Can we just accept.changes and move on

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Laila Lightness.8742 said:So much negativity about balance patch chrono finally got nerfed wich opened up for new classes to do role

No its the opposite the details are not out yet the new meta will be much more closed which is to come.

In wwv its already clear in a 50er Zerg we have now only 5 optional slots left , before we had 10 and before the last spellbreaker patch we had 15

In fractals which combo it will make isn't clear but all of them have 0 optional slots in every combination and with 50% chance eles are out as well there weavers are 100% out.(brings 0 boons and not playable with out good boon support)

In raids which is the most fuzzy had 5-6 optional slots for optional dps after this 2 , maybeeee 3 ?

This is insane and its really puts the community into a frenzy

@Laila Lightness.8742 said:So much negativity about balance patch chrono finally got nerfed wich opened up for new classes to do roleExcept it really didn't open anything.

Out of curiosity, which class do you run that's so bad you feel can't really be buffed into usability and the only option of it being taken is for chrono to be nerfed out of the meta?

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Laila Lightness.8742 said:So much negativity about balance patch chrono finally got nerfed wich opened up for new classes to do roleExcept it really didn't open anything.

Out of curiosity, which class do you run that's so bad you feel can't really be buffed into usability and the only option of it being taken is for chrono to be nerfed out of the meta?

I play power holo. Just trying to be posetive

@Linebreaker.7904 said:Before you are done, maybe wait for the storm to blow over and see what Snowcrows, metabattle etc come up with for rotation/build on chronos and the other classes.Oh, i have some idea already. It's chewing gum and ducttape, but it holds... sort of. Yet we were already warned that more changes are incoming in new year, and we should be prepared for more regearing (which, at the current state, for chrono will probably mean gearing a diffrent class).

@"Laila Lightness.8742" said:So much negativity about balance patch chrono finally got nerfed wich opened up for new classes to do role

"opened up for new classes to do role" and opened up a spot in a 5/10 man group are very different things. Exactly which profession / elite do you feel can now step in and do what Chrono did prior to the patch?

Soooo here's the thing that everyone who doesn't actually play raid seems to not be realizing:Double chrono is still the only way to give the whole squad 100% uptime on quickness and alacrity. The next best alternative hasn't even changed in this patch - it still takes 3 slots to do it with renegade + double firebrand. All the patch accomplished was making chrono feel worse to play, as the new SoI feels... clunky at best. :/

Same goes for fractals, where chrono's spot is still uncontested but now they have half the CC, playing them is more of a chore, and missing a well can be a death sentence for your DPS.

Its just not chrono is all classes and there good reason for ppl to say that its not been good updates. That or ppl just simply quit the game to show they are unhappy with the updates what is better? Do you want the player base to talk about the problems are act on them? I am all for a mail in where we start setting letters to anet about the problems in the game and there updates.

@Nurgle.6597 said:No we can't. I spent over 200g gearing up my mesmer to be a boon support just a few weeks ago and now it's useless

Welcome to RPGMMOs where gearing, regearing and enchanting the gear is what we do, even if game has no 'gearmill'.> @Laila Lightness.8742 said:

So much negativity about balance patch chrono finally got nerfed wich opened up for new classes to do role

I'll accept changes when reapers hits minimum 32k damage by the book.

This balance patch looks more of 'guys your HoT classes need a rest'

@Shagaliscious.6281 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:Mesmer and Engi got removed from the WvW Meta.

Nice patch indeed.

Its even more scourge + Firebrand only.

Awesome

Did Scrapper get nerfed that bad? Apologize for ignorance, I don't play Scrapper, but their superspeed is oh so nice.

Super speed fields got removed. We got a nice 10% extra damage while we are under stability though which I'm sure the 0.5 scrappers in raids love.

Of course we can accept the changes and move on. I have already did that. I "moved on" and will never look back again.

I have never played GW1, but started this game as soon as it was released. Played thousands of hours, completed maps with several characters, tried to learn both the lore and the in-game characters, crafted seven legendary weapons, did almost everything in the game. The more I have tried to commit myself to this game, the more the developers focused on killing the joy. I do not want to be an object (not subject) of this one-sided decision-making mechanism anymore. "Hello, we have brought these changes without asking you or even testing with you; and you have to obey our rules." No thank you, I will pass. I quit.

There are many things to say about how this game is managed but it is not worth writing. Please, keep up with what the developers dictated you and "move on".

Ah, almost forgot. Yeah, Merry Wintersday!

@miriforst.1290 said:

@"DanAlcedo.3281" said:Mesmer and Engi got removed from the WvW Meta.

Nice patch indeed.

Its even more scourge + Firebrand only.

Awesome

Did Scrapper get nerfed that bad? Apologize for ignorance, I don't play Scrapper, but their superspeed is oh so nice.

Super speed fields got removed. We got a nice 10% extra damage while we are under stability though which I'm sure the 0.5 scrappers in raids love.

So ANET basically pulled a "Hey Scrappers you are now actually wanted in WVW, annnnddddd it's gone"

@Laila Lightness.8742 said:So much negativity about balance patch chrono finally got nerfed wich opened up for new classes to do role

Chrono didnt get nerfed it got fixed. Big difference. Most people are mad because they just realized that they arent as great as they thought. Maybe if people sat down and read all the patch notes they would realize, oh shit i can use this for this and that for that. You can still use chrono. Just like you can use any class. Its more of a mechanics issue and people just cant cope. And for all those who threaten to quit, who cares, you are in the minority. Remember that.

Archived