New patches and 'I'm quitting' posts

EremiteAngel.9765

TBH I find it silly seeing all the 'I'm quitting' after every balance patch springing up across the profession threads. That's just like running from a problem, not willing to adapt and change from whatever build/role you have been accustomed to.

As a necro main, we've been on the end of many hard hitting patches but I've never thought of quitting.

Yes some of the changes can be silly and hard to understand to some.Yes I would gripe and complain. But that's it.To me a new patch is always a matter of adapting and trying out new builds/specs/playstyles/composition against the new metas run by other classes. That is part of what keeps things fresh and fun.

Adapt and try something new with your class!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some builds that were removed were actually not meta or overly powerful, although I support fixing problem builds (and thus a large percentage of the changes) I don't support removing entire stat sets or playstyles from a class when they didn't even compare to the meta way of playing the class - merciless hammer as an example. It was almost entirely used for a support cc build and it was by far harder to get solo kills with it compared to any other build on warrior that I use. I just hate to see the diversity dying as a result of anet giving up.

Balancing - yes.Removing playstyles without offering viable but not overpowered alternatives for the gear - no.

I'm glad to see OP stuff being toned down or removed, but I don't want build diversity to suffer as a result because it makes fights extremely boring and predictable..

@Sahfur.5612 said:Some builds that were removed were actually not meta or overly powerful, although I support fixing problem builds (and thus a large percentage of the changes) I don't support removing entire stat sets or playstyles from a class when they didn't even compare to the meta way of playing the class - merciless hammer as an example. It was almost entirely used for a support cc build and it was by far harder to get solo kills with it compared to any other build on warrior that I use. I just hate to see the diversity dying as a result of anet giving up.

Balancing - yes.Removing playstyles without offering viable but not overpowered alternatives for the gear - no.

I'm glad to see OP stuff being toned down or removed, but I don't want build diversity to suffer as a result because it makes fights extremely boring and predictable..

Merciless hammer was just trash. Now its mediocre and still gets outshined by the other 2 options. In what build did you need an obvious power weapon that applied confusion? Hybrid warrior? Dont make me laugh

@RedShark.9548 said:

@Sahfur.5612 said:Some builds that were removed were actually not meta or overly powerful, although I support fixing problem builds (and thus a large percentage of the changes) I don't support removing entire stat sets or playstyles from a class when they didn't even compare to the meta way of playing the class - merciless hammer as an example. It was almost entirely used for a support cc build and it was by far harder to get solo kills with it compared to any other build on warrior that I use. I just hate to see the diversity dying as a result of anet giving up.

Merciless hammer was just trash. Now its mediocre and still gets outshined by the other 2 options. In what build did you need an obvious power weapon that applied confusion? Hybrid warrior? Dont make me laugh

A Build gets removed that was the equivalent of trying to get a Nail in the wall with a rock.

Forum: BuT mY bUiLd DiVeRsItY!!!

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

A Build gets removed that was the equivalent of trying to get a Nail in the wall with a rock.

I honestly would probably play that trait now in zergfights, if it was in discipline, because strength just doesnt fit into zergbuilds, due to basically being forced to go defense/discipline and spb.Thematically merciless hammer fits into strength, but buildwise i cant fit it in. In smallscale mmr is still better and in pve berserkers power is alot more reliable

I agree, it is tiring. On the engineer sub-board it is almost a constant theme. Every update, every balance-patch ruined the class in total. Then a few months later, the next update kicks in and the already unplayable class becomes more nerfed. We also had a couple of those ridiculous "build diversity" comments now, where people actually claim that boosting underpowered skills & traits cannot lead to more diversity. Leads me to the assumption that those people do not want diversity in general XD. It is nice to have an overpowered build/mechanic.

Sometimes I believe to live in a parallel universe or play a totally different game. Every update/fix I enjoy is bashed and claimed to be a total disaster. Even the damage-boost of the Scrapper by ridiculously 15 % is seen as a nerf O_O. Over the time you get used to all the complains and get a thicker skin on that, but you cannot really ignore it. You question your decisions and your experience, sometimes thinking that you are a complete idiot because everyone else has a totally different opinion. But on the other hand, the forum population is a mere fraction of the entire game population.

