Hope those people can keep laughing after learning they start having difficulty in killing bosses

EnidLarr.1478

Boonsharing is so important when you are in end game contents for example Raids and Fractals. It speeds up the boss killing drastically by speeding up your attacks and recharging and the most important is to keep you alive by sending out aegis to the group. I mainly play spellbreaker even I first geared up my chrono but I know how that works and why I easily can reach to 6 digits on bosses. End game contents aren't just like map metas and pvp or wvw, I meant pve end game like raids and fractals and dungeons.

@EnidLarr.1478 said:Boonsharing is so important when you are in end game contents for example Raids and Fractals. It speeds up the boss killing drastically by speeding up your attacks and recharging and the most important is to keep you alive by sending out aegis to the group. I mainly play spellbreaker even I first geared up my chrono but I know how that works and why I easily can reach to 6 digits on bosses. End game contents aren't just like map metas and pvp or wvw, I meant pve end game like raids and fractals and dungeons.You can still do everything you just mentioned, but harder to pull off. Lesser Chaos Storm on healing and Chaos Storm on staff will randomly proc aegis on allies and it lasts long enough and ticks enough you can stack it or get it. They become AoE specific though. Extend with Signet of Inspiration. With Well of Recall and Well of Action and Signet of Inspiration you can apply 15 seconds of alacrity/quickness. With 100% alacrity up time on Chrono that means you can do that every 20 seconds. Elongated with Continuum Split usage. The well mechanics make it hard to spread the boons due to size and having a 3 second delay. However, you can still have rather high up time on alacrity and quickness and other boons, but with far less ease and fewer players. Quickness is easier with time warp.

Actually, boonsharing pretty much trivialized instanced group content. It always seemed ridiculous that the investment a team needed to get such a massive boost in performance was ONE class. What is clear from this patch; Anet does not want to promote the philosophy that you can do content as long as you have pocket classes available.

I'm glad someone said this. Chrono was broken to the extent that the whole meta scene was basically built up around one signet and one trait and everyone else in the squad was disposable. That should never have been the case.

Some of the other mesmer changes were a bit heavy handed, but the tank with the game's biggest barbreaker who also generates all the boons, trivially, for everyone, repeatedly and constantly, was clearly not something that was working as intended. It had a hard rotation of to pick up at times and there were some skilled players, but it had become a vending machine for boons within the community due to an oversight.

Easy mode has been removed.

@Gulbasaur.1865 said:I'm glad someone said this. Chrono was broken to the extent that the whole meta scene was basically built up around one signet and one trait and everyone else in the squad was disposable. That should never have been the case.

Some of the other mesmer changes were a bit heavy handed, but the tank with the game's biggest barbreaker who also generates all the boons, trivially, for everyone, repeatedly and constantly, was clearly not something that was working as intended. It had a hard rotation of to pick up at times and there were some skilled players, but it had become a vending machine for boons within the community due to an oversight.

Easy mode has been removed.

what you call disposable, i call free to play what i want.

@Safandula.8723 said:

@Blue.1207 said:Did a full W1-5 clear and CM's today. Same comps as always, nothing changed, nothing lacking, nothing missing. Ez game. Mes still beyond meta.

now try doing fotm CM's. gl

Even if it was true (it's not) that you NEEDED a boonshare mesmer to complete fotm CM's .. that would only make the case for nerfing boonshare mesmer even STRONGER than it is now. There is something REALLY wrong in a game where everything but one class becomes inconsequential in group content. If people can't see that situation is broken AF, then you need to give your head a shake.

@vuanh.7014 said:With chronos, we could have make thing smoother for new people. Now, only high skill players are good with change. New players will soon quitting raids.

That's just speculation. Chrono is still as desirable as it ever was. Fearmongering won't get this discussion anywhere. If anything, I think raids will gain new players if more classes get a broader range of abilities and effects to benefit their teams.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Blue.1207 said:Did a full W1-5 clear and CM's today. Same comps as always, nothing changed, nothing lacking, nothing missing. Ez game. Mes still beyond meta.

now try doing fotm CM's. gl

Even if it was true (it's not) that you NEEDED a boonshare mesmer to complete fotm CM's .. that would only make the case for nerfing boonshare mesmer even STRONGER than it is now. There is something REALLY wrong in a game where everything but one class becomes inconsequential in group content. If people can't see that situation is broken AF, then you need to give your head a shake.

I agree chrono was op and deserved some nerf. but from sharing all boons, we got chrono that share only 2. I dont want them all, i just want stab.Its just a matter of time, when ppl will get new meta comp for fotms, and nothing will change. not sure if its fb rev, or fb chrono, but it doesnt rly change to much. u need ala, quickness, fury, might and stab. the main problem with sharing stab atm, is that u need to extend duration of 1 stack coming from spirit of nature. which doesnt have 100% uptime, so u need to time it rly good, or be lucky.right now, anet gave only 1 additional quickness stacker which is FB ( its pof spec, why am i not amazed), ill be fine if they give more possibilities, as they told they want to do.We need more time to see how meta stabilizes, but it will be the same shit. LF X, Y, Z, 2x dps (while X, Y, Z=constant) EDIT: (SPOILER: Z will be bs)

We can speculate all we want about how we think the meta will be the same thing as it is now. There isn't much value in doing that though. What I can say is that the situation we had prior to the patch was unacceptable and now we not only see anet taking steps to fix that, they are dropping hints about the future of boons and their durations in other threads as well. I'm looking forward to see how they un screw up the current situation, even if that means it's just a different kind of screwed up.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@vuanh.7014 said:With chronos, we could have make thing smoother for new people. Now, only high skill players are good with change. New players will soon quitting raids.

