Thief for Matthias and Mursaat Overseer

With the changes to Chrono and the main problem of getting Boons on to people to extend them, rather then copy them, I remembered that during Matthias and Mursaat Overseer the boss specific stolen skill is Detonate Plasma ( https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Detonate_Plasma ) which gives all boons, bar alacrity, to 10 targets at 600 range.

Which the Chrono changes would anyone consider taking a Daredevil for Matthias even if it was for the sheer purpose of having easy access to all these boons (even hard to get ones like resistance) and be able to upkeep these boons without the Quickness Well (for feedback) even if it meant taking something like Improvisation ( https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Improvisation ) and possibly some boon duration.

Its an extremely niche build that would only really work for 2 bosses, but it helps Chrono's massively by being able to provide so many boons (with decent duration) to everyone to augment Signet of Inspiration. A Druid might still need to be taken for Might (keeping up 25 might with this alone might prove tricky).

Any thoughts?

Power and condi Daredevil are good on MO and Matt respectively.I don't think a special comp for those two bosses with a Boon Thief is strictly necessary.

For general purpose, I think you will still run 2 Chrono + Druid, or maybe now more widely accepted, 2 FB + Renegade, or whatever else people come up with.With a static, that's certainly something you can try though, especially if you are on your Thief already anyway.Probably wouldn't commit as much to it with boon duration etc, and still focus on providing DPS mainly.Improvisation might be reasonable to slot it, but again, I don't think it will be necessary. Might be fun though.

@Asum.4960 said:Power and condi Daredevil are good on MO and Matt respectively.I don't think a special comp for those two bosses with a Boon Thief is strictly necessary.

For general purpose, I think you will still run 2 Chrono + Druid, or maybe now more widely accepted, 2 FB + Renegade, or whatever else people come up with.With a static, that's certainly something you can try though, especially if you are on your Thief already anyway.Probably wouldn't commit as much to it with boon duration etc, and still focus on providing DPS mainly.

You can still run 2 Chrono + Druid with Theif, the Theif would most likely take a DPS Slot as a DPS / Support Hybrid. Currently trying to run numbers to see how much Boon Duration is needed with two SoI to upkeep the quickness, as you'll still need to bring Feedback, as on Matt you have to lose a well for reflects. You don't need to go hard and bring a Quickness FB if you've already got Chrono. Would something like a Theif be a better fit then using a Rev for Alacrity and dropping the Alacrity well?

@Morte de Angelis.7986 said:

@Asum.4960 said:Power and condi Daredevil are good on MO and Matt respectively.I don't think a special comp for those two bosses with a Boon Thief is strictly necessary.

For general purpose, I think you will still run 2 Chrono + Druid, or maybe now more widely accepted, 2 FB + Renegade, or whatever else people come up with.With a static, that's certainly something you can try though, especially if you are on your Thief already anyway.Probably wouldn't commit as much to it with boon duration etc, and still focus on providing DPS mainly.

You can still run 2 Chrono + Druid with Theif, the Theif would most likely take a DPS Slot as a DPS / Support Hybrid. Currently trying to run numbers to see how much Boon Duration is needed with two SoI to upkeep the quickness, as you'll still need to bring Feedback, as on Matt you have to lose a well for reflects. You don't need to go hard and bring a Quickness FB if you've already got Chrono. Would something like a Theif be a better fit then using a Rev for Alacrity and dropping the Alacrity well?

Mirage should take the feedback.

@Morte de Angelis.7986 said:

Feedback on Matt is usually the Mirage DPS job.2FB + Ren would be to replace Chrono + Druid, not add to them.

Yeah, I understand your Idea of adding the Thief to the existing comp, that's what I meant as well, I'm just not sure if it's necessary/ends up being a DPS gain over Chronos still just keeping up Quickness and Alacrity with 6 full dps.

Archived