Dungeons Poll — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Dungeons Poll

UnbentMars.9126UnbentMars.9126 Member ✭✭✭
edited September 29, 2017 in Fractals, Dungeons, and Raids

When the announcement was made to cease production/maintenance of dungeon content in favor of Fractals, the two main reasons given by ANET were:
1. Making 3 - 4 paths within each dungeon was time and resource-consuming
2. Making armor/weapon sets for each dungeon ate up resources better spent on creating content.

While I understand the reasoning, I'm also curious if people would be interested in new Dungeons without those items or if people need Dungeons to fit the same mold as the originals, or if people are simply happy with the existing model

"Beware those who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master."
Tempest, Spellbreaker, Mirage, Scourge
[AGNY] - Eternal Agony Guild, Sanctum of Rall

Dungeons Poll 172 votes

If new dungeons are made, they must have multiple paths and unique armor/weapon sets.
44%
Red Haired Savage.5430AegisRunestone.8672Nihevil.8024pinerider.1950PlaviGmaz.2978Fenom.9457pelle ossa.9705BobbyT.7192Gabesz.3895scarmak.4159Mordaredrom.9162Khailyn.6248runeblade.7514Einlanzer.1627PaxTheGreatOne.9472Zaraki.5784Mishoo.5918Parlance.9584Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497Robban.1256 76 votes
If new dungeons are made, they must have multiple paths but unique armor/weapon set are unnecessary.
7%
mazut.4296skywalker.3481Grimjack.8130Sublimatio.6981Nevaahe.6308ExiledEste.9536TPMN.1483Cylokin.2560Issildia.1289Dooks.5028cklin.1570Elerios.1670Chryses.5906 13 votes
If new dungeons are made, they must have multiple paths but unique armor/weapon set are unnecessary.
4%
Kam.4092vicious.5683sokeenoppa.5384hellsqueen.3045Valik Shin.9027TwilightSoul.9048Riku.4821Naturalistwonder.7845 8 votes
If new dungeons are made, they do not need multiple paths or unique armor/weapon sets.
23%
Mops.5316KINGsnwpe.7092Malleth.5621Exciton.8942UnbentMars.9126reikken.4961hornswroggle.8023crosknight.3041npmis.7860SirMoogie.9263Asum.4960TexZero.7910Mini Crinny.6190Paralux.6714Fplattel.1460Anthy.8342Wondrouswall.7169Xstein.2187Pazu.8320Coulter.2315 41 votes
No new dungeons should be made, I am happy with the status quo.
19%
Beorn Raukar.4328meeflak.9714Vinceman.4572ButterPeanut.9746Faaris.8013Rising Dusk.2408Feanor.2358kKagari.6804Vayne.8563mygamingid.5816Mourningcry.9428flog.3485Sarrs.4831Shirlias.8104Cyninja.2954Ayakaru.6583Eme.2018JayMack.8295Hock.6740Fallesafe.5932 34 votes

Comments

• If new dungeons are made, they do not need multiple paths or unique armor/weapon sets.

Previous poll did not include a "status quo" option. Thanks for pointing that out @Vinceman.4572

"Beware those who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master."

• No new dungeons should be made, I am happy with the status quo.

I'm happy with the state of instanced content in GW2. We have fractals for 5-man and more casual instanced content, and we have raids for more coordinated group efforts. That isn't to say that there aren't improvements that could be made to reward schemes or encounter designs or whatever, but fractals are way better than dungeons ever were and I'm really happy with the overall direction and story.

Valor Zeal [VZ] - Stormbluff Isle

• Hyper Cutter.9376Hyper Cutter.9376 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2, 2017
    If new dungeons are made, they must have multiple paths and unique armor/weapon sets.

They need to start making dungeons again, they were a much more cohesive experience than fractals, and more accessible instanced content is desperately needed.

If they could make a specialized raid team that supposedly did all that by themselves like people claim, they can make a similar team for dungeons as well.

• UnbentMars.9126UnbentMars.9126 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2, 2017
    If new dungeons are made, they do not need multiple paths or unique armor/weapon sets.

@Rennie.6750 said:
    Can't vote. I don't care about multiple paths but a new armour is indeed necessary. That being said, I'd love new dungeons.

OMG i'm stupid....that was supposed to be the yellow option

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'd take it without armors if I had to, but I very very much so want more dungeons. Fractals are basically dungeons except they don't matter in the world. But the fractals team could totally make dungeons, and Itd help make the main story deeper by giving explanations

HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

• Henry.5713Henry.5713 Member ✭✭✭✭

Dungeons are all about being part of the Living World in this game, including multiple branching paths and the possibility to discover a new one when some event happens in the world. They started with Aether Path in TA and I'd have liked it if they had continued it that way. New armor sets would be cool for the possible new skins alone but not as important to me.

Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something. ~ Robert Heinlein

• maddoctor.2738maddoctor.2738 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Henry.5713 said:
    Dungeons are all about being part of the Living World in this game, including multiple branching paths and the possibility to discover a new one when some event happens in the world. They started with Aether Path in TA and I'd have liked it if they had continued it that way. New armor sets would be cool for the possible new skins alone but not as important to me.

Actually they started much earlier than Aether Path, their first after-release dungeon was the Molten Facility (now it's split in 2 fractals) and then Aetherblade Retreat (also split in 2 fractals now)
    They both had many unique skins and rewards not available anywhere else and worked in a very similar way to dungeons, but none of them had multiple paths.
    Also remember the uproar about "Canach's dungeon" during the Last Stand at Southsun release? It had the word "dungeon" but it was a solo boss fight.

Dungeons were part of the game's release schedule for a time. If they ever came back they'd be as part of the Living World so highly unlikely to have multiple paths or complete new armor sets but rather one path that ties with the current story and some unique skins to go for.

• ProtoGunner.4953ProtoGunner.4953 Member ✭✭✭✭

Aetherpath and Molten Facility were fully fleshed out dungeons and were both appreciated. They were way longer than the sorry excuse we have as fractals now. A shame that we don't have the original ones. Why did they remove them? It was great flavour and the entrances were somewhere in the world. Such a shame...

• If new dungeons are made, they must have multiple paths but unique armor/weapon set are unnecessary.

I have always liked dungeons better than fractals

• Einlanzer.1627Einlanzer.1627 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 5, 2017

I think not getting at least one new full dungeon per expansion with multiple paths and its own gear set is a little ridiculous. I don't care what anyone says - good instanced content is important for the game, and FoTM really doesn't have the immersive quality to compensate for never adding new real dungeons.

I would actually rather they just stop doing raids and resume doing traditional dungeons.

edit - part of me feels I misvoted. If the alternative is never getting new real dungeons, I'd gladly accept dungeons not having multiple paths and their own equipment sets. Fractals just aren't good enough to satisfy any real desire for dungeon exploration.

• Kichwas.7152Kichwas.7152 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 5, 2017

I don't care what's in them. I just want them.

I'm used to MMOs now like ESO where they add a complete new dungeon every 3 hours... (ok, not that fast, but the selection is HUGE and always growing), or FFXIV where every *.x patch adds 1 to 3 dungeons - giving us on average.... 2 every 3 months.

Here... nothing since 2013, unless you count fractals - which should count, but the 'tiering up' of Fractals makes them less accessible (less people running any given level range of them - the community is too split up).

So, I picked "If new dungeons are made, they do not need multiple paths or unique armor/weapon sets." - because I just want the content. The reward is just being able to play the content...

Just say no to butt-flaps.

• Paralux.6714Paralux.6714 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 7, 2017

I'd prefer if they had unique armor and weapon sets, but it's not a must. Multiple paths would be fun as well, but I'd rather just see new dungeons being added.
    It would be nice, however, with achievements linked to the dungeon that would require you to run it a few times in order to complete the achievement. Another idea that I've seen some mention in the forum is the addition of duo dungeons. I think that's a great idea, since the main problem with dungeons is finding a group.

• CptAurellian.9537CptAurellian.9537 Member ✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't mind new dungeons, but I'm pretty happy with the fractals system.

Praise delta!

• TexZero.7910TexZero.7910 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'd like new dungeons. Not like the old versions.

See the Dwarven Ruins in Desert Highlands as an example of the type of dungeon i'd enjoy seeing more of.

• Ahlen.7591Ahlen.7591 Member ✭✭✭

How about "Status quo, but add a full set of fractal armor skins".

• Lily.1935Lily.1935 Member ✭✭✭✭

There isn't an option for them to just rework the original dungeons. Because I feel that has more long term value to the game than new Dungeons. But I'm also interested in a Hard Mode version of each dungeon that rewards more tokens and unlocked an Elite version of each of the Dungeon's unique armor. They don't have to look majorly different. They could be like how they did Elonian and Spearmartial armor. Make those sets really expensive to get and take a lot of dedication and time!

• hellsqueen.3045hellsqueen.3045 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 9, 2017

Which one is the yellow option though to vote for no need of multiple paths but skins would be nice?
    EDIT: I just clicked view results to check, it's the third option :)

Founder of Affinitus Nemus [AFNM]
    "Join Us, We're Lonely" - Our Guild At Some Point

JUST LIKE THE LORAX, WE SPEAK FOR THE TREES!

• Riku.4821Riku.4821 Member ✭✭

Where is the single path but have unique armor sets? you have two answers that are the same?

• hellsqueen.3045hellsqueen.3045 Member ✭✭✭

@Riku.4821 said:
    Where is the single path but have unique armor sets? you have two answers that are the same?

3rd option friend. I was thinking the same thing, OP said it was yellow so I check which it was first before voting.

