Most OP Class Dec 14 2018

Apolo.5942

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they are probably closer together, since everyone got nerfs.

Reapers dmg got nerfed in sustain and some of the dmg.Warriors got nerfed in full counter pretty hard.Thieves got hit with the nerf bat very very hard on lead attacks, so now they are forced to be in combat to get some, and rifle also got nerfed.Eles got nerfed in sustain in tempest elite spec, and also nerfed in crit dmg.mesmers got the most nerfs that ive seen:Jaunt got nerfed from 3 charges to 2, and the buffs chrono gives out was also nerfed such as quickness, but got buffed in power.Mesmers were hit very hard with the nerf bat in fact.Guardians got some nerfs to some abilities with hammer I think, but I will need to be corrected.

Pretty much every class took a hit by the nerf bat.

@Axl.8924 said:I think they are probably closer together, since everyone got nerfs.

Reapers dmg got nerfed in sustain and some of the dmg.Warriors got nerfed in full counter pretty hard.Thieves got hit with the nerf bat very very hard on lead attacks, so now they are forced to be in combat to get some, and rifle also got nerfed.Eles got nerfed in sustain in tempest elite spec, and also nerfed in crit dmg.mesmers got the most nerfs that ive seen:Jaunt got nerfed from 3 charges to 2, and the buffs chrono gives out was also nerfed such as quickness, but got buffed in power.Mesmers were hit very hard with the nerf bat in fact.Guardians got some nerfs to some abilities with hammer I think, but I will need to be corrected.

Boonbeast was buffed to even more impossible to kill.

Anyone voting anything other than ranger on this poll doesn't know what they're talking about.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Axl.8924 said:I think they are probably closer together, since everyone got nerfs.

Anyone voting anything other than ranger on this poll doesn't know what they're talking about.

I haven't played every class, but I have played some in pvp.

Thief(Ranked)Necromancer(ranked and unranked)Druid spec(Healing) unrankedElementalist(healing) (power) (unranked)Mesmer(Unranked) (Power)

Im obviously not the best and far from it, but I have at least some ideas of the skills and how it works, with thief being the one I played the most.

I cannot speak for these specs:Soul beast, mirage, weaver or any of the warrior specs and most of the engi specs.

I played some firebrand and some holo, but it was during beta and I barely played compared to scourge, deadeye and weaver, with scourge and deadeye being the most played.

You cannot deny the fact that the changes to chronomancer are huge, and cannot be written off since its a big nerf to support.The nerfs I mentioned are absolutely massive.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

Ranger has amazing trait synergy which many classes have also enjoyed but were nerfed in hefty amounts because of. Also if you think PvP soulbeast is busted try fighting it in WvW where ANet love skill splitting ranger from it's PvP nerfs so druid is as faceroll as ever (10s CA CD) and the stance cool down increases weren't implemented but the buff to dolyak stance is brought over.

Soul beast very strong at moment and mirage still troublesome to effectively pin down (and its condi still good). sceptre weaver seems to be getting a look in for raw damage but balanced by lack of survivability at least. deadeye much better deal with now u can reflect deaths judgment. warrior still a solid class that can survive 2 vs 1's for a good amount of time. scourges will always be a pain due to boon hate and aoe condi spam. holo still got insane cc and dps but less annoying now without extra invul.guard seems in a good place and haven't seen a rev in pvp yet think they gone extinct due to neglect.

balance is defiantly going in right direction, some class reworks could fix a lot of problems instead of mainly number changes. some class mechanics are just overtuned.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

Yes now soulbeast is the king or 1v1 and 1v X.

@ferbz.6987 said:Voted ranger (SB). Hybrid Condi SBs have been showing up more lately, they are as disgusting as Condi mesmers were a few nerfs ago. Tanky, high burst, high sustain, Dodges for days

Serious question: is this a legit thing in higher level PvP? I don't PvP anymore but the condition Soulbeasts I run into in WvW aren't the most threatening.

Well, its pretty clear that mesmers and rangers are an issue.

It is also interesting to point out, that it is clear Anet, has not gotten any better at balancing, in an ideal world, you would have the majority of people choosing the last option, in a less ideal world, you would have an even distribution on opnes which could be explained through weak matches, in the real world, you have clear cut problem cases, one of which is an on going problem child.

@apharma.3741 said:

@"Axl.8924" said:I think they are probably closer together, since everyone got nerfs.