The situation with the Mesmers was predictable. Even the Elementalist got kicked from its thrown recently, so it was only a matter of time. The Mesmers were The Inevitable. Especially if you look into their sub-board right now, you realize there was NO alternative before the patch. The high priests of efficiency and meta-builds (snowcrows, qT, ... etc.) are probably already working on the next Inevitable and indomitable group-setup. In a few days, there will be a new ultimate meta and after a week or two people will farm cm100 and raids like almost nothing had happened.

A few months ago I figured out a very cool and almost unknown mechanic within the engineer. I ran a few tests and realized some impressive potential, so I ran calculations and designed a special gear-set to optimize that play-style. As I wanted to use it in fractals, it had to be ascended gear. It took me ages to collect every single part of the armor, weapons, trinkets & backpiece. I also wanted a special style which required some extremely hard to get skins (stellar) and of course a full set of leadership runes. When I had everything but the runes complete, ANet made another balance patch and ruined my discovery in total. Every tiny little piece of effort I have put into it was gone to waste. After a few minutes of regret, I put the gear into my bank and carried on with life. A few months later, I was able to re-purpose the set and the skins.

Progress needs changes.

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:its tiring.the mes forum is the worst lol. what annoys me about chrono nerfs+qq is that chrono was obviously op.

Guess when you fall from that height, it really hurts, huh? :-)

Edit: Translation - "Mesmer was the most wanted in every content, but now it is not and it must be sad for them"

@FyzE.3472 said:

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:its tiring.the mes forum is the worst lol. what annoys me about chrono nerfs+qq is that chrono was obviously op.

Guess when you fall from that height, it really hurts, huh? :-)

Edit: Translation - "Mesmer was the most wanted in every content, but now it is not and it must be sad for them"

This is actually the truth. The devs let Mesmer get completely out of control, and when they take away that power (as they inevitably have to do, for the health of the game), it hurts much more than usual.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Build diversity only spplies to non rangers non mesmers XD

It's pretty misguided to see Mesmer players complain about nerfs. No one likes nerfs but there is no way the situation with Mesmers could continue as it was prior to the patch. It's not healthy for the game to have that kind of superstar class exist in the game. Clearly, Anet recognizes that and has recognized that previously as well with the downgrade to PVE ele also. Hey ... people want balance ... this is what balance looks like ... lots of things changing that you don't like being changed.

As for the regular "I'm quitting" people ... whatever.

Simply: Who cares? If someone is so stupid to quit just for a balance patch not liked, then I can't help but feeling glad that I won't risk to find such kind of people in-game anymore.Sadly those "I'm quitting" guys are (most of the times) trolls who write that just for the sake of being salty on forums or if they really quit, they only do so for a few weeks/months at most :/

@RedShark.9548 said:Merciless hammer was just trash. Now its mediocre and still gets outshined by the other 2 options. In what build did you need an obvious power weapon that applied confusion?Even on straight Zerk gear, extra damage is extra damage. They should have just kept the confusion. What was it, 4 stacks for 900 that can be reapplied over and over?Do I even need to mention the hard-ons pure Condi Bowserkers ought to be getting?

Personally, I just like the feedback of generating pink clouds.

Hybrid warrior? Dont make me laughGrieving might want a word with you.

@Scar.1793 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:its tiring.the mes forum is the worst lol. what annoys me about chrono nerfs+qq is that chrono was obviously op.They’ve been op since forever tbh last expacs and especially PoF was the worst with mirage

With Sigil of Inspiration now not effected by concentration, Mirage can support by extending existing boons. Talking about 20k+ dps semi-support, 1 button swap and not messing up rotation (dodge :lol:).

@XenoSpyro.1780 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:Merciless hammer was just trash. Now its mediocre and still gets outshined by the other 2 options. In what build did you need an obvious power weapon that applied confusion?Even on straight Zerk gear, extra damage is extra damage. They should have just kept the confusion. What was it, 4 stacks for 900 that can be reapplied over and over?Do I even need to mention the hard-ons pure Condi Bowserkers ought to be getting?

Personally, I just like the feedback of generating pink clouds.

Hybrid warrior? Dont make me laughGrieving might want a word with you.

The new trait is a straight up buff. More burst/damage for hammer, can't find a reason not to like it even if warrior is not my core main.

• Hammer skills now inflict increased damage on any disabled target, not just those who are dazed, knocked down, launched, or stunned. This trait now grants adrenaline when the warrior disables a foe, regardless of the weapon the warrior wields.

+20% dmg and it works with soft cc (crippled,chilled etc imo) in addition to that, the trait works outside of hammer(multipurpose). :kiss:

Archived