Other Classes got 10-Target Boons... but we still Spec??

Zoe.8310

I find it rather lopsided and very punishing that other classes got base 10-target boon shares this patch, but we have to spec a GRAND MASTER to do crappy boon extension?

Why was SOI set to 10-target as a base?Why are our teeny-tiny wells still 5-target?

Why is ArenaNet so incredibly inconsistent on what their vision is?

Why are you comparing dissimilar things? The 10-man changes were to made to boons like protection, vigor, regen and stability. And they were given to classes that struggled to secure a single spot for their support in the meta, like Tempest and FB. Important boons like quickness and alacrity are much less accessible, and as a matter of fact, chrono is the exception with Time Warp being 10-man baseline. Renegade has to take a grandmaster trait, too, to make OfA 10-man, and they don't have quickness access like chrono does.

That been said, SoI shouldn't have been made 10-man to begin with. Balancing chrono's boon output around that trait means that squads are forced to stack 2 chronos, further reducing group diversity, and making fractal chrono much worse.

And why are wells 5-man? Are you seriously asking why a single chrono can't stack permanent quickness and alacrity for 10 people? There are no inconsistencies here, the vision is to have FB+Rene compete with chrono, even if the execution has its faults. Your suggestions are in complete opposition to that goal.

@RabbitUp.8294 said:And why are wells 5-man? Are you seriously asking why a single chrono can't stack permanent quickness and alacrity for 10 people? There are no inconsistencies here, the vision is to have FB+Rene compete with chrono, even if the execution has its faults. Your suggestions are in complete opposition to that goal.

Yes I am seriously asking because it is horribly inconsistent that some stuff is 10 and some is 5. This game is so hard to read and interpret because there isn't any consistency to mechanics within a class, across classes, or anything in between.

@borgs.6103 said:Raids were a mistake.

Not according to all of us that love playing them, and spend a good deal of our login hours enjoying that content.

Just because you don't like Raids, doesn't mean that there are players that do. Not every drop of content is targeted at 100% of the playerbase. That's why they make so many different kinds of content for GW2

@Zoe.8310 said:

Not according to all of us that love playing them, and spend a good deal of our login hours enjoying that content.

Just because
you
don't like Raids, doesn't mean that there are players that do. Not every drop of content is targeted at 100% of the playerbase. That's why they make so many different kinds of content for GW2Where in those 4 words did I say
I don't like it
? I'm apathetic towards it. I dipped my toes in it. In fact, I just raided minutes ago. I still think it's a mistake because now, they also have to balance everything for it when it's clear they're already having a hard time balancing the other modes. Before raids, I think it was only Time Warp that had more than 5 targets that mattered. (Warrior Mace 5 for some reason has 6)

@borgs.6103 said:

@Zoe.8310 said:

Just because
you
don't like Raids, doesn't mean that there are players that do. Not every drop of content is targeted at 100% of the playerbase. That's why they make so many different kinds of content for GW2Where in those 4 words did I say
I don't like it
? I'm apathetic towards it. I dipped my toes in it. In fact, I just raided minutes ago. I still think it's a mistake because now, they also have to balance everything for it when it's clear they're already having a hard time balancing the other modes. Before raids, I think it was only Time Warp that had more than 5 targets that mattered. (Warrior Mace 5 for some reason has 6)

I think the bigger issue is that there are SOOOOOooooooo many inconsistencies in the game, alllll over the place.

• Sometimes chests open instantly, sometimes they have a time-to-open
  • Sometimes you phantasm skill is #4, sometimes its #5
  • Sometimes you exit a costume/turret/object with #5...sometimes #6... sometimes #10
  • Some skills affect 5 people... some affect 10
  • Some world bosses have champion title frames, some have custom borderless ones
  • Sometime champions are tougher than legendary mobs
  • Sometimes map portals instantly transfer you, sometimes you press F
  • Some crafting materials stack, some don't
  • Some crafting materials go into storage, some don't
  • etc
  • etc

I feel bad for new players -- it must be just as frustrating as learning a language like English where there are so many exceptions to the rule and so many instances where does doesn't work like it works in so many other places.

@Zoe.8310 said:

@Zoe.8310 said:

Just because
you
I don't like it

I think the bigger issue is that there are SOOOOOooooooo many inconsistencies in the game, alllll over the place.
  • Sometimes you exit a costume/turret/object with #5...sometimes #6... sometimes #10
  • Some world bosses have champion title frames, some have custom borderless ones
  • etc
  • etc

I feel bad for new players -- it must be just as frustrating as learning a language like English where there are so many exceptions to the rule and so many instances where does doesn't work like it works in so many other places.

