Wintersday 2018 Decoration Discussion

Alimar.8760

Like it says in the title, I'd like to discuss what people thought of the new decorations this year, and hopefully offer suggestions for next year.

Personally I like the decorations but they feel really lackluster in terms of amount, variety and size. We got a gigantic ice floor, but the walls and towers are very small in comparison. Plus Freezies heart after crafting it seems...dull? In comparison to the icon image.

In terms of the ice fortress parts, could we get ice gates as well? An archway? Or ramps too, but we already have those.

One thing I've really wanted was a large platform of snow like the SAB platform. So I can cover the guild hall in a snowy floor. Using the piles of snow or the snow mounds really don't cover enough to justify it's use with the limited decoration space. Can we get (for next year.) A nice large snow platform?

On an alternate thought, some kind of decoration or environment toggle for the guild hall so we can switch between snowy/non-snowy or something would be nice too like how Divinity's Reach has theirs, where everything is snowing and the light is different.

Also can we get more lights (string lights to place on walls or two festive lamps with lights strung between? Also peppermint items like canes/sticks and mints?

Let us offer suggestions for next year!

I've tried to make an ice-castle with the given decorations ...MCOgYWr.jpg

The bottom is very high, but that is something you can deal with. The towers and the walls looks fantastic. The costs are also OK.

Freezie's Heart is rather disappointing. I had to combine it with an actual Snow Maker to get some nice effects. I was also hoping for a secret feature, but throwing snowballs at it does nothing.

It would be nice to have more ice-castle decorations in the future (Archways, Drawbridge, Windows, Doors).

Archived