Snowball Mayhem - Joining in Groups

TheGrimm.5624

This comes up every year, but for good reason. As a guild mate put it last night, "Why doesn't ANet want me to play this with people I am grouped with? I wouldn't be playing it if I was solo." Now though I might not agree with the second part it is a song and dance to try and get multiple people into the same instance. In the past some of the reasons that were stated were concerns with people kill trading and farming, but shouldn't fun outweigh the potential for people trying to abuse the instance? So food for future thought from someone that loves Snowball Mayhem, reconsider allowing people to join as a group. Its fun to pelt guild mates with snowballs. Happy icy cheer to all! See you on the ice.

I agree that it was design oversight (or poor decision) to not allow us to group up to join in these types of events.

However, the every year 'no good reason' does have a good reason. Its an allocation of resources. I would rather have them leave resources on new content and the WvW alliance system than revisit this seasonal content and make changes to it. Others may disagree, but, to me, its a good reason.

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:Sorry but there is nothing worse than wasting time in matchup that are being abused so randomising teams for these short term events is a good call imo.

I guess, but last night before reset I wont 10 games straight, almost effortlessly. But now that it's a daily, I can't seem to end up on a winning team. The option to join up with at least a few friends or guild mates would be welcome.

It’s absolutely terrible to have it as daily especially as the daily is win requirement and not just partake in a match. If it was just to partake and complete the match for the daily that would stop all the daily hunters leaving the match as soon as the score is 5-0.

Archived