Idiots Guide to Patch Changes: TLDR

bbop.9706

@HeadCrowned.6834 said:If you're too lazy to read the patch notes, why wouldnt we be too lazy to give a proper answer to this?

There are plenty of people who'd read the patch notes and still not understand exactly what went down. It might have nothing to do with being lazy. It's a lot of information to digest an some people are far more familiar with the game than others.

@Vayne.8563 said:

@HeadCrowned.6834 said:If you're too lazy to read the patch notes, why wouldnt we be too lazy to give a proper answer to this?

There are plenty of people who'd read the patch notes and still not understand exactly what went down. It might have nothing to do with being lazy. It's a lot of information to digest an some people are far more familiar with the game than others.

Dude! Thank you! Of course i read the patch notes! Duh! What im looking for is people that have seen how the changes affected the meta buids and what those are specifically.

I Personally noticed no difference playing core guard. If anything I had an easier time of it that pre patch.

I play multiple classes but i'm not proper hardcore and i hover between gold and plat so im not an authority on the meta. And yes, i am relatively new as in ive been playing less than a year.

Sorry for my unashamed laziness, im a father if 2 with a busy life and little time for gw2 research, but i kitten love this game! And i would like to know if any of my favourite professions are broken.

@bbop.9706 said:

Dude! Thank you! Of course i read the patch notes! Duh! What im looking for is people that have seen how the changes affected the meta buids and what those are specifically.

I Personally noticed no difference playing core guard. If anything I had an easier time of it that pre patch.

I play multiple classes but i'm not proper hardcore and i hover between gold and plat so im not an authority on the meta. And yes, i am relatively new as in ive been playing less than a year.

Sorry for my unashamed laziness, im a father if 2 with a busy life and little time for gw2 research, but i kitten love this game! And i would like to know if any of my favourite professions are broken.

I'd have answered more directly but I don't play a core guard myself and don't really want to give the wrong info. Though more generally if you're not raiding or doing T4 fractals, or PvP or WvW I guess, it doesn't much matter. I spend a lot of time in the open world, I'm fairly casual and none of my builds seem particularly affected. People who'll notice most are either doing group content together or they're watching numbers on a DPS meter. I suspect most people won't notice much.

@"bbop.9706" said:Can anyone sum up, in a nutshell, the most meaningful take aways that affect the current meta? I was hapilly farming away my core GS guard before i even realised there was a balance patch! Cheers!

Soulbeast got buffed with more damage reduction, other classes/builds that were "meta" saw 1-2 things nerfed in varying amounts. Alternative builds got destroyed hard and ele just kinda sits there going nowhere.

@Vayne.8563 said:

I'd have answered more directly but I don't play a core guard myself and don't really want to give the wrong info. Though more generally if you're not raiding or doing T4 fractals, or PvP or WvW I guess, it doesn't much matter. I spend a lot of time in the open world, I'm fairly casual and none of my builds seem particularly affected. People who'll notice most are either doing group content together or they're watching numbers on a DPS meter. I suspect most people won't notice much.

Thanks for your perspective. The most notable change to guard looks like the massive nerf to Firebrand Tome cooldowns. But i dont play support only quickness FB for open world so no idea how 'nerfed' support guard actually is..

@RisenHowl.2419 said:

@bbop.9706 said:soulbeast got more damage reduction?! it was nigh on unkillable already! which traits got buffed to offer more damage reduction?

Dolyak stance now has 33% damage reduction from all sources. But they took away retal, you know, to keep it fair.

We all know how ridiculously OP it would have been had they left the retal in.

Archived