we are in danger of being wiped out from PvE

alejandro.2093

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/63014/a-note-on-future-boon-direction/p1

according to the new dev post,

they are planning to give professions more potent boon to each support profession, because they don't want a single profession to have it all eg chaos boon mesmers

once everything is laid out next year....

Do we as thieves even give out boon unique enough to warrant us joining high end PvE (raids)

as of now we are wanted because of our easy and high DPS output, but when uniqueness of boon update is here, we are not going to offer anything to the group

i preemptively suggest that we as thieves will get access to boonshare might fury and quickness once the update comes

Well, we get boonshare might and fury already, pretty much permanently with DE. If other classes (namely ranger and warrior) get reduced access to might in the next set of changes, we may be needed just to round out coverage on that while also providing DPS. It's hard to say anything before we see how all the pieces fit together though, I'd say wait and see what they do end up changing.

You need to apply a bit of common sense to your interpretation from the dev's statement.

Just because they're aiming to have certain professions specialize in providing certain boons does not mean that every profession needs to provide a boon to be viable.

There will always be a certain degree of overlap with boon application and you won't necessarily need everyone in the group bringing boons in order for a group to be viable. Some classes will still do more DPS than support-driven, boon applying builds and there are still other types of utility that can be brought to a group outside of boons (stealth, boon strip, break bar, blinds, vuln, etc.)

Saying that thieves will be "wiped out from PvE" based on this statement is akin to playing chicken little and crying that the sky is falling. Get a grip.

Bloody hell i just read it.Guys it doesnt mean they want to adjust boon share on the support classes they want all classes to be able to be support which means since thief isnt support they want to give us supportDAMN ITthat's it if they make next espec of a thief suport i straight up quit.this is the worst news i could recieve today congratz

@Jack Redline.5379 said:Bloody hell i just read it.Guys it doesnt mean they want to adjust boon share on the support classes they want all classes to be able to be support which means since thief isnt support they want to give us supportkitten ITthat's it if they make next espec of a thief suport i straight up quit.this is the worst news i could recieve today congratz

DE is already somewhat of a support spec thought, it can share tons of boons. Thought it cannot reliably heal outside of traited venoms.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@"Jack Redline.5379" said:Bloody hell i just read it.Guys it doesnt mean they want to adjust boon share on the support classes they want all classes to be able to be support which means since thief isnt support they want to give us supportkitten ITthat's it if they make next espec of a thief suport i straight up quit.this is the worst news i could recieve today congratz

DE is already somewhat of a support spec thought, it can share tons of boons. Thought it cannot reliably heal outside of traited venoms.

DE can only share might and fury through https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fire_for_Effect

and trickery trait line can be used, but not utilized in high end PvE (Raids and fractals)

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:A prelude to the next Elite Specialization/Expansion. Support Elite Spec is welcome.

ahahha that's what I'm expecting a healing elite spec, but i cant imagine how, since none of our core trait lines offer strong healing support

@"Oldgrimm.8521" said:

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:A prelude to the next Elite Specialization/Expansion. Support Elite Spec is welcome.

ahahha that's what I'm expecting a healing elite spec, but i cant imagine how, since none of our core trait lines offer strong healing support

It doesn't have to be healing though. They can easily add new boons for the next expac. Boons similar to Instant Reflexes and Super Speed would be nice. Or we can grant a boon that trigger on dodge which removes conditions similar to RoI. The possibility is endless.

@"Oldgrimm.8521" said:

@"Jack Redline.5379" said:Bloody hell i just read it.Guys it doesnt mean they want to adjust boon share on the support classes they want all classes to be able to be support which means since thief isnt support they want to give us supportkitten ITthat's it if they make next espec of a thief suport i straight up quit.this is the worst news i could recieve today congratz

DE can only share might and fury through

and trickery trait line can be used, but not utilized in high end PvE (Raids and fractals)

If you focus on support there is no "trickery cannot be used in high end PvE".Anyway, that's might and fury on 10 player added to whatever boon the bundle stealed give. And on up to 5 allies you can add some more might, fury, vigor and swiftness plus life steal from venom and conditions output from venoms.

DE can perfectly perma fury/swiftness/vigor in fractal for your group and add to it a good amount of might. Additionnally, in raid some raids boss grant you detonate plasma which allow you share sh*tload of boons to the whole raid. You also can't exclude support throught stealth nor throught blast finishers. You could say that the venoms are icing on the cake.

Seriously if you set your mind in support you can achieve some pretty good result as a DE.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@"Oldgrimm.8521" said:

If you focus on support there is no "trickery cannot be used in high end PvE".Anyway, that's might and fury on 10 player added to whatever boon the bundle stealed give. And on up to 5 allies you can add some more might, fury, vigor and swiftness plus life steal from venom and conditions output from venoms.

DE can perfectly perma fury/swiftness/vigor in fractal for your group and add to it a good amount of might. Additionnally, in raid some raids boss grant you
detonate plasma
which allow you share sh*tload of boons to the whole raid. You also can't exclude support throught stealth nor throught blast finishers. You could say that the venoms are icing on the cake.

Seriously if you set your mind in support you can achieve some pretty good result as a DE.

as far as i remember, you cant access detonate plasma with DE, since our stolen boons in DE is different from core. please correct me if im wrong

and if we are trying to execute the idea that you have, the support role that is actuated in

Shadow arts, trickery and DE. i think other classes can do it better without sacrificing potential DPS

@"Oldgrimm.8521" said:

@"Oldgrimm.8521" said:

DE can perfectly perma fury/swiftness/vigor in fractal for your group and add to it a good amount of might. Additionnally, in raid some raids boss grant you
detonate plasma
which allow you share sh*tload of boons to the whole raid. You also can't exclude support throught stealth nor throught blast finishers. You could say that the venoms are icing on the cake.

as far as i remember, you cant access detonate plasma with DE, since our stolen boons in DE is different from core. please correct me if im wrong

and if we are trying to execute the idea that you have, the support role that is actuated in

Shadow arts, trickery and DE. i think other classes can do it better without sacrificing potential DPS

No, but deadeye can share might, fury, vigor and swiftness in pretty high quantities. Not the most useful boons, sure, but depending on how they limit other classes we may still have a niche. No reason to panic about us giving limited boons until we see what the others get limited to.

More importantly, we already currently have the highest single target damage in the game on Rifle Deadeye, even with the current low-ish boon count from allies due to how Maleficent Seven maintains self boons.

Unless they gut that trait (dear god please dont ...) Rifle DE should continue to be in a solid place for those who are good enough to use it. Bench is currently 40.5k.

Daredevil is still doing quite decent as well in its benches, especially if next patch brings some more reliable vigor sources.

Archived