Confounding Suggestions + Paralyzation Sigil Stack

Me Games Ma.8426

Nice! This is very helpful as I remembered sigils didn't stack with traits in the past.

Does this work on runes of mesmer in terms of daze duration? Because then it'll turn any 1s daze from mesmer to 1.83s daze which is quite significant with distration, mantra, pistol, staff 5 etc. I'm currently having a blast with this build, slowing enemy on demand with the new Lost Time (which makes interrupt much easier) and stacking 5 condis on interrupt. I didn't know daze stacks and was just using the runes for damage.

@"NICENIKESHOE.7128" said:Nice! This is very helpful as I remembered sigils didn't stack with traits in the past.

Does this work on runes of mesmer in terms of daze duration? Because then it'll turn any 1s daze from mesmer to 1.83s daze which is quite significant with distration, mantra, pistol, staff 5 etc. I'm currently having a blast with this build, slowing enemy on demand with the new Lost Time (which makes interrupt much easier) and stacking 5 condis on interrupt. I didn't know daze stacks and was just using the runes for damage.

Actually yes and no.I tried it using Rune of the Mesmer but i coudn't understand the results.I would have expected the daze to last 1.83s but iirc it was longer so dazes could probably stack 1.33 1.5 Daze I'm at my parents house this weekend so I can only look into the screenshots on monday.

Interesting build choice btw! I have actually been running something VERY similar in WvW for a few days.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAreWnknBFphlpB2oBEgilTjqear2ulMAWggyMH2mbA-jViUABMrESBlPs/AAAY/BeV/x3TBwK6DyWJYvHBAA-w

I prefer the Lesser Chaos Storm for additional Interrupts and the new anti CC trait is very strong imo.

@Me Games Ma.8426 said:

@"NICENIKESHOE.7128" said:Nice! This is very helpful as I remembered sigils didn't stack with traits in the past.

Does this work on runes of mesmer in terms of daze duration? Because then it'll turn any 1s daze from mesmer to 1.83s daze which is quite significant with distration, mantra, pistol, staff 5 etc. I'm currently having a blast with
, slowing enemy on demand with the new Lost Time (which makes interrupt much easier) and stacking 5 condis on interrupt. I didn't know daze stacks and was just using the runes for damage.

Actually yes and no.I tried it using Rune of the Mesmer but i coudn't understand the results.I would have expected the daze to last 1.83s but iirc it was longer so dazes could probably stack 1.33
Daze I'm at my parents house this weekend so I can only look into the screenshots on monday.

Interesting build choice btw! I have actually been running something VERY similar in WvW for a few days.

I prefer the Lesser Chaos Storm for additional Interrupts and the new anti CC trait is very strong imo.

In testing with my friend, we observed RoM + CS stacking caused power lock to daze for 2ish seconds. It would seem they stack 1.33 x 1.5 x Daze (which the tooltip rounds from 1.95 to 2).

@Daniel Handler.4816 said:

Does this work on runes of mesmer in terms of daze duration? Because then it'll turn any 1s daze from mesmer to 1.83s daze which is quite significant with distration, mantra, pistol, staff 5 etc. I'm currently having a blast with
, slowing enemy on demand with the new Lost Time (which makes interrupt much easier) and stacking 5 condis on interrupt. I didn't know daze stacks and was just using the runes for damage.

Actually yes and no.I tried it using Rune of the Mesmer but i coudn't understand the results.I would have expected the daze to last 1.83s but iirc it was longer so dazes could probably stack 1.33
Daze I'm at my parents house this weekend so I can only look into the screenshots on monday.

In testing with my friend, we observed RoM + CS stacking caused power lock to daze for 2ish seconds. It would seem they stack 1.33 x 1.5 x Daze (which the tooltip rounds from 1.95 to 2).

Where are you seeing this? My tooltip doesn't show they stack it only says 1.5 daze with CS + RoM. Did you mean the cooldown shown on the UI hotkeys in testing? Can you post a screenshot of your tooltip showing 2s daze with RoM + CS?

@LTCpanders.2871 said:

Where are you seeing this? My tooltip doesn't show they stack it only says 1.5 daze with CS + RoM. Did you mean the cooldown shown on the UI hotkeys in testing? Can you post a screenshot of your tooltip showing 2s daze with RoM + CS?

See Me Games's post above yours for a screenshot, my friend and I did a similar experiment.

See Me Games's post above yours for a screenshot, my friend and I did a similar experiment.

Thanks yeah I saw that. I was just asking how you're seeing it in your tooltips.

@LTCpanders.2871 said:

Thanks yeah I saw that. I was just asking how you're seeing it in your tooltips.

I didn't. I reported what my friend saw in theirs.

I didn't. I reported what my friend saw in theirs.

For sake of clarity, I think maybe you're mixing up tooltips with icon timers.

This is what you said:"...In testing with my friend, we observed RoM + CS stacking caused power lock to daze for 2ish seconds. It would seem they stack 1.33 x 1.5 x Daze (which the tooltip rounds from 1.95 to 2). ..."

Unless I'm understanding you wrong. If what your friend saw was the same thing as shown in [Me Games Ma.8426]'s screenshot above those are icon timers. Tooltips are what is shown in the popup window while hovering over the ability icons.

Archived