Is damage too high? - Page 3 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Is damage too high?

13>

Comments

• Damage output is too high.

What kind of question is this? Of course it's too high! Those who say it's fine or low simply put, did not play spvp pre-expansions. If they did play pre-expansions....well....I would like to have whatever it is they're smoking! As a 6-year veteran, yeah it's too high. Powercreep has infested pvp. Damage and defense is way too over the top thanks to elite specs. I'm way past the point when to suggest things need to merely 'tinkered' with. pvp needs RADICAL changes. A radical redesign and restructuring of elite specs is a good start.

• Highlie.7641Highlie.7641 Member ✭✭✭

Well when they have to remove tanky amulet's because the balance team is to lazy to do there job, this is what happens. don't give the Spvp team kitten though. at least they TRIED unlike the balance team who could of fixed the problem and targeted the outliners defense / sustain.

• ZeftheWicked.3076ZeftheWicked.3076 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 15, 2019

A power mesmer can delete an paladin amulet necro in one go with shatter from stealth. So yes, it's too high. And no, dodging is not the answer, because you have no way of knowing if he'll actually do it. He may well just try to bait dodges out before real thing, and you have no way to see what's up and counterplay that. A profession should not be able to solo delete a tanky amulet necro in under a second. Literally.

Wowow an overwhelming votes for damage being to high. Let see when it will change. I say it wont ever. Its either bunker meta or dps meta no inbetween or we have it already.
    Personally i rather this burst meta then the ladder.

• MyPuppy.8970MyPuppy.8970 Member ✭✭✭✭

Damage was definitely too high. They wouldn't have continuously nerfed ele damage on several skills/traits if this wasn't the case. Now eles can't oneshot people with Earthen Blast anymore.

• apharma.3741apharma.3741 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Damage output is too high.

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:
    Wowow an overwhelming votes for damage being to high. Let see when it will change. I say it wont ever. Its either bunker meta or dps meta no inbetween or we have it already.
    Personally i rather this burst meta then the ladder.

I mean the idea of this poll was to give the devs clear cut feedback about how people feel about the state of the game and the damage unmired by the usual bickering that usually happens. Hopefully @Ben Phongluangtham.1065 and other devs are keeping an eye on it at this many vote. A red post might be nice to get people to vote :)

To much dmg with to less defense to recompesate, and if there is is op (via mirage).
    And this problem grows with bad system we have, jsut to not copy Gw1:

Gw1= had low personal dmg, over that we had healers, but dmg overal on team was enough to kill target. Then we been blessed with protection monks that block this dmg via Protective spirit (you cant lose more than 10%hp per skill) so then we had mesmers/and iterruption to counter this. More or less game was balanced around GROUP of 6-8ppl. IE you work with group to utilise skill/dmg/support

Gw2= we have overrun dmg on every profession so we can 1n1 any1, so if we add group fight up to this its GG. Over that only defense is dodge and skill to remove CC/slows taht are very limited to use, so you are dead in seconds. Or Eaten alive by conditions . Even if we try utilise group there is too much dmg overall.

So yea GW2 is all about dmg , there is no real mitigation, or any strategy to counter. IF you change to counter condition you sacriface defense, and if defense you get destroyed by condition. We can call it rock/paper/scissor but it only will blackout problems not solve it.

I think Anet should change numbers for only PVP to put more strategy to it. But overal i think the Traits system need be revamped for all profession in PVP as now its an uncontrolled mess.

• MyPuppy.8970MyPuppy.8970 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 17, 2019

The only solution is to buff ele damage.

Edit: not increasing numbers, just make stuffs hit.

• Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 17, 2019

imo i think some classes m8 have easy access to high damage gimmick with poor trade offs, wich end in low skills easy to perform gimmicks, and some can do it with unblockables.

Overformance should not be alowed to perform alone but in team work, due lack of decent skill design, ended in gimmick rotations or builds being used like almost one shot 1 player trough a well timed block, or have like 10sec of unblockables while theres almost none to counter it besides 2 dodges and 1 blind.

Some builds m8 needed to get more demanding effort from the player or more combat mechaniccs need to apear over time.

• Watch Rom rant about current state, boonbeast, mirage, how trash balance is compared to before when we actually had VIEWERSHIP.

• Arheundel.6451Arheundel.6451 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Damage output is fine.

@BlackTruth.6813 said:

Watch Rom rant about current state, boonbeast, mirage, how trash balance is compared to before when we actually had VIEWERSHIP.

At what time in the video, mate?

-A wise man once said- "Fight cheese with cheese or be cheesed in return, mind not those who will accuse you of being a cheese as they like cheese themselves"

• Arheundel.6451Arheundel.6451 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Damage output is fine.

@JTGuevara.9018 said:
    What kind of question is this? Of course it's too high! Those who say it's fine or low simply put, did not play spvp pre-expansions. If they did play pre-expansions....well....I would like to have whatever it is they're smoking! As a 6-year veteran, yeah it's too high. Powercreep has infested pvp. Damage and defense is way too over the top thanks to elite specs. I'm way past the point when to suggest things need to merely 'tinkered' with. pvp needs RADICAL changes. A radical redesign and restructuring of elite specs is a good start.

You will simply switch targets with your complaints once ( in case ) they nerf dmg, you would switch complaints to sustain builds claiming the sustain is too high so must be nerfed....then the devs buff dmg first then nerf sustain and once again you start whining about dmg...a never ending circle.

The truth is the GW2 community at large fail (at their leasure) to recognise all types of damage builds and sustain, they will instead try to get nerfs on particular classes/builds while saving their own and further promoting their own agenda. wanna an example?

In the past , the "honest" players complained about healing from ele or should we say the sustain was too high on ele but correctly looking at the bigger picture we see that the term sustain includes all sort of defenses/kiting not just the heal burst of a single class and what I mean by that?

I mean stuff like this https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Monk's_Focus , a player using a DPS amulet is able to heal as much as an ele player actually using a healing amulet, this trait should have been nerfed years ago, its base healing should have been halved at the very least while increasing its healing coefficient..like it's for ele ..that's what balance is all about : trade offs - you do DPS but die easy, you go bruiser don't do enough dmg but have more sustain etc etc etc.........something like current core guardian is an abomination

And Monk's focus is not really the only outlier, we have also https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Might_Makes_Right and there are others also, traits providing too much sustain for the actual investment required which allow the creation of easy mode gimmicks .

Where am I going with all this talk?.....class bias and lack of objectivity

-Who does too much dmg?
    -How do they reach such dmg?
    -What do they sacrifice for their dmg?

I often see mesmers and rangers mentioned in this thread...sarcasm on.like warrior , guardian and engineer are totally fine with their dmg to sustain ratio sarcasm off, when the truth is that rangers and mesmers are the ones sacrificing the most sustain out of all current meta builds if they want to do serious power damage.

As I mentioned in another thread, the GW2 community is too biased to be taken seriously with their nerf threads

-A wise man once said- "Fight cheese with cheese or be cheesed in return, mind not those who will accuse you of being a cheese as they like cheese themselves"

• Vieux P.1238Vieux P.1238 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 17, 2019

If Anet ever decides to adjust Damage output. They gonna have to adjust as well heals & regens & sustains. Or your gonna get prevalent unbalance builds that's gonna be more of a snooze fest. Can you spell immortal ?

Winter Nerf is coming!

• Master Ketsu.4569Master Ketsu.4569 Member ✭✭✭✭

This poll is missing a crucial option. Which is that damage is fine in sPvP but too high in WvW.

13>
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.