That's just speculation. Chrono is still as desirable as it ever was. Fearmongering won't get this discussion anywhere. If anything, I think raids will gain new players if more classes get a broader range of abilities and effects to benefit their teams.

I give you 1 example which was real. We did W4 training, only 2 chronos and 1 druid were exp. 4 new dps, they were pulling like 8-9k on Sam. It was thanks to chronos MoA and stability, boons that kept them from flying over the place or die. We managed to kill the boss just by the enrage time. So now, it would be impossible now since newbie cant help much on CC, they would have to concentrating on rotation and mechanics. lots of chronos boons helped them alive which they didnt know.It will be come very hard for trainning groups after this patch.

Sure, 1 real example. Not debating that's your experience, but it's not indicative of everyone else's experience and it doesn't change what I said; boon share isn't coming back because content gets harder. The fact remains that even WITHOUT boonshare, people want mesmers on their teams. If people have difficulty and start losing because of this, they probably shouldn't have been winning to begin with.

it’s all about ego and salty.. a lot of these anti chrono players were salty at some point and their ego got hurt.... they wanted chrono nerf without thinking about the impact to the entire play community that benefit from chrono sharing booms in raids and fractals... just human nature for some to care about their own selves than greater community

Right, because wanting a balanced game where all roles can be filled by multiple classes and combos is being satly and ego centric.I don't want Chrono nerfed into the ground. I want it to remain viable and usable and fun to play for all people involved. I also want it to be possible to replace Chrono with another class, or combination of classes that allow other people who may not like playing Chrono, but would like to play in the boon supportive role to be able to do so without having to knowing gut there team to do so. Much like the way Ele was nerfed so that other DPS classes could also play in the raids. Much like the way Druid was nerfed so that other Healer classes could also play in raids.

I hoping what comes of this is that it will be possible for two completely different compositions to be able to provide all the needed boons and preform all the required mechanics without any one group wishing they had the comp of the other.For example.2x Fb , 1 Rene DPS and 2x Chrono, Druid + DPS.

There are many people I know that stopped playing raids for the sole fact they were constantly asked to play Chrono because they could play it well. They got sick of it because they felt like they couldn't play any other class but couldn't due to the fact that Chrono has been mandatory for majority of groups for so long. Much like I stopped playing when Ele was the only DPS that was taken because I was bored of just playing Ele. I prefered playing my Theif, my Guardian. It got stale, the same class doing the same thing week in week out. at least now I can change it up by playing Theif one time, Ele another, maybe I'd like to try and see how FB fairs against a partiuclar boss.

Even in support, tho a lot more rigid I can play Engi, Tempest, FB, Druid even Scourge. A mostly coined selfish class that has a support spec.

Just now its Chronos turn to be brought down and balanced much like Ele and Druid. I just hope that they continue to work on it and make it fun for those that no longer find fun in the class.

@vuanh.7014 said:

I give you 1 example which was real. We did W4 training, only 2 chronos and 1 druid were exp. 4 new dps, they were pulling like 8-9k on Sam. It was thanks to chronos MoA and stability, boons that kept them from flying over the place or die. We managed to kill the boss just by the enrage time. So now, it would be impossible now since newbie cant help much on CC, they would have to concentrating on rotation and mechanics. lots of chronos boons helped them alive which they didnt know.It will be come very hard for trainning groups after this patch.

Bring " 2 boon spam FB, 1 heal renegade, 1 power chrono for additional boons/other stuff or dps slb with spirit" , problem solved

@Morte de Angelis.7986 said:Right, because wanting a balanced game where all roles can be filled by multiple classes and combos is being satly and ego centric.

That's ironic, coming from someone that clearly has a problem with Chrono losing some of its role so some other classes can fill in that void. I mean, Anet straight up told us that's why boonsharing is kaput, you come here supposedly promoting a balanced game where multiple classes having roles ... by complaining SOME of the capability that prevents that inclusiveness is being removed from Chrono? That's awesome.

@vuanh.7014 said:

So a group that shouldn't yet be able to beat that boss, as they are clearly not skilled enough, got carried by a completely broken OP spec, which is now not quite possible anymore, and they have to improve and play at a somewhat reasonable level to beat the hardest content in the game?How is this a problem or bad thing?

If anything this is the best argument to nerf chrono that I've heard yet.If people don't know their rotation, don't know how to dodge, don't know the mechanics, don't know their class or understand the concept of breakbars and CC, can beat Raid bosses, then it's ridiculous that a single elite spec could just carry people almost singlehandedly for 3 years though endgame content.

It's about time Anet is getting around to fix this mess.

If someone quits Raids because they can't be carried through everything on their first few tries, I imagine they wouldn't have stuck around for long anyway.At which point does that motivate to self improve and feel valued in your contribution to the team in success?

It is still viable. Experianced groups will not have a problem. It is even possible to get higher dps numbers as a chrono because 100 percent boon duration is not needed. Problems comes for less experianced players. If party is not stacking then they will not get boons. If someone got ported on cairn and miss one well or tides of time then they need to w8 maybe even 20 seconds before they will get quickness and alacrity again. Fights with cc phases are also harder because chrono lost more then 1000 breakbar damage on some bosses. Overall chrono is fine but everyone else is not. Many dps specs got nerfed because they dont have same amout of boons, with less then perfect stacking you will not get any boons and if dps players dont cc then they will not break the bar. With this change raids got significantly harder

Archived