matter if you run support FB, Scourge, Chrono, Renegade, Druid or what have you. All of those options are capable of doing 100CM etc in under 15 minutes just fine.

Archived