Ranger has amazing trait synergy which many classes have also enjoyed but were nerfed in hefty amounts because of. Also if you think PvP soulbeast is busted try fighting it in WvW where ANet love skill splitting ranger from it's PvP nerfs so druid is as faceroll as ever (10s CA CD) and the stance cool down increases weren't implemented but the buff to dolyak stance is brought over.

The only class which has been nerfed from playable to unplayable would be ele..about the rest, they remain viable despite these "hefty" nerfs, the trait synergy is still there just not as broken; trait synergy should be a target for each profession..not something to destroy. The CA cd sits in the same room with many other traits on other profession which received only pvp related nerfs, if you want to extend CA cd nerfs to wvw then...you should extend nerfs also on warrior endure pain, holo traits etc etc.

About soulbeast, it remains a power spec with no innate sustain but kept alive by this boon generation gimmick, without which it would offer even less sustain than core ranger let alone druid, now I have been a strong advocate of removing/nerfing moa stance even more and yet...ranger is far from being this one man army

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@"Axl.8924" said:I think they are probably closer together, since everyone got nerfs.

The only class which has been nerfed from playable to unplayable would be ele..about the rest, they remain viable despite these "hefty" nerfs, the trait synergy is still there just not as broken; trait synergy should be a target for each profession..not something to destroy. The CA cd sits in the same room with many other traits on other profession which received only pvp related nerfs, if you want to extend CA cd nerfs to wvw then...you should extend nerfs also on warrior endure pain, holo traits etc etc.

About soulbeast, it remains a power spec with no innate sustain but kept alive by this boon generation gimmick, without which it would offer even less sustain than core ranger let alone druid, now I have been a strong advocate of removing/nerfing moa stance even more and yet...
ranger is far from being this one man army

You actually have to invest time and effort into elementalists if you want to be anything other than useless with it...

@sephiroth.4217 said:

About soulbeast, it remains a power spec with no innate sustain but kept alive by this boon generation gimmick, without which it would offer even less sustain than core ranger let alone druid, now I have been a strong advocate of removing/nerfing moa stance even more and yet...

You actually have to invest time and effort into elementalists if you want to be anything other than useless with it...

I actually want elementalist to have more damage, oddly enough. I think when a lot of people roll elementalist they want to be that classic wizard able to hurl death on people from a distance. I wish Elementalist was a huge power / crit version of a scourge and could be super successful as a team damage carry the way Holosmith and Rev currently are, but with a more traditional caster flavor. I miss fresh air ele before they got that huge damage nerf, they were super fun to play and fun to fight against.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

I didn't say anything about removing the trait synergy.

Yes the nerfs in PvP should be carried over to WvW, I'm all for consistency between the competitive game modes.

Troll Unguent when traited is one of the strongest heals in the game for it's cool down, likewise with we heal as one. Both in very accessible trait lines that contain much wanted traits with useful skills within their class giving it good health regeneration ON TOP of beast abilities that give it more sustain or have you forgotten about them?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spiritual_Reprievehttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Unflinching_Fortitudehttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Smoke_Assault_(soulbeast)https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Swoop_(soulbeast)https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defy_Pain_(soulbeast)

Yes they're only on certain pets but you can't ignore the survivability these give, especially owl.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

I actually want elementalist to have more damage, oddly enough. I think when a lot of people roll elementalist they want to be that classic wizard able to hurl death on people from a distance. I wish Elementalist was a huge power / crit version of a scourge and could be super successful as a team damage carry the way Holosmith and Rev currently are, but with a more traditional caster flavor. I miss fresh air ele before they got that huge damage nerf, they were super fun to play and fun to fight against.

Ele doesn't need buffs it needs all the power creep to be addressed. A lot of ele builds work by reducing damage taken and healing back up what damage it takes through really high sustained healing. Sustained healing means nothing if every hit chunks off half your health and thanks to FB we saw clerics amulet removed.

@apharma.3741 said:

Ele doesn't need buffs it needs all the power creep to be addressed. A lot of ele builds work by reducing damage taken and healing back up what damage it takes through really high sustained healing. Sustained healing means nothing if every hit chunks off half your health and thanks to FB we saw clerics amulet removed.

I hope you mean Magi amulet because Clerics was removed due to Tempest

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

I hope you mean Magi amulet because Clerics was removed due to Tempest

Ah yes I mistook the amulets, thanks.

Archived