• Gomes.5643Gomes.5643 Member ✭✭

In my opinion the concept of "dungeons" should be taken back to scratch. They are completly outdated and kind of redundant with the implementation of fractals.
    So I would like them to step back from the "multiple path" - dungeon which is just a longer fractal (or shorter and easier raid) and focus more on the exploration aspect (which they promised on release but never delievered). Making them a bit more like the elite regions in GW1, more you basically had a whole map filled with encounters and tried to stay alive (and got kicked out when your group wiped ;) ). That would make them differ from fractals/raids.

• npmis.7860npmis.7860 Member ✭✭
    edited October 11, 2017

My idea of new dungeons would be a collection of multiple dungeons, that have one combined pool of rewards. For example each of the PoF maps would have one dungeons. Those five dungeons all give the same currency. With the currency you could buy weapons, that are associated with the content of all five dungeons.

Those dungeons could tell the story of the Durmand Priory researching old ruins or what ever makes sens.

Edit: Obviously those dungeons most hold up to the quality of the fractals, in order to still be enjoyable.

Eternal Chrono-Tank identifying as a Ele-main.

• If new dungeons are made, they must have multiple paths but unique armor/weapon set are unnecessary.

@npmis.7860 said:
    My idea of new dungeons would be a collection of multiple dungeons, that have one combined pool of rewards. For example each of the PoF maps would have one dungeons. Those five dungeons all give the same currency. With the currency you could buy weapons, that are associated with the content of all five dungeons.

Those dungeons could tell the story of the Durmand Priory researching old ruins or what ever makes sens.

Edit: Obviously those dungeons most hold up to the quality of the fractals, in order to still be enjoyable.

So in a sense we still get unique skins but in a different way. That seems cool :)

• If new dungeons are made, they must have multiple paths and unique armor/weapon sets.

You seem to have the same option twice?

Multiple Paths are nice but not neccessary, Unique armor is the most "rewarding" and most interesting reward this game has to offer so that should always be there.
    Someone mentioned a Unique Fractal Armor set, that would be something I'd get behind as well :)

As the old worlds fall behind
    Our spirit reaches wide
    With no fear breathing new life
    Awaken from the dark dark slumber

Wintersun - Awaken from the dark slumber (Spring) - Part II The Awakening

• Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭

I suspect if a new dungeon were to be made, it would be one bland path without skins, meaning it'd be a fractal without the flare.. so no, I prefer things as is.
    That said, I would love a set of armor for fractals

To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
    Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

I understand your argument that a Dungeon with a single Path is basically a Fractal - just usually Fractals don't have any story (cutscenes, ...).
    My demand is not for a new dungeon every 2 months or so, but once a year or every two years would be very nice.
    I'm not fond of Raids: You need 10 people in first place and they need to know there classes quite well. The Raids actually made me leave my old guild because they started raiding every evening.

• If new dungeons are made, they do not need multiple paths or unique armor/weapon sets.

I like dungeons, but I'd settle for an in-between if any were added. Like an additional path to some of the older ones so they don't have to create new armor/weapon sets. Something new, yet familiar. Just don't remove existing paths for new ones like what happened to TA Forward-Up being replaced with Aether.

PET PRECISION & DPS DATA (DPS outdated)
    Back in Black... Desert Online.

• Nihevil.8024Nihevil.8024 Member ✭✭✭

it'll never happen unfortunately but ok

i think ur option miss one

If new dungeons are made, they do not need multiple paths , but have unique armor/weapon sets.

• If new dungeons are made, they must have multiple paths and unique armor/weapon sets.

This game sorely needs new dungeons, and new armor/skins as a reward for beating them. At this point we'd be better off telling newbies that dungeons don't exist if Anet refuses to fix the old and create new.

• I love running dungeons. It's so hard to get a group together now since Anet is shifting play away from them. I don't have time to raid, and I'm not a huge fan of fractals since they feel like a "lite" version of a dungeon. It's sad and I run them when I can but it's a lot less frequent than it used to be.

• Sarrs.4831Sarrs.4831 Member ✭✭✭

Why dungeons over fractals? The only tangible advantage I can see to dungeons over fractals is that dungeons are 'real' in that they occupy a place in the world; but that somewhat feels like a trivial distinction.

Where do you want dungeons to fit in the OW->Fractals->Raids schema? Are they just going to fall into the same place as early Fractals?

If dungeons are reintroduced as a form of endgame, does that not to some degree imply that the existing dungeons must be reworked and revamped to fit into the new structure of dungeons, in whatever form it takes?

Dungeons are old enough that I would be genuinely interested in ANet saying "right we're going to turn all the dungeons into fractals, we're going to polish them up, we're going to add new rewards". But I don't know what kind of response that would get from everyone else.

• Shirlias.8104Shirlias.8104 Member ✭✭✭✭

Fractals are way better ( the 2 new ones are so kitten cool compared to dungeons and older fractals ).
    I hope they continue that way.

maybe something dungeon related.

• flog.3485flog.3485 Member ✭✭✭

It would be awesome to add a fractal armor skin per tier

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.