best way to farm unbound magic?

If you can afford them, when the unbound gathering tools in the gem store are available or the unbound gathering glyphs on the auction house for any existing tools you may have already. Create a new character or go farm for materials needed and you get anywhere from 1 to 3 per gather, it starts to build up quick. I have 100k I nabbed in the last 6 months just with the tools alone.

Your best bet for unbound magic, as Ojimaru pointed out, is Bitterfrost Frontier, but you can also harvest oysters from Siren's Landing as they are in decent quantity as well (but not as much as BFF). Unbound gathering tools will provide a small edge to your process. When you're done with your harvesting track, just consume the berries (and if you ran SL, the oysters as well).

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@Ojimaru.8970 said:Farming Winterberries in Bitterfrost Frontier with multiple characters is the go-to method for accruing Unbound Magic. You get around 70 per character if you buy the Bundles of WInterberries from the Heart Vendors.

ya nice, ty.

??

What do you mean? This is definitely the right answer to your question. I use unlmited unbound gathering tools, and also grab the unbound orbs I see around in Bitterfrost, but berries yield something like 15-25 unbound magic a piece. If you need a lot of it there's no faster way to get it. As he points out you can get around 70 per toon which translates to around 1400 unbound magic per toon, per day.

I bought a scroll for teleporting to Bitterfrost Frontier with my main character (who got there via the Living World story), and used the scroll with each of my alt characters to unlock the waypoint there. Now it's where I go to farm Unbound Magic along with Winterberries. First, I run around the northern forest until I unlock the heart vendor in the Grawl cave, then I buy a couple stacks of gathering tools from the heart vendor in exchange for Karma (along with whatever Winterberry bundle they're offering). Then I run a circle around the forest gathering Winterberries, as well as chopping whatever wood I come across. The gathering tools automatically grant Unbound Magic with harvesting.

Then I go to the central waypoint, and dive into the water and collect all the Unbound Magic bubbles floating in the water down there.

Then I log into an alt - rinse and repeat.

*Ls3 easy daily (Bloodstone fen,Ember bay, Bitterfrost frontier,Siren's Landing) Unbound magic gatherer, event, gather map specific node (like bloodstone node etc ) you will get +1200 unbound magic from this everyday

Bloodstone Fen- Start at Soulkeeper's Airship, drop down and glide, picking up unbound magic, and use the aerial skill #1 on whatever you see. This is worth +3000 karma. then i glide up to the diving spot and dive to get all orbs along the dive part, then i get all nodes in the big cave belowEmber Bay- The Ember Bay daily is also super easy if you have ley-line gliding. Start at the central waypoint, then ley-line glide towards the circus, gathering the magic, then glide over the waypoint and go the other way. This takes less than a minute for 1500 karma.

And i also gather ( like Jungle plant/ wood/ls3 node) while im doing the easiest dailies in some of those maps- heres main route i follow (My Daily Guild Wars 2 Season 3 Route (10,500 Karma in less than 7 minutes) this route also gives most karma/ time when theres no wintersday) =

@Biff.5312 said:

@Ojimaru.8970 said:Farming Winterberries in Bitterfrost Frontier with multiple characters is the go-to method for accruing Unbound Magic. You get around 70 per character if you buy the Bundles of WInterberries from the Heart Vendors.

ya nice, ty.

??

What do you mean? This is definitely the right answer to your question. I use unlmited unbound gathering tools, and also grab the unbound orbs I see around in Bitterfrost, but berries yield something like 15-25 unbound magic a piece. If you need a lot of it there's no faster way to get it. As he points out you can get around 70 per toon which translates to around 1400 unbound magic per toon, per day.

You misread Biff (almost happened to me too).

He didn't say: Ya, nice try.

He said: Ya nice, ty.

There is a difference ;)

On topic: Winterberries are amazing. Gathering tools are also nice but will take a lot longer to get somewhere (and are expensive).

@Zin Dau.1749 said:each zone has one heart NPC that sells unbound tools that provide unbound magic when you gather, mine, forage. also do events, chests, etc.

it's better to save the berries because trinkets also cost berries, and they are harder to farm than unbound magic.

I'm never going to buy the tools off the Gem Store, but this is a nice alternative if you have the karma and the bank space to spare. It's a bit annoying as the tools have half the charges of normal ones, but whenever I complete a heart in Bitterfrost, etc, I load up with a bunch of each and distribute them around. It's nowhere near as effective as buying the Gem Store tools, but it's also free.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...