You know the old adage - "Anet is consistent on being inconsistent."

@Zoe.8310 said:

• etc
  • etc

I feel bad for new players -- it must be just as frustrating as learning a language like English where there are so many exceptions to the rule and so many instances where does doesn't work like it works in so many other places.Honestly, most of these I have hardly even noticed and they are not that big of a deal to most. The only one I really noticed was exiting a transformation is on differently active keys. Press 5, nope, press 0 or 6.

@RabbitUp.8294 said:

@Zoe.8310 said:

Two-handed weapons have it on #4, off-hands have it on #5.

Yep and your clone generator skill is usually on the #2 skill of all weapons, the exception is mainhand sword.

(Also underwater sets are terribly inconsistent btw but lets just forget about those weapons)

Because Veil has a cap limit.Because you need to trait Portal to be used by more than 5 people.Because you need to trait Time Wrap so it affects 10 people.Because you need to trait Mass Invisibility so it affects 10 people.Because Mesmer is the only profession requiring a Grand Master trait to have support to 10 people. Renegades have base 10 people Alacrity and Heralds have base 10 people Facets.Because this is the first time Anet puts 10 people cap in support skills by default, Warrior banners and Ranger Spirits affect 10 people since ever.

Because it is easier to come to the forum to cry instead of getting the whole picture and the facts right.

@"Ansau.7326" said:Because Veil has a cap limit.Because you need to trait Portal to be used by more than 5 people.Because you need to trait Time Wrap so it affects 10 people.Because you need to trait Mass Invisibility so it affects 10 people.Because Mesmer is the only profession requiring a Grand Master trait to have support to 10 people. Renegades have base 10 people Alacrity and Heralds have base 10 people Facets.Because this is the first time Anet puts 10 people cap in support skills by default, Warrior banners and Ranger Spirits affect 10 people since ever.

Because it is easier to come to the forum to cry instead of getting the whole picture and the facts right.

https://media.giphy.com/media/1Z02vuppxP1Pa/giphy.gif

• 3 weeks later...

@"Ansau.7326" said:Because Veil has a cap limit.Because you need to trait Portal to be used by more than 5 people.Because you need to trait Time Wrap so it affects 10 people.Because you need to trait Mass Invisibility so it affects 10 people.Because Mesmer is the only profession requiring a Grand Master trait to have support to 10 people. Renegades have base 10 people Alacrity and Heralds have base 10 people Facets.Because this is the first time Anet puts 10 people cap in support skills by default, Warrior banners and Ranger Spirits affect 10 people since ever.

I am not just "coming to cry" -- I am pointing out that the more inconsistent a game is, the muddier it is to play, to learn, to watch, etc.When mechanics are clean and consistent, every facet of enjoyment goes up. People work together better. People enjoy systems better. People are more willing to branch out to other roles.

When you clutter everything with edge cases , exceptions, and excessive permutations, you stifle people's desire to master the full meta because it's too arduous to memorize all these one-off things they flood you with.

@Ansau.7326 said:Because Veil has a cap limit.Because you need to trait Portal to be used by more than 5 people.Because you need to trait Time Wrap so it affects 10 people.Because you need to trait Mass Invisibility so it affects 10 people.Because Mesmer is the only profession requiring a Grand Master trait to have support to 10 people. Renegades have base 10 people Alacrity and Heralds have base 10 people Facets.Because this is the first time Anet puts 10 people cap in support skills by default, Warrior banners and Ranger Spirits affect 10 people since ever.

As a revenant main, I know for absolute certainty that both herald and renegade have to use a GM trait to provide 10-man boons. Most of this is simply not true, except maybe the last two pointsOf course this could be satire and I totally missed it

@Robertdebrus.7184 said:

@Ansau.7326 said:Because Veil has a cap limit.Because you need to trait Portal to be used by more than 5 people.Because you need to trait Time Wrap so it affects 10 people.Because you need to trait Mass Invisibility so it affects 10 people.Because Mesmer is the only profession requiring a Grand Master trait to have support to 10 people. Renegades have base 10 people Alacrity and Heralds have base 10 people Facets.Because this is the first time Anet puts 10 people cap in support skills by default, Warrior banners and Ranger Spirits affect 10 people since ever.

As a revenant main, I know for absolute certainty that both herald and renegade have to use a GM trait to provide 10-man boons. Most of this is simply not true, except maybe the last two pointsOf course this could be satire and I totally missed it

You missed the sarcasm.

Archived